Freedom?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Freedom?

Post by Ka-El »

Mike Br. wrote: I’m not reading books on genetics. Neither am I qualified, nor I have time for that. But you sounded so confident, so I was hoping, you would at least know if such gene has been isolated, or not. You don’t need to name it, just yes, or no.

Ponder this. They haven't yet isolated the gene for red hair. Genetic? Yes or no?

Been fun but gotta go :up:
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Mike Br. wrote:I’m not reading books on genetics. Neither am I qualified, nor I have time for that. But you sounded so confident, so I was hoping, you would at least know if such gene has been isolated, or not. You don’t need to name it, just yes, or no.

Here is an easy read for you:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/2155810-what-do-the-new-gay-genes-tell-us-about-sexual-orientation/amp/

It's not definitive yet but we are on our way to finding all the key elements. The links are definitely proof that it is related to genetics and not a lifestyle choice as some would have you believe.
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Mike Br. »

Ka-El wrote:Ponder this. They haven't yet isolated the gene for red hair. Genetic? Yes or no?

I’m pretty sure, they have. As I mentioned before, the entire genome has been mapped out.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Mike Br. wrote:I’m pretty sure, they have. As I mentioned before, the entire genome has been mapped out.

Its not, but please do share if you have it entirely mapped out!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Mike Br. wrote:
Ka-El wrote:Ponder this. They haven't yet isolated the gene for red hair. Genetic? Yes or no?

I’m pretty sure, they have. As I mentioned before, the entire genome has been mapped out.

*removed* Just because genome mapping has been successful and has had many advances, it does not mean we understand everything that is contained in the genetic information and the various triggers contained in such.

Perhaps instead of spouting off whatever pops into their minds, the various HP's on this thread should do some self motivated reading.

.....of something other than a bible.
Last edited by ferri on Jun 18th, 2019, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
You and 71 others Like this post
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

When I referred to ignorance in the previous post, it wasn’t meant as an attack. The concept of ignorance or being ignorant is something that some can’t help if they haven’t been exposed so something or merely have a response that is predicated by revulsion or repulsion.
When the HP's start talking about a pride parade in a drag show thread and talk about kids being sexualized and all sorts of horrible things going on, that is merely ignorance. If one was to google pedophile/pride parade/gay fetish, then I’m sure that you can find images that one could or would find repulsive if you were predisposed to a hatred of the gay community.
However, it is still being ignorant and isn’t a personal attack.
I’m not arguing against a moderators decision but, rather, explaining that ignorance isn’t necessarily a hostile negative term. It can just be a reality,
In another thread, I didn’t talk about TFW's in construction or restaurants because I am ignorant of those situations. When at least a couple of people jumped on me about why I wouldn’t talk on that aspect of TFWs compared to the agricultural sector, I simply admitted the truth of that ignorance. It didn’t make me less of a person or diminish my other arguments and someone being totally ignorant of the subject matter here is the same.
Hopefully some people will choose to educate themselves a bit rather than rely on ages old bible-based fears.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Seems there are lots of studies and interest but I did find this link:

https://www.genome.gov/genetics-glossary/Gene-Mapping
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Yeah, the human genome project has been a really big deal for a long time now. Significant progress but that only maps the sequence.....still have to know what everything means and how it works together.
Otherwise, we would kind of be in control of.......most things, including diseases.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It is caused by hormones or the lack of, during brain organization pre-birth.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Samstanford

Post by Samstanford »

See what I mean?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Samstanford wrote:See what I mean?

No, I don’t.
I think your initial post about not being able to discuss must have literally been your inability to discuss the topic.

Try harder! It’ll work. Really. We will help. :up:
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

You got a 14 page discussion. Seems like people are free to express their feelings and discuss? At least up to the point of the rules set by this private forum.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Omnitheo wrote:
You got a 14 page discussion. Seems like people are free to express their feelings and discuss? At least up to the point of the rules set by this private forum.

Without knowing what was deleted by the mods it's pretty hard to make an assessment.

So we have to believe that what the OP posted was against the rules. Whether he thinks so or not and he should have PM'd the mod to ask why and not started a thread to complain about it. Which is also against the rules.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Samstanford

Post by Samstanford »

Omnitheo wrote:

so long as your biases are against the conservative viewpoint they are allowed and fostered. Demand any accountability from progressives and they fall flat on their premises.

why is it 'hate' when I say I don't like someone, but it isn't 'hate' when someone espouses hatred for me for not liking that someone?

just because your lips are flapping doesn't mean you had a conversation. it just means YOUR lips are a flapping.

Return to “Social Concerns”