Go fund me

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
crookedmember
Banned

Re: If You Have Family Here, Why Ask?

Post by crookedmember »

She's been there for years, but hasn't bothered to learn Croatian? Sounds like a real go-getter.

Still, her local family knows Gofundme is a great place to extract money from suckers.

But I wonder who will carry her in Canada after those funds run out?
All posts 100% moderator approved!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Hmmm wrote:Another hard luck story where someone is asking for money from everyone. The story says she wants to come back to Kelowna to reunite with family and get the kids enrolled in school. I do understand that people fall on hard times and need help sometime, but her own story says reunite with family. Is she planning on staying with family when they arrive? I would hopefully assume she will begin working right away and work to pay her own way. https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-264316-1-.htm#264316. If the family is truly caring and are willing to help than they can scrape up enough money for three airline tickets back to Canada and help them out. I just did a quick search and for $3,000 CAD all three can fly to Kelowna from Croatia. Come on family step up and get them tickets and put them up for a couple months. Case closed.

her story just does not add up .........
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

This whole thing is just wrong IMO. Let your family book the under $3,000 tickets in total for all three and put you up I say. Work your butt off when you get here and pay them back and then move out and find your place. Skip gofundme and your sob story spread all over. For the record I was once homeless and I took a job bussing tables and ate food left on peoples plates. I am now retired young and travel a lot... I think people who work hard and get themselves out of crap have little sympathy for these gofundme types. PS I was only homeless a month. I slept on couches and found a cheap room to rent after I got a job.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Hmmm wrote:This whole thing is just wrong IMO. Let your family book the under $3,000 tickets in total for all three and put you up I say. Work your butt off when you get here and pay them back and then move out and find your place. Skip gofundme and your sob story spread all over. For the record I was once homeless and I took a job bussing tables and ate food left on peoples plates. I am now retired young and travel a lot... I think people who work hard and get themselves out of *bleep* have little sympathy for these gofundme types. PS I was only homeless a month. I slept on couches and found a cheap room to rent after I got a job.

Not sure why you're taking this story so personally? Nobody is forcing you to donate.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Was already being discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82919

And yeah, if it troubles you so much, don't donate. Geezus. :135:
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

OKkayak wrote:Was already being discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82919

And yeah, if it troubles you so much, don't donate. Geezus. :135:

Because I Want to discuss the moral breakdown handout society is why.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Hmmm wrote:Because I flipped want to comment about it. Now move along

Good for you.

Now I added my comment.

Got it?

Good :up:
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

:topic:
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

crookedmember wrote:She's been there for years, but hasn't bothered to learn Croatian? Sounds like a real go-getter.

Wow...wish that Canada can do the same that requires people to know how to speak English/French to get citizenship...

Anyways GOFUNDME is just too easy of a cop out. the Family knows to throw the hard luck story out there and say there is a go fund me available.

I still think I should do a gofundme....

Gofundme Symbonite

Why: Because...if a million people give me a dollar each. then I will be rich...

Please donate.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Symbonite wrote:
crookedmember wrote:She's been there for years, but hasn't bothered to learn Croatian? Sounds like a real go-getter.

Wow...wish that Canada can do the same that requires people to know how to speak English/French to get citizenship...

Anyways GOFUNDME is just too easy of a cop out. the Family knows to throw the hard luck story out there and say there is a go fund me available.

I still think I should do a gofundme....

Gofundme Symbonite

Why: Because...if a million people give me a dollar each. then I will be rich...

Please donate.

I picked up on that right away.
A number of countries have that in their citizenship requirements, as well as a knowledge of their country's history.
Badly needed in Canada.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Symbonite wrote:Wow...wish that Canada can do the same that requires people to know how to speak English/French to get citizenship...

What language level do I need when I apply for citizenship?

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54 on the date you sign your application, you must meet the Canadian Language Benchmarks Level 4 (CLB 4) or higher in speaking and listening.

This means to become a Canadian citizen you must show that you have an adequate knowledge of English or French by providing, with your citizenship application, proof that you can speak and listen in English or French at CLB/NCLC 4 level or higher.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre ... =569&top=5
All posts 100% moderator approved!
goatboy
Guru

Re: Go fund me

Post by goatboy »

My wife is stuck in Hawaii. I'm in no hurry to get her home but would like some help getting to Hawaii to keep her company while she sorts her stuff out. Any amount is appreciated and will also accept bottles of whisky and rib eye's.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

If she doesn't have the proper paperwork to stay there, can't she just turn herself and her family in.
Then get deported back to Canada at some taxpayers expense?
Problem solved.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

stuphoto wrote:If she doesn't have the proper paperwork to stay there, can't she just turn herself and her family in.
Then get deported back to Canada at some taxpayers expense?
Problem solved.

That’s even worse than a GFM. I don’t want a penny of my taxes paying for her free flight. She went there 10 years ago and I bet she had zero intention of ever coming back to Canada...but something went bad and “good old Canada” will bail her out.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

What language level do I need when I apply for citizenship?

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54 on the date you sign your application, you must meet the Canadian Language Benchmarks Level 4 (CLB 4) or higher in speaking and listening.

This means to become a Canadian citizen you must show that you have an adequate knowledge of English or French by providing, with your citizenship application, proof that you can speak and listen in English or French at CLB/NCLC 4 level or higher.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre ... =569&top=5[/quote]

That is only for LEGAL immigrants.
Trudeau will give all ILLEGAL immigrants citizenship if he gets back in because they are/ were oppressed.

Return to “Social Concerns”