Handicap Parking at Mission Save On Foods

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
W105
Guru

Re: Handicap Parking at Mission Save On Foods

Post by W105 »

I know lots of busy parents who use online shopping..especially the ones who have little children...their only complaint sometimes is they don't get exactly what they ordered or some of the items are poor quality especially produce..otherwise it's a huge time saver to them..
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

W105 wrote:I know lots of busy parents who use online shopping..especially the ones who have little children...their only complaint sometimes is they don't get exactly what they ordered or some of the items are poor quality especially produce..otherwise it's a huge time saver to them..

"Busy" is just an excuse.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

OKkayak wrote:"Busy" is just an excuse.

More like poor planning.
Bring back the LIKE button.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

not when you have little kids..and taking little ones grocery shopping sometimes is not a very easy thing to do..just the other day I was grocery shopping and this gal had 4 small kids with her...one started screaming, one started grabbing stuff off the shelves and one was crying to go to the bathroom..the only kid that was happy was the one sitting in the cart eating a free cookie...lol
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

She was a babysitter and this was considered a field trip.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

W105 wrote:not when you have little kids..and taking little ones grocery shopping sometimes is not a very easy thing to do..just the other day I was grocery shopping and this gal had 4 small kids with her...one started screaming, one started grabbing stuff off the shelves and one was crying to go to the bathroom..the only kid that was happy was the one sitting in the cart eating a free cookie...lol

Oh no! Who ever said parenting was easy? [icon_lol2.gif]
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

yup, parenting isn't easy :) have you ever had the pleasure of shopping with a whack of little ones Okayak ?? if not you are missing out on one of life's greatest joys..lol
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

W105 wrote:yup, parenting isn't easy :) have you ever had the pleasure of shopping with a whack of little ones Okayak ?? if not you are missing out on one of life's greatest joys..lol

I have. And many, many years ago, my parents had the pleasure of shopping with me and my siblings. No excuses were ever made, grocery shopping was done. You misbehave, no chocolate bar at the check out line for you. But we can't give our kids chocolate today, all that sugar you know. Better to just dope them up with ritalin, plop them in the SUV and have the DVD running because kids are so hard to deal with [icon_lol2.gif]

Time management is yet another life skill that is being extinguished just like balancing a cheque book. At least the excuses are becoming more creative.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I don't know how we got through the 1950s. Back then if we ran out of milk, we had to wait until the cow came in got milked again.
I still remember our phone ring was 2 longs and a short.

I don't know how we got along without debit cards, the nearest grocery store was 4 miles away, and we only had 1 car that dad took to work. I don't know how we ever survived.

If all 4 of those kids were hers, she should have been in the contraception/planned parenthood isle. If all those kids were not hers, then it was her choice to be there.
The analogy just does not wash.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

W105 wrote:not when you have little kids..and taking little ones grocery shopping sometimes is not a very easy thing to do..just the other day I was grocery shopping and this gal had 4 small kids with her...one started screaming, one started grabbing stuff off the shelves and one was crying to go to the bathroom..the only kid that was happy was the one sitting in the cart eating a free cookie...lol

My mom as a single parent managed just fine with 2 of us, treated it like an adventure and tried to make it fun.

If a parent has more children than they can handle they need to learn another type of management.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

hahaha..so you think all parents are doping up their kids and sitting them in front of a dvd player and using online shopping as an excuse for being lazy ??

now talk about creative excuses :)

people's time management is different for everyone..lots of people have to work long hrs or work shift work or work more than one job...

parents are just human beings not super heroes...you sometimes do things to make life easier and there's nothing wrong with that :)

(gotta love this forum where everyone thinks they know what's best for everyone else..lol)
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

W105 wrote:hahaha..so you think all parents are doping up their kids and sitting them in front of a dvd player and using online shopping as an excuse for being lazy ??

It sure is.

W105 wrote:people's time management is different for everyone..lots of people have to work long hrs or work shift work or work more than one job...

My parents were those people who worked very long hours.
W105 wrote:parents are just human beings not super heroes...you sometimes do things to make life easier and there's nothing wrong with that :)

The thing is, they're trying to make it "easier" for themselves, so they can have more time for Netflix or whatever "downtime" they feel they need.
W105 wrote:(gotta love this forum where everyone thinks they know what's best for everyone else..lol)

It's not knowing what's best for anyone else, it's a deterioration of basic life skills in favour of selfish wants.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

OKkayak wrote:
W105 wrote:hahaha..so you think all parents are doping up their kids and sitting them in front of a dvd player and using online shopping as an excuse for being lazy ??

It sure is.

W105 wrote:people's time management is different for everyone..lots of people have to work long hrs or work shift work or work more than one job...

My parents were those people who worked very long hours.
W105 wrote:parents are just human beings not super heroes...you sometimes do things to make life easier and there's nothing wrong with that :)

The thing is, they're trying to make it "easier" for themselves, so they can have more time for Netflix or whatever "downtime" they feel they need.
W105 wrote:(gotta love this forum where everyone thinks they know what's best for everyone else..lol)

It's not knowing what's best for anyone else, it's a deterioration of basic life skills in favour of selfish wants.

agree 100% at one time when all 7 of us kids, were small kids my mother took all of us out at the same , it never was a problem, now you have one parent taking one ,two or three kids out at the same time and they want a hero badge, give me a break
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Boo Hoo Hoo to the "parents" of today...……….too busy, too many kids, no time to grocery shop in their "oh so precious lives".

I see the spoiled everyday at the stores in the "Mission" area...………park your Bentley at the back of the lot.

To have a little more time in your busy lives try...….

1. You do not need 2 hours of "prep" time to go to the store, unless of course you are looking for someone to pay your bills.
2. Less time at your daily coffee shop with your friends.
3. Cut out or shorten your pilates class or gym time.

Return to “Social Concerns”