Our Justice system at work again or not

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Re: Our Justice system at work again or not

Post by alanjh595 »

oldtrucker wrote:This is so ridiculous it has to be intentionally done. Everyone knows none of it makes any sense...including lawmakers. It makes people furious they can't do anything to protect their property... Divide and conquer.

Divide who from what?

Conquer what?

The rules of Canada might make some furious, but what can the average citizen do about it?
Bring back the LIKE button.
youjustcomplain
Übergod

Post by youjustcomplain »

*remove*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 31st, 2020, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

"This is so ridiculous it has to be intentionally done. Everyone knows none of it makes any sense...including lawmakers. It makes people furious they can't do anything to protect their property"
Of course you can defend yourself and your property. If you use deadly force you will be charged with a crime.. major stressful time but if you were in fear of your life then the self defense plea will stick.
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
tantor
Fledgling

Post by tantor »

alanjh595 wrote:Unfortunately, the system favours the criminal more than the property owner.

Calling 911 before getting into a confrontation, is based upon fear of what MIGHT happen. Unless you are in fear for your life or there is a crime being "in progress", then it is low on the priority list. A simple trespass complaint would best be handled by calling 250-762-3300 (non-emergency line) and selecting option #2 (Kelowna police). With this call, you will be placed in a queue according to severity.

If you were to call after seeing the knife or even that you were threatened, then that is the time to call 911. Police will be dispatched immediately, but 1 car will wait closely by until a 2nd is on the way, as back-up. Also, up until the police attend, make and arrest, the offending person is considered a "suspect". So....unless there are multiple witnesses including a police officer and preferably with a second police officer as a professional impartial witness.

To take the law into your own hands (in Canada) can and will open yourself up to criminal and civil suit in the future. I know, it is sad, but that is the law where we live. I don't agree with it, but I can see why we have these laws. People sometimes get carried away with their version of justice and call it "self protection".

We wouldn't except them taking away our ability to drive because some people get carried away with their version of driving. We should not accept anyone taking away our ability to protect ourselves or our family either. Yes some people will go to far in self defense and some people will also speed and drive like idiots or drink and drive. We should not lose such an important right because their are a few stupid people on the planet. More often than not those are the people we need to defend ourselves against. The main point of all of this is that if the courts started handing down some serious sentences and quit continuously letting the same people in and out of jail multiple times this may slow down greatly. The prisons are a joke. Every inmate should have to wake up at 6am eat and go to work for 8 hours a day to earn their canteen money. Maybe after spending a couple of years behind bars working for peanuts they will learn to appreciate what it is to have to work hard for your money. Perhaps then they get it, because as it is they come out and just get right back up to their old tricks again and again and again and again so obviously the system is extremely broken. The crooks used to fear prison, now the view it as an old friend that they visit from time to time and never have to stay to long at that.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

The FEAR of prison is only for those that have had no experience in one.
They adapt and settle in, repeat offenders are treated like relatives that you haven't seen for a long time.

About the only time a homeowner (in Canada) can use deadly force, is if he and his family are hunkered down in a closet, and when the intruder opens the door and a gun or knife are clearly visible, is it appropriate to use deadly force.

Even if the intruder is robbing you and you can see him doing it through the crack in the the closet door, you still can not shoot him until he opens the closet door and you see a weapon, that you can pull the trigger on your 12ga shot gun.

YES, I know it's a very sad state of affairs when the criminal has more rights to your property than you do, in your own home.
lesliepaul
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by lesliepaul »

Canada is lacking prisons and the Federal government is not interested in establishing any more. Their laws consist of "touchy/feely" answers only thinking that they the criminals can ALL be led onto the right track in life if we coddle them with short sentences and make up rights for them against their victims. Its too bad the same reasoning cannot happen in this country for people that cheated (or maybe not) the CRA out of money...……..heaven forbid the government gets short changed.

I know what I would do to protect my family and home...……….if I wasn't killed by the P.O.S. already and the adrenaline kicks in, its anybody's guess of the severity of their beating applied...…….the last thing crossing my mind is the rights of the thief in this joke of a Canadian court system.
Fraudfinders

Post by Fraudfinders »

Most people are not aware that the Justice System is private. Canada Joined UNIDROIT in 1968 which is private international law run by the pope and overseen by a bishop in Italy.

Department of Justice Canada /Constitutional, Administrative and International Law Section /
284 Wellington Street / OTTAWA, Ontario, Canada K1A 0H8 - Kathryn Sabo, General Counsel /Tel.: +1 613 957 4945
[email protected].

The RCMP are also private paramilitary agencies run by the UN - see reference in the interpretation pages of the Canadian Criminal Code for Secretary General. The UN is also owned by the Vatican based on canon law.

In 2013-2015 there were a series of papal declarations that removed the protections and privileges afforded to them previously for violations of law or their own acts and statutes. The Justice Department is run primarily by Admiralty Law of the sea which is roman civil law based on SIN/sins, privateering, piracy and usufruct - to strip you of the fruits of your labour....a couple of lawyers disclosed to a friend that they run a labour farming operation in the courts.

So if they are found to have committed a breach of law or violated your rights in some way, they are stripped of their bonds and assets, so of course they don't want to commit any errors. And unless you establish yourself separately from the franchise of the government, and citizen-ship - which in caselaw is their property, you are using their property illegally (corporate statutes for the defacto corporation running Canada).

There is a shift on the planet to separate from the franchise government entities to self-governance.... many are putting together their own courts, their own registries, etc... and this is what the indigenous are attempting to do, with little success. the corporate thugs of Canada still refuse to recognize their sovereignty and as you may have recently read in the news, just after Canada penned an agreement with the indigenous to give them their lands back, they issued a shoot to kill order at the pipeline protests.... makes you go huh eh!
Westbank1978

Post by Westbank1978 »

The government has disarmed their populous, and law abiding citizens cannot properly defend themselves, and are at the whims of petty thugs..... Law enforcement largely apathetic and only selectively enforce the law...... Does this sound like this system is working?... No, it's not working.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

alanjh595 wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:This is so ridiculous it has to be intentionally done. Everyone knows none of it makes any sense...including lawmakers. It makes people furious they can't do anything to protect their property... Divide and conquer.

Divide who from what?

Conquer what?

The rules of Canada might make some furious, but what can the average citizen do about it?

I guess we could go out and block a railway.
Black Dogs Matter
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

alanjh595 wrote:Divide who from what?
Conquer what?

dogspoiler wrote:I guess we could go out and block a railway.
:biggrin:

Blocking railroads, highways, airports, or other methods of transportation, accomplishes what? The only thing it gets is attention to their cause. They are doing this for the press attention. I am sure that they would be happy to be arrested and clog up the court system with more protests, that will also obtain further press attention.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

bumped up

WTH placing a convicted murderer into a minimum security prison.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/314978 ... ion-prison
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Justice system has failed another victim, this time Baby Jessica.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/316723 ... -years-ago
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Social Concerns”