Welcome to the Okanagan... enjoy a needle prick while here!

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Welcome to the Okanagan... enjoy a needle prick while he

Post by JayByrd »

It's funny, the ones I see around, don't ever seem to be doing very well.

Are the ones living pandered-to, comfortable lives, somewhere else? Are they in their cozy, funded-by-my-precious-tax-dollars homes, and that's why I don't see them?

It's interesting that you mentioned "keeping them alive with Naloxone" as perpetuating the problem. So you've arrived at the point where you want a decision made on who lives and who dies. Will you take on that responsibility?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Gilchy wrote:Meth gators... next is angry sea bass!

Shark-Nado the Sequel ... Meth Sharks!
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

whatwhat wrote:
Our child found a needle on the shoreline of a remote beach on Okanagan Lake this weekend.... no trails to the area - could only have floated there. We boated to the location... a nice, dirty needle, no protective cover on it either (not that this should matter...). Tourism BC should print THAT up on a poster.

So you found a needle in such an area that can really only be boated too. Do you think they are giving free boat rides to the "homeless junkies" who don't pay taxes?? Could it be, that an average, working, tax paying, joe-blow could be addicted to drugs too??

Like I am not saying it doesn't suck, and people need to clean up after themselves properly (and that goes towards all people leaving their sh*t around), but I am just trying to challenge the idea that only the homeless are drug addicts.

Agree... and that needle could just as easily be someone's insulin needle that fell off a boat ... How many things end up in the lake that get laid down on the sides of boats every day... phones, sunglasses, hats etc. Just because it's a needle doesn't mean it was used for illegal drugs... we'll never know for sure
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

AlienSoldier wrote:Where do you want them to go?

REHAB
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

Kelowna's transitioning into Vancouver Jr and with all the perks of growth ya'll can expect all the ups and downs that come with growth! :130:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

MCB wrote:Kelowna's transitioning into Vancouver Jr and with all the perks of growth ya'll can expect all the ups and downs that come with growth! :130:

Yes and we should continue to refuse to learn from mistakes.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Agree... and that needle could just as easily be someone's insulin needle that fell off a boat ... How many things end up in the lake that get laid down on the sides of boats every day... phones, sunglasses, hats etc. Just because it's a needle doesn't mean it was used for illegal drugs... we'll never know for sure[/quote]

I feel confident that insulin users are more careful with their syringes.

Return to “Social Concerns”