Tradwife

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Zoso
Übergod

Re: Tradwife

Post by Zoso »

So many 30+ boys today ,lots of goofs .Women have wished to get out of the house , i cant blame them .Seems like there are a lot of half men out there ,not enough weight in their shoulders. More homeless , kids are a.d.d.
Something isnt the way it used to be.
Its not spoiling men , its putting higher expectation on them to provide.
Strong and free
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

TylerM4 wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:
I looked after her for the last 17 years and have watched her go backwards to where she became someone that is equivalent of a 3 year old. Now that she has severe dementia and needs more professional care than I can offer, I think about her daily and how great she was as a mom.

Mom's truly are the best!

Along the theme of what's quoted above - If you're into Rock, a band called "Nothing More" has a beautiful song (IMO) on this very topic called "Fade in Fade out". However, it's from a son/father perspective. I'll admit, it's hard for me to listen closely to the song - I start thinking about my boys and my dad and next thing I know there's something in my eye.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBC3Tl0dg4M

I watched it too. Whatever you got in your eye, has caused mine to leak.
Thank you for that.

It takes a male to become a father, it takes a real man to be a dad.

I was lucky, I had a dad.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"My life as a stay at home mom & reviewing the "tradlife" subculture. Value the diversity of life choices "
~ Lindsay Shepherd

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

My wife stayed at home with our 4 kids until the youngest was 12 and then she went back to school to become an RN.
She pulled in some really great money and we switched places once the kid were gone and I was able to work on many home projects that we both wanted.
She got to see what she was missing and I got to see what I was missing and we now both stay home. She has a good pension and my old age pension and Canada pension help pay the bills but I am able to do projects so that we don't have to hire people.
It is nice if a couple can work out an arrangement that keeps them both happy. In the video it appears that the husband makes enough that they can pull it off. Not everyone can do that. She does say that she worked before marriage so she does know what she is missing.
Waste not
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

My biggest regret being a tradhusband was being off at work for nine or ten hours a day, five days a week, sometimes away on business for the week.
I missed out on a heck of a lot of my kids growing up. Many times I came home from being away for several days and could see changes in the kids when they were small.
Yes, my tradwife had her hands full most days with the kids, but I had my hands full, with asshats at work. Consequently she has a much closer rapport with the kids.

I would give anything to have had the time she did with our kids.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bring back the LIKE button.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Remember what “rule of thumb” means. Is that where we want to be at?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Anonymous123 wrote:Remember what “rule of thumb” means. Is that where we want to be at?

I'd say that " I doubt it " ..

Wifes at work for a 16 today , I just got home from workin extra just to keep up with what it takes to be a family in the world today ..

The "brats" see it .. They pull their weight and help out . They know a different tradition than what us olden day folks were taught ..

Progress I suppose .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Anonymous123 wrote:Remember what “rule of thumb” means. Is that where we want to be at?

You are perpetuating an "old wives tale."
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I didn't know the original meaning of " rule of thumb" so I looked it up
Learn something new daily
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

normaM wrote:I didn't know the original meaning of " rule of thumb" so I looked it up
Learn something new daily

I just had a closer look at my thumbs. I'm going to have to find a bigger stick.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The origin of the phrase remains unknown. It is likely that it refers to one of the numerous ways that thumbs have been used to estimate things - judging the alignment or distance of an object by holding the thumb in one's eye-line, the temperature of brews of beer, measurement of an inch from the joint to the nail to the tip, or across the thumb, etc. The phrase joins the whole nine yards as one that probably derives from some form of measurement but which is unlikely ever to be definitively pinned down. The Germans have a similar phrase to indicate a rough approximation - 'pi mal daumen' which translates as 'pi [3.14…] times thumb'.

The earliest such 'measurement' use that I can find referred to in print is in a journal of amusing tales with the comprehensive title of Witt's Recreations - Augmented with Ingenious Conceites for the Wittie and Merrie Medicines for the Melancholic. It was published in 1640 and contains this rhyme:

If Hercules tall stature might be guess'd
    But by his thumb, the index of the rest,
    In due proportion, the best rule that I
    Would chuse, to measure Venus beauty by,
    Should be her leg and foot:

The 'rule of leg' never caught on.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/rule-of-thumb.html
- Douglas Murray
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

Two things:

The birth control pill and technology is most of what liberated women. Medical tech and conveniences.

2nd the "rule of thumb" is not about that at all, that is a lie that has been circulating a long time. It is a school kid rumour. The real rule of thumb is about measurements. Take more than two seconds on Google and you can find the falsehood of the stick idea.
Westbank1978

Post by Westbank1978 »

Trad women are happy women.
It's genetically ingrained for both genders to act differently, completely opposite from each-other for the most part - in fact.
The modern era with the Marxist belief systems in full force, are trying to break duality, to break the logic of how this world operates. Is impossible.

You can't take the woman out of the woman, you can't take the man out of the man. No amount of propaganda, brainwashing, hormone therapy or genital mutilation can change that.

Better to just embrace the truth of who you are, and that you cannot change it.
cdawson
Fledgling

Post by cdawson »

I can appreciate the bit most seem to be missing - we now have the choice. Stay at home, work, do both. It's entirely up to what fits personal wants in life
Last edited by cdawson on Feb 23rd, 2020, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Social Concerns”