Greta Thunberg: teen activist the climate and eco crisis

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Re: Greta Thunberg: teen activist the climate and eco crisis

Post by Septuagenarian »

Rej, you seem to be obsessed with asking if I'm obsessed with Greta Thunberg. [icon_lol2.gif]

I totally agree with Jeff Gibbs.

But you may be more interested in this series by Cory Morningstar--another one of my 'obsessions.'

I was facinated.

"THE MANUFACTURING OF GRETA THUNBERG – FOR CONSENT: THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF THE NON-PROFIT INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX [ACT I]"

https://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/0 ... l-complex/
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Greta would like me to pass this on :biggrin:
Greta Thunberg

@GretaThunberg

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/statu ... 4543143939

"Three-quarters of people in the world’s wealthiest nations believe humanity is pushing the planet towards a dangerous tipping point and support a shift of priorities away from economic profit, according to a global survey."
Humans ‘pushing Earth close to tipping point’, say most in G20

Global survey finds 74% also want climate crises and protecting nature prioritised over jobs and profit
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-crisis
Here’s the report--complete with the survey methodology:

https://globalcommonsalliance.org/wp-co ... report.pdf

And an excerpt on Canada,
CANADA

66% of people in Canada recognise that Earth is close to tipping points.
52% are worried about the state of nature today.
21% feel that if we continue as we are, nature will be able to meet human needs in the future.
79% of people in Canada are willing to do more to protect nature and the climate.
67% believe the benefits of protecting nature outweigh the costs.
35% say affordability is the biggest barrier to action.
Just 13% of people in Canada are aware of the scale of the transformation required in the next decade to protect the global commons.
69% of people in Canada support a move towards a well-being economy that prioritises human wellbeing and sustainable use of natural resources, rather than a singular focus on economic growth.
52% feel the UN should be given more power to protect the global commons.
73% of people in Canada believe the COVID-19 pandemic is a unique moment to transform societies to become more resilient to shocks.
64% say the pandemic has made them more aware of how connected people are across the world.
35% of people in Canada feel the media report on issues related to the global commons in a way that helps them understand the issues
Rejigger
Übergod

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 18th, 2021, 3:53 pm But you may be more interested in this series by Cory Morningstar--another one of my 'obsessions.'
I was facinated.

"THE MANUFACTURING OF GRETA THUNBERG – FOR CONSENT: THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF THE NON-PROFIT INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX [ACT I]"

"[*Note: This series contains information and quotes that have been translated from Swedish to English via Google Translate.]"
Great, because google translate works so well? lol! What did it say when I used it last, 'packed our cars' and 'reproductive issues'?

Why isn't this in video form? I'm such a slow reader!
*glances around* "Can someone please read this to me while I drink wine and eat bon-bons? I can't pay you but I'll give you one sapling per hour for your troubles."

I don't get it, Sept. Do you think Greta is a spokesperson sacrificial lamb for the elite, or not? Trick question! We know she is. So why promote her?

No matter what type of spin is put on this issue, it's clear that over-population is the root cause of many of our planet's ills. The problem of overpopulation can be solved quite rapidly. As I've already posted somewhere on this board, the earth is trying to kill us ... pandemics, wildfires, drought, etc. Even mother nature knows we need to die off. Why don't all humans know this? *eyes narrow* ...Unless the fires are actually being started by Al Gore and the Koch brothers so that they can sell more 'green energy products'? I'd better give up the wine and bon-bons if I'm gonna hafta to dodge space lasers. *sigh*

Are you going to change your user name to 'Octogenarian' when you enter your next decade?

Stop having babies and plant more trees, people!
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Hi Rej,

Well if you don't like reading about manufacturing, how about watching construction?

Also, there is a poll and discussion here on what we should do about world population.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88882&hilit=Population
Rejigger
Übergod

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm Hi Rej,
Well if you don't like reading about manufacturing, how about watching construction?
[youtube]removed[/youtube]
Cory Morningstar is genuine. Greta, however, is a very bad actress (exaggeratedly scrunched-up face and forced emotion while delivering her speech at UN Climate Summit). Greta has been groomed for the role she is now playing, if not born into it.

What Cory Morningstar said about blockchain and the Chinese is both chilling and plausible. She also mentions a Trojan Horse in that interview, which I find interesting.

Again, I wonder why you appear to be promoting Greta. Is this an all roads lead to Rome scenario in which the disillusioned suddenly realize that all roads lead to elitist world domination? Are you luring-in Greta sympathizers only to educate them about how gaslighting works? Is Greta a spokesperson sacrificial lamb for the elite, as was suggested in one of those earlier links you provided?

Did you really meet Greta while charging your vehicles and, if so, was it planned-out in advance?

Do you get paid to post stuff on the internet? It's as if you're here but you're not here. Anyhow, good job. Carry on...
~
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

btw how is grumpy teenager doing... greta
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

GordonH wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 12:58 pm btw how is grumpy teenager doing... greta
I imagine she's :135:

The absolute latest so far today on YouTube
Vegan Corie

Greta thunberg should stop wearing wool.

She is a animal abuser.

if she really cared about animals she would not wear wool.

So Greta thunberg is a fake vegan.

it is disgusting that she wears wool.

don't call yourself a vegan and then wear wool.

It is not right it is sickening and it is wrong.

Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Senator Jaques Wagner invited Greta and she sure gave it to Brazil.

"Greta Thunberg: ‘Brazil didn’t start the climate crisis, but put fuel’"

https://www.ruetir.com/2021/09/11/greta ... -put-fuel/

And finally this has become available.

BTW, we might take heed here in Canada.
Mrmarvingardens
Board Meister

Post by Mrmarvingardens »

Greta Thunberg probably doesen't need my support,
But for the pile on crew posts, it might be of interest to know she is autistic.
Like Baron trump she exibits mannerisms that are sometimes unusual.
Facial expressions, and body movements as she expresses herself.
Rejigger
Übergod

Post by Rejigger »

Mrmarvingardens wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 8:32 pm Greta Thunberg probably doesen't need my support,
But for the pile on crew posts, it might be of interest to know she is autistic.
I suspect that people who know who she is also know that she's on the spectrum.
She's programmed.
She's bought and paid for.
She sprung up out of nowhere and relatively quickly had a huge global following.
How much money was spent on promoting her, I wonder.

~
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Rejigger wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 11:41 am
Mrmarvingardens wrote: Sep 13th, 2021, 8:32 pm Greta Thunberg probably doesen't need my support,
I suspect that people who know who she is also know that she's on the spectrum.
She's programmed.
She's bought and paid for.
She sprung up out of nowhere and relatively quickly had a huge global following.
How much money was spent on promoting her, I wonder.

~
Just to note that I covered all of Rejigger's criticisms not so long ago for Rejigger in my posts about, "The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg,"

As well as in the video on the author Cory Morningstar,

"Greta Thunberg seemed like she came out of the blue."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzCgKEjgCng
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 14th, 2021, 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

As well, Greta’s first language is Swedish.

But the film, “I am Greta,” is the best I’ve seen so far to illustrate what you are talking about.

This is a presentation by the filmmaker, Nathan Grossman.
I AM GRETA | Scene at The Academy

After watching, “I am Greta,” of course you will understand the effects of climate change and you will understand how important it is that we create a world where we can have climate justice, but there’s also this kind of sub tread of the film, which is about Greta’s diagnosis and about seeing the wold differently—to be able to see injustices in all different parts of society. And in that sense I think Greta is such an important person.

And I watched the entire film here on Crave:

https://www.crave.ca/en/tv-shows/i-am-greta

But it’s also for rent here on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5X-PkvPMys
Rejigger
Übergod

Post by Rejigger »

Septuagenarian wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 1:40 pm
Rejigger wrote: Sep 14th, 2021, 11:41 am
I suspect that people who know who she is also know that she's on the spectrum. She's programmed. She's bought and paid for. She sprung up out of nowhere and relatively quickly had a huge global following. How much money was spent on promoting her, I wonder.
Just to note that I covered all of Rejigger's criticisms not so long ago for Rejigger in my posts about, "The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg,"

As well as in the video on the author Cory Morningstar,

"Greta Thunberg seemed like she came out of the blue."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzCgKEjgCng
I had watched that Cory Morningstar video when you fist posted it. Although I don't have time to view it again right now, I recall coming away from it absolutely convinced that Greta is bought and paid for.
~
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

And that's why I posted it for you.

So considering that the answer to your question above about how much was apparently spent on promoting Greta is in the other link that I posted for you . . ..
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Rejigger wrote: Aug 22nd, 2021, 12:48 pm
Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 21st, 2021, 2:34 pm Hi Rej,
[youtube]removed[/youtube]
Cory Morningstar is genuine. Greta, however, is a very bad actress (exaggeratedly scrunched-up face and forced emotion while delivering her speech at UN Climate Summit). Greta has been groomed for the role she is now playing, if not born into it.

What Cory Morningstar said about blockchain and the Chinese is both chilling and plausible. She also mentions a Trojan Horse in that interview, which I find interesting.

Again, I wonder why you appear to be promoting Greta. Is this an all roads lead to Rome scenario in which the disillusioned suddenly realize that all roads lead to elitist world domination? Are you luring-in Greta sympathizers only to educate them about how gaslighting works? Is Greta a spokesperson sacrificial lamb for the elite, as was suggested in one of those earlier links you provided?

Did you really meet Greta while charging your vehicles and, if so, was it planned-out in advance?

Do you get paid to post stuff on the internet? It's as if you're here but you're not here. Anyhow, good job. Carry on...
~
Sorry, I missed this.

1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. Yes.
5. No.
6. No.

Okay, thanks . . ..

And your welcome.

Return to “Social Concerns”