Crucifying the dead

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Crucifying the dead

Post by Glacier »

To Leftists Dragging John Wayne's Dead Body Through the Streets: Now Do Che Guevara

https://pjmedia.com/trending/to-leftist ... e-guevara/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Crucifying the dead

Post by JayByrd »

Does thinking John Wayne was a POS make one a leftist? Or is it just only leftists that think that?

And is there such a thing as a rightist?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

In my opinion..these days the extreme left is probably more dangerous
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Symbonite wrote:In my opinion..these days the extreme left is probably more dangerous

your opinion though doesn't match the statistics comparing damage caused by right wing extremism vs left wing extremism. In fact terrorism from the left has been decreasing for decades, while right wing terrorism is on the rise.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

People from the past do have opinions & make choices that will most likely upset or p :cuss: people off today i.e just look into bing crosby (spoiler alert, not going like what you will find).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote:People from the past do have opinions & make choices that will most likely upset or p :cuss: people off today i.e just look into bing crosby (spoiler alert, not going like what you will find).

https://www.trentonian.com/opinion/spli ... 7e6d1.html

"White Christmas" epitomizes white power that transcends time. I mean, dreaming of a white Christmas "just like the ones I used to know" underscores institutional racism, prejudice and bigotry. If the United States expects to rise above our issues with color then we must recognize insidious words and message that lace our fabric of democracy.

:spitcoffee: :laugh:
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Omnitheo wrote:your opinion though doesn't match the statistics comparing damage caused by right wing extremism vs left wing extremism. In fact terrorism from the left has been decreasing for decades, while right wing terrorism is on the rise.

The Extreme Lefties weapon of choice is psychological. Strike smug superiority into society by name calling, finger pointing and mansplaining those who don't use the correct made up pronouns, gender neutral, etc.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:People from the past do have opinions & make choices that will most likely upset or p :cuss: people off today i.e just look into bing crosby (spoiler alert, not going like what you will find).

https://www.trentonian.com/opinion/spli ... 7e6d1.html

"White Christmas" epitomizes white power that transcends time. I mean, dreaming of a white Christmas "just like the ones I used to know" underscores institutional racism, prejudice and bigotry. If the United States expects to rise above our issues with color then we must recognize insidious words and message that lace our fabric of democracy.

:spitcoffee: :laugh:[/quote]

Wow.....not what I was even pointing at, keep looking. 
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote:Wow.....not what I was even pointing at, keep looking.

LOL, sorry but I'm not going on a treasure hunt to try and look for something completely irrelevant to my life that was said by someone who's been dead for 42 years.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Wow.....not what I was even pointing at, keep looking.

OKkayak wrote:LOL, sorry but I'm not going on a treasure hunt to try and look for something completely irrelevant to my life that was said by someone who's been dead for 42 years.

Exactly, somewhat similar to what happening with our first PM (to a degree).
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

OKkayak wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:your opinion though doesn't match the statistics comparing damage caused by right wing extremism vs left wing extremism. In fact terrorism from the left has been decreasing for decades, while right wing terrorism is on the rise.

The Extreme Lefties weapon of choice is psychological. Strike smug superiority into society by name calling, finger pointing and mansplaining those who don't use the correct made up pronouns, gender neutral, etc.

Namecalling is not as dangerous as actual murder and terrorism. Also if you believe that namecalling is a tool of the left, you are displaying cognitive bias. In fact, terms like "snowflakes" were most frequently used targetted at those on left.

The pronoun issue is one of common courtesy and respect. If I say I would be prefer to be addressed as "Mr." and you repeatedly call me "Mrs." against my wish, this is you being deliberately disrespectful. In fact, this was observed on these forums, as a specific member's username was abbreviated in a way that was against their liking. The member insisted this was not their name, reported it to the staff, and they warned that anyone who continued to use this abbreviated name for the poster would receive a ban. This member was very much not left wing, however they demonstrated the attitude which they accused others of in requesting equivalent respect to be referred to with their pronoun of choice.

So this is very much not a left wing or right wing thing, but a respect and tolerance thing, and respect and tolerance should not be relegated to a specific political ideology.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

oh?
terrorism2.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

that graph doesn't conflict with what I said
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I don't vilify John Wayne for what he believed. I don't praise him for it either. He was the product of another era where a lot more people felt the way he did. We know better now. If he was still alive perhaps he'd know better too. He also died 40 years ago so who cares?

I'm old enough to remember adults telling "n****r" jokes in mixed company. Now, even people who think that kind of joke is funny, would probably hesitate to say it out loud. Because we know better.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:that graph doesn't conflict with what I said

It doesn't support it either.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”