When Does Life Start?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: When Does Life Start?

Post by Silverstarqueen »

flamingfingers wrote:One question to ask the anti-abortionists is:

Have you ever been pregnant with no means of support, in a situation where a pregnancy would affect you in a most profound was for the rest of your life?

If the answer they provide is "No." Then they have no credibility to attempt to force adherence to a law they produce.

They don't care about that. It's not their problem.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

They don't care about that. It's not their problem.

And so they have no care for the woman or the child she has produced to ensure a support structure after the child is born - so let them live in poverty and squalor - but they have 'saved' a collection of cells to grow up perpetuating the same?

How caring!!!! :-X
Chill
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

flamingfingers wrote:One question to ask the anti-abortionists is:

Have you ever been pregnant with no means of support, in a situation where a pregnancy would affect you in a most profound way for the rest of your life?

If the answer they provide is "No." Then they have no credibility to attempt to force adherence to a law they produce.

I accept that life begins at conception. The only question to ask is are you the person who IS pregnant. If the answer is no, you don't get a say.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

8f6b0794bf734be7955da0d02ef1cdf24240ab150cc698420fdea1636785ca4a.png
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Much has been made of the "complete" development of the fetal organs at some very early stage. Well not so much, there's a reason why even with all available technology, a fetus of less than 23-24 weeks has a very low chance of survival.
Then there's the new "fetal heart beat" laws, using the term "heart" loosely, because it isn't probably fully functional till 20 weeks at best. So can a human have a life without a beating heart capable of sustaining that life (or without lungs capable of exchanging air consistently, without muscles capable of moving the diaphragm to breathe)?

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main ... key=167987

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/six ... a35a2e6fb0
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Life to me starts when it's viable for the child. That means the mother nurses and the child survives.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Fancy wrote:Life to me starts when it's viable for the child. That means the mother nurses and the child survives.

Normally that's how life starts. Due to the wonders of modern science, it was over four months between my baby's birth and when he started to nurse. Hard to say just when his life started, maybe when he was breathing independently?
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Its her body and its her choice. If I don't stop Pro-lifer's there, the next assault will be "Life begins at the first pump" then their goes my daily afternoon routine.
GOLS

Post by GOLS »

Silverstarqueen wrote:I was raised Catholic, according to that stillborns cannot be baptised or go to heaven, and therefore they are not given the typical traditional burial. As far as otherwise religious arguments, nowhere in the bible does it equate causing a miscarriage as equivalent to murder (although some monetary compensation is supposed to be paid to the father). In a situation where a woman is suspected of infidelity, a priest is supposed to give her a concoction which will cause her to abort if she was unfaithful, or not if she was true to her vows. This would seem unlikely if abortion was equivalent to murder. Somewhere in the many pages of the bible it could state that causing an abortion was murder, but it doesn't.

More scientifically, sure, your hand is "live" tissue, but is not viable as a human, nor is a fetus for at least 21 or so weeks of gestation, and they do have to take a breath to be considered "alive" by medical staff, if you want to talk about viability. (at 22 weeks a very few survive in good shape). Your heart is live tissue, but a heart beating alone does not make a human, the whole system has to be viable to be considered a "human". When you ask someone how old they are, the vast majority count their years on earth, their age, from the day of their birth, not from their conception.

Pretty much every country (that I know of) counts their population by how many live people are actually breathing. They don't count all the barely conceived blobs and fetuses floating around in the womb, until they take a breath. IF a baby breathes and then dies shortly after birth, and you asked the parent "how long did your baby live?", the vast majority will count from the time the baby was born.

Because there are so many differences of opinion, no one can say they have the answer for someone else on this.

One thing the young lady interviewing said, that I don't think most people would agree with, that is,she mentioned abortions carried out after the baby is born (toward the end of the video). No, in our society that is still legally called murder or manslaughter, not abortion, because the baby WAS alive when killed and was a person once born. I have no idea why this notion is being entertained, but it's not helping the anti-abortionists cause.

Do we legally permit killing one person to save the life of another? No. So if the fetus was a person, there would be no saving the life of the mother by terminating the pregnancy. From the moment of conception it would be her death sentence. Now some women would rather choose death than terminate, but that is not a decision forced on woman.

D YOU KNOW WHAT GENOCIDE EVEN MEANS CHILD?

how is it the human mind cannot comprehend even an unborn child while still in the womb has just as much say as you do, the unborn child have just as much purpose as the adult who take sex as far as your useless religion takes killing of the son of god namely being ME, your pathetic disease that base life upon revenge over doing what i continue to do when i forgive the idiot that beat me senseless while it made them feel better about who they are it makes me feel worthless to who i am, my knowledge outweighs your useless religious belief some fruit cake batpoop *bleep* brain cloud god will save the pathetic greedy to leave out the hopeless needy. you can begin to explain to me while a child will call me the lord. i have heard it multiple times from children, they all do not fear me the way the adult fear me for the adult fear me because they all believe i'm taking away everything whereas it is the human adults taking away from the children they continue to bring into the world. stop praying jesus will save you. fact of the matter is, your bible states humanity murdered me some 2000+ years ago to think you're all going to be saved again by ending my dream of bringing the race that continues to show me abusive tendency over kind hearted words. ya, i find my star cruiser, i'll pay for your free ride home, but will not stand between the rage of our parents and the planets this race of species have destroyed. you all think just because the world is lesser of resources that the planet it self has no rights like the unborn child you all murder when sticking a poker up your *bleep*, truth be known, humans cannot handle the truth, fear takes over stupidity, stupidity loses its grip and putin threatens to destroy humans last home. note, i tried to save mommy earth from the war path of mankind, putin has yet to push the button, un gave up and trump is a bigger baby than i ever will be, well maybe. given the chance to relive the life of the days that were stolen from me, who knows, maybe the change is me to happen to me because the way i see it, society are trapped in a diaper of tires which grab the earth. ice is still ice and war will never bring salvation, might bring slavery back, who knows, that would suck.
oh and as for the gasoline, we do thank you for removing the sludge that prevents rotation and lessons the gravitational pull, we could develop the engine i have in mind, stop the magical fairy dust that keeps religion from seeing the truth in my signs, uncover your lies and hide the fear, worst case scenario would be, everyone will be required to wear a diaper, you know, to save the leather seat in my cadillac, daddies ride.

my mission is to stop stupid even if it makes the rich, richer and the poor as rich as the rich are. we cannot survive on poor mans wages to develop next gen technology so the useless and few benefit. we're all in this together, remember!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Dude. Not helping.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Pretty sad when a rant doesn't even make sense.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Normally that's how life starts. Due to the wonders of modern science, it was over four months between my baby's birth and when he started to nurse. Hard to say just when his life started, maybe when he was breathing independently?

There are always extenuating circumstances that will change an opinion. I remember a preemie that was so cared for (think the baby was a she) so that she survived a few months because of the doctors and was able to go home with her family. Yes, that life started at birth but I will say that nursing can be by bottle as well and obviously in few cases other means are necessary for the baby to receive nourishment.
Davidjayjordan
Board Meister

Post by Davidjayjordan »

Thebrewhouse wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YbcCGg5SaGc

A good question that will question the extent of your beliefs and moral compass.

So the question to you is..... “when does life start?”

That's rather easy.. Physical life starts when the sperm enters the egg, and the 2 DNA strands split and recombine making the two become one in a phi racheted DNA strand, that determines the development of the new body.

Spiritually, just a little harder to determine, but seeing spiritually can easily mean spirit or electricity.

I would definitely say it is when the electrical charge of the sperm piercing the egg outer membrane ( again when the 2 become one ) is when spiritual life or consciousness or the soul enters into the physical body of the egg/sperm.

The dance of life of the sperm circling the egg and then doing its divine dive into the outer cell membrane of the egg, and the resultant electrical shaking of the whole egg, is when life surely starts. The tail of the sperm being used for spinning and activating the egg, and done seven times is rather fascinating and beautiful and of course effective as life started with the two becoming literally one, or one going through the portal.

Just my biological spiritual opinion..... from BIOLOGY
Equality and Love is the Lords Basic, NOT self righteousness and pride.
Creation and Design is the Lords PLAN, NOT chaos and luck
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Davidjayjordan wrote:
That's rather easy.. Physical life starts when the sperm enters the egg, and the 2 DNA strands split and recombine making the two become one in a phi racheted DNA strand, that determines the development of the new body.

Spiritually, just a little harder to determine, but seeing spiritually can easily mean spirit or electricity.

I would definitely say it is when the electrical charge of the sperm piercing the egg outer membrane ( again when the 2 become one ) is when spiritual life or consciousness or the soul enters into the physical body of the egg/sperm.

The dance of life of the sperm circling the egg and then doing its divine dive into the outer cell membrane of the egg, and the resultant electrical shaking of the whole egg, is when life surely starts. The tail of the sperm being used for spinning and activating the egg, and done seven times is rather fascinating and beautiful and of course effective as life started with the two becoming literally one, or one going through the portal.

Just my biological spiritual opinion..... from BIOLOGY

BIOLOGY is way ahead of you, they can take skin cells now and produce embryonic stem cells, no sperm required, to make embryo and placenta.
Then when a zygote (which according to your plan is a life), just happens to split: Presto! Two lives, only required one sperm and egg. If that split happens not to work quite completely: then you could have one body, one head, two faces. Is that one life or two? How many birth certificates do you issue for that one body? How many funerals when that body dies?
https://phys.org/news/2019-05-sperm-egg ... cells.html

I had a serious question here, and you went in to a thing about robots. So we are not talking about robots.
We are talking about when does a (human) life begin?
You can have a zygote (let's say you are correct that it is a human life from conception), and it can become two zygotes quite naturally. So one life, becomes two, no "dancing sperm", or additional egg required. So was it two lives at conception, or was it one life, divided in half, so each zygote got part. Where did the extra life come from? One of those zygotes could also split again, Then you have three lives? without dancing sperm? without another egg? If one twin is reabsorbed (also not uncommon), where did the life go?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Identical_Strangers
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Jun 10th, 2019, 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Many of these sperm and egg joinings do not implant in the uterine wall and are simply flushed away during the woman's next menstrual period. Would some consider this an 'abortion'?
Chill

Return to “Social Concerns”