Prolific Offenders List

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Prolific Offenders List

Post by Brushy Bill »

In the spirit of banding together against crime, maybe we need an app to help each other identify trouble makers 'known to police' , the description used so often in media reports these days. Repeat criminals of property crimes keep harassing the public, its time to turn the tide and make life difficult for them.
Pictures, names and addresses, with updates to movements and locations.
Someone is sure to come on and say this would be an invasion of privacy but afaiac the bg's loose their right to privacy when they become a terror to a neighbour.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Prolific Offenders List

Post by the truth »

love the idea :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They publish pictures of the "Most Wanted" so what about the "Most Unwanted".

Seems fair to me.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

The once was talk of posting up 'Johns' in an attempt to curb pay-for-sex
and any molester gets out of jail and his name is all over the news
afaiac repeat offenders of property crimes are far more offensive to a community
People should know who the bad neighbours are
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

"Only seven of 17 prolific offenders are in custody, so we have seen a property crime increase," she said.

"Break and enters are almost twice the national average. Cocaine trafficking is four times the national average, and that's troubling. I'm constantly getting feedback from merchants that things are going to hell."

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/25 ... rive-stats
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Why worry about terrorism from foreign countries when we condone it on our own streets
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Can we put filters on them, like bunny ears and noses?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Brushy Bill wrote:Why worry about terrorism from foreign countries when we condone it on our own streets

It's not that the police are condoning it. The police are like doctors, they call "doing nothing" aswaiting. Sooner or later, and if they wait long enough, The problem will surface and then it can be excised, without having to go look for it.
Last edited by alanjh595 on Jun 21st, 2019, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

I'm not saying the police are condoning it, they only work within the laws which seem to be controlled by the courts.
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

AlienSoldier wrote:Can we put filters on them, like bunny ears and noses?
Maybe an L on the forehead
or orange coveralls and ankle bracelets
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#260976 this looks like the known rv that has been selling drugs all over kelowna the last few years
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-260976-101-.htm#260976 this looks like the known rv that has been selling drugs all over kelowna the last few years

Could anyone provide any reference or evidence to support that accusation? Please?
If it is "known", then there should be something of evidence to support the opinion of "known".
If it was "known", then why is there no mention of that known fact in the Castanet article?

There are so many unknowns here.
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the same looking rv used to hang around inn from the cold until it closed down, its not because your not up to speed that its not true
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

Read about a new crime fighting app on CBC recently:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/lightcatch-grande-prairie-darren-boyer-alberta-crime-1.5194139

Hopefully it catches on. I could see this being useful...of course there would have to be enough people in the neighbourhood using it.
Cdnlass

Post by Cdnlass »

Brushy Bill wrote:In the spirit of banding together against crime, maybe we need an app to help each other identify trouble makers 'known to police' , the description used so often in media reports these days. Repeat criminals of property crimes keep harassing the public, its time to turn the tide and make life difficult for them.
Pictures, names and addresses, with updates to movements and locations.
Someone is sure to come on and say this would be an invasion of privacy but afaiac the bg's loose their right to privacy when they become a terror to a neighbour.

I feel like this may help me with my tragic dating life...look them up first before I say I'll go out with them lol

Return to “Social Concerns”