Summerland Care home

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Summerland Care home

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#277829

How many times can IH step in to tell the Chinese Government to stop treating Canadian elderly like :cuss: ?

But wait: "The care home has been under an incredible amount of scrutiny since its ownership was taken over by the Chinese government.

The Summerland Seniors Village is one of 21 B.C. facilities owned by Retirement Concepts, a company purchased by China’s Anbang Insurance for $1B in 2017.

In February 2018, the Chinese government seized control of the company and jailed its CEO for fraud."

21 Facilities in BC are owned and operated by the Chinese government? OHHH I see.

I highly doubt the CEO was committing fraud, just some trumped up charge to remove assets from a private company to gain for the Chinese Communist Party.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Summerland Care home

Post by the truth »

indeed..............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Summerland Care home

Post by youjustcomplain »

Queen K wrote: highly doubt the CEO was committing fraud, just some trumped up charge to remove assets from a private company to gain for the Chinese Communist Party.

Doesn't matter if it was true or not. It doesn't change the current ownership of the company.
I'm not really clear how a foreign company is allowed to own any level of health care in Canada.

Return to “Social Concerns”