Slay Christmas

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Slay Christmas

Post by Queen K »

There is probably going to be a good time to wrap up Slay Christmas 2018 but until then I want to add one more thing.

Who is stopping whom from saying "Merry Christmas"? I keep hearing all this stuff about having to keep everyone happy by not saying it.

Since when? There has not been on identifiable group saying how awful it is for them to hear "Merry Christmas." It has been said that only the left has pushed for "happy holidays" in an effort not have non-Christians not to be even inadvertently offended. It has been said by visible ethnic minorities on tv, "go ahead, say Merry Christmas, we don't of anyone offended by it." So what the heck, how did the "don't say Merry Christmas" rumours get started anyways?

If anything, memes like the one below do not help.

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

So true .. But OH I, so sad ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I don't give a damn...I say Merry Christmas!

I am not offended if someone replies with whatever their choice is.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Queen K wrote:If anything, memes like the one below do not help.

Santa is White - thats not diverse.
Santa is Male - that encourages the patriarchy.
Santa uses reindeer - thats animal cruelty.
Santa lives in the North Pole - thats cultural appropriation.
Santa is fat - that promotes obesity and an unhealthy life style (but he can't be thinner, because that would be fat shamming)

[icon_lol2.gif]
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:200:

Done bullying Santa?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh and for all those of you who hate taking down the Christmas tree, if you have a plastic tree decorated in plastic Made in China slave factories you can do your further part to use oil based single use plastics to enrich Saudia Arabia and wrap your tree in saran wrap.

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Queen K wrote::200:

Done bullying Santa?

I got socks instead of the official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle I wanted, so no

:biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

OKkayak wrote:
Queen K wrote::200:

Done bullying Santa?

I got socks instead of the official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle I wanted, so no

:biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]

I got socks instead of fancy coloured diamonds and I'm not dissin' Santa! :biggrin:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:Oh and for all those of you who hate taking down the Christmas tree, if you have a plastic tree decorated in plastic Made in China slave factories you can do your further part to use oil based single use plastics to enrich Saudia Arabia and wrap your tree in saran wrap.

Damn, I like that idea...now where can I store it like this? hmmmm
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I *love* socks for Christmas! And my daughter is disappointed she didn't get any. Next year.

I got some of those "infrared" socks, some hiking socks (wonder if mom is trying to tell me something) and some knee-high fleece-lined reading socks (they are simply amazing!).
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lady tehMa wrote:I *love* socks for Christmas! And my daughter is disappointed she didn't get any. Next year.

I got some of those "infrared" socks, some hiking socks (wonder if mom is trying to tell me something) and some knee-high fleece-lined reading socks (they are simply amazing!).

Cool! Socks that can read, what will they think of next.
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

Queen K wrote:There is probably going to be a good time to wrap up Slay Christmas 2018 but until then I want to add one more thing.

Who is stopping whom from saying "Merry Christmas"? I keep hearing all this stuff about having to keep everyone happy by not saying it.

Since when? There has not been on identifiable group saying how awful it is for them to hear "Merry Christmas." It has been said that only the left has pushed for "happy holidays" in an effort not have non-Christians not to be even inadvertently offended. It has been said by visible ethnic minorities on tv, "go ahead, say Merry Christmas, we don't of anyone offended by it." So what the heck, how did the "don't say Merry Christmas" rumours get started anyways?

If anything, memes like the one below do not help.

This, whomever he thinks he is, sais that saying Merry Christmas is worse than adultery or committing murder.
Crazy world!
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/musli ... jors-sins/
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So now that it's the 29th, and people are a tad bit less busy with their own holiday stuff, they are all looking up from their lives and asking that dreaded question:

"So, how was your Christmas."

Do you "grey rock"? "It was fine."
Do you tell the truth? "Horrid, as per usual."
Do you tell the other truth? "It was fantastic! We has such a good time" IF you know the person asking did not?
Or if the person asking did have the best Christmas ever, do you just ask about theirs and change to NY's talk?

I know lots of people for whom Christmas was one holiday they could do without this year. And know what? It is okay to not be okay.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bsuds wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:I *love* socks for Christmas! And my daughter is disappointed she didn't get any. Next year.

Cool! Socks that can read, what will they think of next.

WHOA, reading socks? Where for art thou doest one find these things of wonder?

I got two pairs of socks.
And a box of Merci.
And an ornament full of chocolate.
A bird calendar.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Speaking of New Years, let's trot out that that old thing about New Years Resolutions and really useless they can be.

Lose weight? Story of my life.
Hike more? AKA exercise? Sure. As soon as Winter is over.
Buy less.
Donate more.

How about yourself?

Return to “Social Concerns”