Vegan Food A Human Right?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Iamme
Board Meister

Re: Vegan Food A Human Right?

Post by Iamme »

lesliepaul wrote:I wonder where this fellows co-workers are on this? I have a funny feeling this guy sits on a rock all by himself at every meal mumbling to himself.

Probably lined up for their second plate of steak.
Bullying is not acceptable and cowardly. You know who you are.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Mid summer on the fireline, I am guessing the temperature is mostly above 25 degrees, seems it would be difficult to keep the insulin adequately cooled. Usually there are warnings about potency if it has been left in a hot car, which is pretty much how hot it would be in a fire zone in summer.

It's also highly unlikely anyone with either type 1 or 2 would be working the fireline anyways.

Added: I know of at least 1 athlete with type 1 & he plays for a professional league.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Iamme wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:I wonder where this fellows co-workers are on this? I have a funny feeling this guy sits on a rock all by himself at every meal mumbling to himself.

Probably lined up for their second plate of steak.

Arguing about who is going to get his unused portion. His issues are not with his workmates, I don't see how his workmates would have a problem with him, unless he didn't work as hard as they did. There is no reason for him to be "shunned" from the group just because he wants to eat veggies.
Bring back the LIKE button.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

alanjh595 wrote:Arguing about who is going to get his unused portion. His issues are not with his workmates, I don't see how his workmates would have a problem with him, unless he didn't work as hard as they did. There is no reason for him to be "shunned" from the group just because he wants to eat veggies.

Depends on his attitude towards non-vegans.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Oh geeze, someone go buy the guy a case of Beyond Meat burgers, problem solved. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Oh geeze, someone go buy the guy a case of Beyond Meat burgers, problem solved. :biggrin:

It seems they did, but then he 'lost-it' on a food service employee when he saw the guy touch it after having touched meat. *gasp*
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

well that should be the end of his fire fighting days, he sounds like a dick if you ask me. personally I would have drizzled bacon fat on his salad everyday until he quit :biggrin:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Oh geeze, someone go buy the guy a case of Beyond Meat burgers, problem solved. :biggrin:

kgcayenne wrote:It seems they did, but then he 'lost-it' on a food service employee when he saw the guy touch it after having touched meat. *gasp*

Here we go.... 2 separate food prep areas needed, just so that tiny bit of beef grease doesn't get on the meatless burger.

Added: I know give those who want meatless a electric bbq, plus if they want sandwiches they can have Yves slices.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

Simple solution. No vegan employees. Ever
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I was just thinking maybe I should give this "creed" thing a shot. My creed is that I must be fed only fillet mignon carefully wrapped in bacon. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

kgcayenne wrote:

It seems they did, but then he 'lost-it' on a food service employee when he saw the guy touch it after having touched meat. *gasp*

It sounds as if the fellow was totally unreasonable. I'm sure there are some nice polite vegans out there (I may actually know one!) but this person was apparently not one of them.

Honestly, the personnel on the firelines are under enough stress that they shouldn't have to deal with that.
I haven't failed until I quit.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Isn't there a difference between vegans and vegetarians?

https://www.naturespath.com/en-ca/blog/ ... ifference/

Just reading the 1st two paragraphs from that article, I take away that vegans are at the far end of the scale of vegetarians. Just like some religions, there are different levels of devotion. (for my analogy I will use Christians. Sorry Christians.)

There are many different levels and interpretations of Christianity. There are those that believe in god, and then there are those that.
Go to church every Sunday. (I will turn this into a progressive and added to the line above list to save me a bunch of typing)
give thanks every night before eating.
have some sort of Jesus symbol in their house
have multiple symbols.
only eat fish on Fridays
pray before going to bed
and on and on, you get the idea....

Same thing for vegetarians and vegans. It's about level of extreme that they choose to take their personal choice of diet to. Those that have reached the extremes of their beliefs, have got nothing else that they can do, except look for other sheep that they can bring into their flock. Of course, "sheep" are not a viable source of analogy to the extremest vegans.
After all of that, they don't have the right to make attempts at changing the views of others.If you can't adapt, stay out of the Synagogue.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I wonder if a tub of Chrisco Vegetable Shortning is acceptable for this fellow in a pinch?

…………...it worked for Steve Carrell when he was on The Daily Show with John Stewart many years ago...……...hilarious skit on him eating healthier...……."do you eat fried chicken?"...…."yes"...….."with skin or without?'...……."just skin".
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I also wonder if this belief also cost's charities 100s of 1,000s of $$$$$ every year? Yhis for example,
As a part of the tour, President's Choice is donating $1 to their President's Choice Children's Charity for every person who pledges to eat together more often, up to $250,000. On Saturday, the number of pledges was over 450,000.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... are-a-meal

I also wonder how they feel when a fast food joint fires up their grills and fryers every morning around 9:30 AM in preparation for the lunch crowd, and they are forced to smell the exhaust?
What next? Right to vegetarian, odor free, air?
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

alanjh595 wrote:I also wonder how they feel when a fast food joint fires up their grills and fryers every morning around 9:30 AM in preparation for the lunch crowd, and they are forced to smell the exhaust?
What next? Right to vegetarian, odor free, air?

In this world of "My lifestyle choices are more important than yours", it's coming.

Return to “Social Concerns”