Take a stand on guns you say??

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Take a stand on guns you say??

Post by Fancy »

You're quoting yourself - makes it hard to understand who said what.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

Here we are again with the anti gun crowd thinking laws will change anything when it comes to gun violence. Well maybe we should make murder illegal, drugs illegal and drunk driving illegal so that it doesn't happen anymore. Yes that is stupid and so is your anti gun rhetoric. Oh and another thing for you super educated people who know so much about those military AR-15"s. The AR-15 platform was originally created as a civilian rifle but it was so successful that the military commissioned Armalite to create a military version of the rifle, but it looks scary too those of you scared of something you lack knowledge of. I and my family have owned firearms for the last 100 years and not one of those guns has hurt a single person, but my father did stop a couple of home intruders when we lived in Florida simply by pointing it at them and telling them to get lost. Those are the gun positives that never make the news and the police and FBI never get statistics on and it happens millions of times every year whether you believe it or not.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

tantor wrote:Here we are again with the anti gun crowd thinking laws will change anything when it comes to gun violence. Well maybe we should make murder illegal, drugs illegal and drunk driving illegal so that it doesn't happen anymore. Yes that is stupid and so is your anti gun rhetoric. Oh and another thing for you super educated people who know so much about those military AR-15"s. The AR-15 platform was originally created as a civilian rifle but it was so successful that the military commissioned Armalite to create a military version of the rifle, but it looks scary too those of you scared of something you lack knowledge of. I and my family have owned firearms for the last 100 years and not one of those guns has hurt a single person, but my father did stop a couple of home intruders when we lived in Florida simply by pointing it at them and telling them to get lost. Those are the gun positives that never make the news and the police and FBI never get statistics on and it happens millions of times every year whether you believe it or not.

Gun positives? Seriously?
Sparki55
Guru

Re: Right to Bear Arms

Post by Sparki55 »

Even Steven wrote:I'll love to see anybody going down Water St. with AR-15 and then explaining to the officers from inside the squad cars their rights. I know a little about the gun laws in Canada, and I'll tell you right now this won't fly in a city. You will get busted despite it being somewhat legal. And it should stay that way. Also, try the same thing with a handgun.

Lol, happens all the time in the lower mainland near gun ranges. People swing their rifle over there shoulder, are parked 2 blocks away, walk to the range and bystanders call the police. Police show up, find the individual in the gun range, check their PAL and guns and say good day sorry to bother you.

Handguns are different, they are a restricted firearm and you cannot walk around with them. Handguns must be carried in a locked case. That case can only be opened in a gun range or in your home to transfer the firearm to a safe. You don't know what you are talking about. You have some weird hate-on for people who like Call of Duty style games and eat too many cheeseburgers. Yet, even though you lack knowledge on the subject you seem to think you know all of what gun owners stand for.

So no, you won't get "busted". I've had a few run-ins myself over the years. Gun in the truck on the way back from hunting, to the gunsmith, etc; pulled over for some reason not related to firearms and I have to disclose the firearm to the officer. No issues at all.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

So no, you won't get "busted". I've had a few run-ins myself over the years. Gun in the truck on the way back from hunting, to the gunsmith, etc; pulled over for some reason not related to firearms and I have to disclose the firearm to the officer. No issues at all.

A great deal of that has to do with with attitude and demeanor when dealing with police. If you treat them with respect, they will reciprocate.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

If one is not a total skid u could quite easily carry a .380 or 9mm. The little 3 inch barrel Montana specials fit well enuff into a pocket. Whens the last time you had a cop search u ? Do not let the law tell u that u can not defend yourself. I would suspect many people already do this
tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

southy wrote:
tantor wrote:Here we are again with the anti gun crowd thinking laws will change anything when it comes to gun violence. Well maybe we should make murder illegal, drugs illegal and drunk driving illegal so that it doesn't happen anymore. Yes that is stupid and so is your anti gun rhetoric. Oh and another thing for you super educated people who know so much about those military AR-15"s. The AR-15 platform was originally created as a civilian rifle but it was so successful that the military commissioned Armalite to create a military version of the rifle, but it looks scary too those of you scared of something you lack knowledge of. I and my family have owned firearms for the last 100 years and not one of those guns has hurt a single person, but my father did stop a couple of home intruders when we lived in Florida simply by pointing it at them and telling them to get lost. Those are the gun positives that never make the news and the police and FBI never get statistics on and it happens millions of times every year whether you believe it or not.

Gun positives? Seriously?

Yes positives. Why don't you ask all the people that survived the most recent church shooting in the states whether or not they think it is a positive that a legal gun carrying citizen stopped the shooter with one shot before he slaughtered a bunch of people. Pretty sure they will all consider the fact that he was armed and able to respond a positive rather than waiting for the police to arrive to identify a bunch of bodies. Oh but I know it couldn't happen to you, you could never be victim of a violent crime. SMDH.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

1791 wrote:If one is not a total skid u could quite easily carry a .380 or 9mm. The little 3 inch barrel Montana specials fit well enuff into a pocket. Whens the last time you had a cop search u ? Do not let the law tell u that u can not defend yourself. I would suspect many people already do this

When the police make contact with someone, the first thing they do is run their name and check if they have a PAL or RPAL and what firearms they have legally in their possession.
If the police have any reason to contact someone, they are given that reason by the person and their behaviour.

If a person was to use a firearm (no matter the size or caliber) they would be charged with a much more serious crime than the attacker.

If someone feels compelled enough to have to carry a firearm for self protection, then they have not taken proper precautions and have put themselves into a situation that could have been prevented.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

That is in the USA, a completely different country. To take it to extremes, why not bring up gun crime in Iran too?
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

tantor wrote:
Yes positives. Why don't you ask all the people that survived the most recent church shooting in the states whether or not they think it is a positive that a legal gun carrying citizen stopped the shooter with one shot before he slaughtered a bunch of people. Pretty sure they will all consider the fact that he was armed and able to respond a positive rather than waiting for the police to arrive to identify a bunch of bodies. Oh but I know it couldn't happen to you, you could never be victim of a violent crime. SMDH.

Every one of those people would also say they would have rather not have had a firearms related incident at all, which can only be ensured by preventing criminals from getting guns.

Also, the AR15 was designed for the military and then modified to be distributed on the civilian market. The first 10 AR15 prototypes made were sent to the US military for testing. The AR15 platform is also directly based on the AR10 which was designed for the sole purpose of going through military trials to be adopted as the new service rifle. There is no difference in the M16 and AR15 except for a selector switch and furniture.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

Those who say that citizens with guns could not overthrow a tyrannical government are fools. First off a tyrannical government would need to get it's troops to fire on their fellow citizens and while a few would most would not. Secondly the Afghani's fought off the Russians for 10 years and the US for almost as many with old Kalashnikov's! That was with all the soldiers there who were fighting a foreign enemy! Guerilla warfare has proven through out history to be extremely effective, Vietnam, Korea and Afghanistan are all prime examples of the much lesser armed forces doing some major damage to a much larger force. It really doesn't matter what the anti gun crowd wants anyway, there are over a billion guns on the planet they are never going to go away. All your grumbling and moaning might accomplish is that only criminals will be armed, how you believe that that is a good thing is beyond me. 95% of the time the police will not be able to do a damn thing when you are on the receiving end of violent crime, so best of luck to you. You are all obviously so pious and so smart that it can't and won't happen to you.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

tantor wrote:Those who say that citizens with guns could not overthrow a tyrannical government are fools. First off a tyrannical government would need to get it's troops to fire on their fellow citizens and while a few would most would not. Secondly the Afghani's fought off the Russians for 10 years and the US for almost as many with old Kalashnikov's! That was with all the soldiers there who were fighting a foreign enemy! Guerilla warfare has proven through out history to be extremely effective, Vietnam, Korea and Afghanistan are all prime examples of the much lesser armed forces doing some major damage to a much larger force. It really doesn't matter what the anti gun crowd wants anyway, there are over a billion guns on the planet they are never going to go away. All your grumbling and moaning might accomplish is that only criminals will be armed, how you believe that that is a good thing is beyond me. 95% of the time the police will not be able to do a damn thing when you are on the receiving end of violent crime, so best of luck to you. You are all obviously so pious and so smart that it can't and won't happen to you.

Your telling me a kid from Afghanistan who has nothing to lose, and lived a life of hardship is the same as someone who's played Call of Duty in Canada? If a government wanted to, they could just use drones and the threat of cutting the internet in industrial nations to get people to move to their whims.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

AlienSoldier wrote:Your telling me a kid from Afghanistan who has nothing to lose, and lived a life of hardship is the same as someone who's played Call of Duty in Canada? If a government wanted to, they could just use drones and the threat of cutting the internet in industrial nations to get people to move to their whims.

You're telling me that Canada has enough drones to wipe out all of its citizens? It's also about control, not mass murder, so I don't get what you are saying. To me the threat of drones makes zero sense, they can't really do anything except bomb and gun from the air. If this was true, why does the US need troops on the ground anywhere?

Next, if we were being forced into a dictatorship or tyrannical government, think people will really care about the internet? Lol.

Look at Hong Kong. Bet they wish they had 10x the firepower.

Return to “Social Concerns”