Why do so many whites TODAY seem to hate black people

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
mexi cali
Guru

Why do so many whites TODAY seem to hate black people

Post by mexi cali »

Just got caught up in the YouTube trap and found myself watching BBQ Betty and Pool Patrol Paul videos, all of which are embarrassing too me as a human being.

Can anybody explain too me, in an intelligent, easy to understand so I can keep up way, what exactly is the problem here?

Why don't these :cuss: s just admit that they are afraid of black people and why so we can all heave a collective Ohhhhhhh…. that makes sense.

And when called out, why can't they just admit to being satchels of Richards? Gawd dang they're poor excuses for human beings.

ETA; I really want to utilize a lot of profanity right now but Ferri, and especially Cat get ticked. You're welcome.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Why do so many whites TODAY seem to hate black people

Post by OKkayak »

mexi cali wrote:Can anybody explain too me, in an intelligent, easy to understand so I can keep up way, what exactly is the problem here?

Yup, I can.

You see, people like BBQ Becky and Pool Patrol Paul were dropped one too many times on their heads as babies. And all that crack their parents did during their pregnancy probably didn't help much either.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I honestly don't understand anyone hating another person because of the color of their skin. It's always been a mystery to me. I judge people by their character (and how much they cuss on the forum :biggrin: ).
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

ferri wrote:I honestly don't understand anyone hating another person because of the color of their skin. It's always been a mystery to me. I judge people by their character (and how much they cuss on the forum :biggrin: ).

Well, I'm just *bleep* then [icon_lol2.gif]
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I own the curse sash and crown :/
no matter how I try to beat the auto check
Mystery to me as well, I think because they prolly hate themselves so hating someone else takes that pressure off
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

I do not believe they do I do believe that the media and special interest groups along with Hollywood like to play the race card because people want to have someone to hate and who better than a racist. I believe racism is something that is learned likely at home when kids a small.
good-cause-girl
Fledgling

Post by good-cause-girl »

I don't hate black people, I'm terrified of them.
I was raised when the only black people were Bill Cosby and later on Oprah.
I had known them only on TV, they weren't real. My first encounter in person was of a black man over dosing on Heroin by the grocery store when I was 5. Next was black violence on TV. Then black people going all nuts in church on TV. Then black youth rioting on TV. The Jeffersons made me know blacks hated whites, TV again. Lets not even bring in All in The Family.

I was raised with all blue eyes in the family and mainly blonde hair so when I got face to face with a black man I almost peed myself with fear. He was huge and really dark. His voice boomed and he liked to tickle the little white girl. My Dad called him 'the token *bleep*''. He was used as a prop as in ' shut up we got one so we're not bad humans' but behind his back my parents tore him apart (I watched and learned). His eyes were yellow and his skin jet black and he was scary to a small kid. He had no wife or kids so he was uncomfortable around kids and an all white group but put up with the jabs. This was in the 70s and well beyond. Not one adult in my life made him out to be an actual Human Being with feelings and thoughts. He was a prop like I said, a token. Nobody called him for parties.

I grew up with extreme prejudice against all non whites. They were made into villains. Bill and Oprah were safe but no others and they were safe because they weren't real but on TV so made up fake people.
To this day I fluster around black people. I work with the public and am in contact with all colours but black people are solid in my 'worst nightmare' category.

MORAL: Watch what you say in front of your kids, they really do hear your words.

I'm trying and thought I was doing better until my niece moved to Africa to live with her black boyfriend. As unreasonable as it sounds I will never let her use my toilet. She slept with him, in Africa and all I see on her now is AIDS and filth and can't be near her now as illogical as it sounds. She is back in Canada now sleeping with a white guy and I wonder if he knows where she's been. She wanted to save the world and now she can't even give blood because even they know she could be infected with something bad. FOR EVER.

Just saying to you all that it is not the human inside the black skin it is the skin itself. *removed* I WAS RAISED to be this way in the same way as religion taints young minds into crazy adult behavior, something else I am intimately connected to.

I am trying but it is a very deep conditioning from parents who had never in their entire life ever been in a person to person with anyone who was other than white until they had a 'toy' one. It's not hate it's fear. An absolutely paralizing fear. My voice shakes, I get nauseated and I'll always say something stupid so I just stay clear. Plus I was told they are thieves.

I know this is ridiculous but it was the way it was. I won't even get into Gays or middle eastern people because it was made way worse than it was for the blacks. Thankfully (hopefully) mine is the last generation who was actively taught to be afraid, very afraid of the differences. The younger generation has been taught tolerance and acceptance, something you were not taught in the 60s. My Dad lost his mind when the RCMP allowed Turbans.

Once my Dad said to me that if 'we don't keep the races separate we will all be the color of mud'. I was 6 when I heard this and it stuck. Accepted mixed race coupling has made that happen. A murky mess of broken DNA strands and seriously broken people with many mental and physical disorders he said would happen and seems to have . This was his 'around the dinner table talk'. Thankfully my generation is almost finished and maybe we can at sometime soon become one, massive single color, like mud, and just get on with living.

How do you fix this? It is not hate. It is fear. I'm also terrified of missing some really stellar people by this but can't work it in. I see a black person and I'm across the street. Please people don't put this kind of crap into your children. Hate is the off shoot of fear and it needs to stop somewhere. They believe you. They will be you someday. Don't leave a legacy like my folks did. Teach them to at least listen and give something different a chance to become something. Every race has their 'bad seeds' and sadly it seems to fall flatly on the table of our parents and the environment in which we were raised.
Last edited by ferri on Mar 1st, 2020, 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround/unnecessary
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Boy the way Glenn Miller played. Songs that made the hit parade. Guys like us we had it made. Those were the days.

While it is encouraging, I guess, that you acknowledge the intolerance, Hate, Fear and IGNORANCE of your upbringing, it measn nothing if you can't get it beyond it yourself.

I am so sad that you were brought up that way but you are a free thinking adult who must know how bad it was.

If you're not willing to let the spider crawl on your hand, you will always fear the spider.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

mexi cali wrote:Just got caught up in the YouTube trap and found myself watching BBQ Betty and Pool Patrol Paul videos, all of which are embarrassing too me as a human being.

Can anybody explain too me, in an intelligent, easy to understand so I can keep up way, what exactly is the problem here?

Why don't these :cuss: s just admit that they are afraid of black people and why so we can all heave a collective Ohhhhhhh…. that makes sense.

And when called out, why can't they just admit to being satchels of Richards? Gawd dang they're poor excuses for human beings.

ETA; I really want to utilize a lot of profanity right now but Ferri, and especially Cat get ticked. You're welcome.

I think it boils down to the fact that some people do not feel they measure up to the expectations of society and one way to offset that is to pick on someone who you want to be inferior like yourself but the only measure you can point to is ethnic characteristics that are unlike your own. It is also easy to use the internet to spout your derogatory rhetoric without consequence.
The only difference between me, you and everyone else is the DNA of our parents which none of us has any control over.
It is just the luck of the draw that we end up in an advantaged or disadvantaged home, it's what we make of the hand we are dealt that sets us apart.
Waste not
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I don't hate black people. I don't hate Jews. I was brought up in a Vancouver suburb where we had nothing but European offspring in school. I was not an "in" kid but I do not remember any overt racism with my friends or around. One of my best friends in senior high school came out as gay, but even that was not a hot subject at the time. I dislike certain people, Koreans come to mind, but that is more cultural. I don't feel the same way about Japanese, e.g.

It was said by one of the posters here and it is (speaking humbly) self-evident, judge individuals, not races or colours or any such generalizations. Which applies to myself back to my thoughts of Koreans. Sure, we can generalize on characteristics. But the ultimate judgement should be of individuals.

That said, I don't think you're going to get the racists taking to this forum and explaining their hatreds

The woman in West Virginia during the U.S. 2016 election who famously (infamously) described Michelle Obama as "an ape in heels". I'm almost ashamed to repeat it even for discussional purposes. Ms. Obama is a beautiful, classy woman, and of some considerable intelligence and education herself. The U.S. is a deeply divided, very racist country. Canada less so but still guilty. It may not always be so, but if it isn't, it will be centuries after I'm gone.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

I am curious why you highlighted the word today, because I haven't noticed any sort of increase in hatred towards black people recently. It does seem to me, though, that antisemetism is increasing, at least online.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Why do so many whites TODAY seem to hate black people?

They don't, its that the media and some of society has just done an outstanding job of brainwashing everyone that white people are so evil. Most victimhood groups have spent most of their time creating this myth as they continue to just blame everything on who they can. In fact, most white people do not hate other groups any more than they hate white people. At least the "white people" do not spend their lives blaming another group of peoples,for absolutely everything.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

OldBlindDog wrote:I am curious why you highlighted the word today, because I haven't noticed any sort of increase in hatred towards black people recently. It does seem to me, though, that antisemetism is increasing, at least online.

It was meant to show case TODAY, as in still.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

liisgo wrote:Why do so many whites TODAY seem to hate black people?

They don't, its that the media and some of society has just done an outstanding job of brainwashing everyone that white people are so evil. Most victimhood groups have spent most of their time creating this myth as they continue to just blame everything on who they can. In fact, most white people do not hate other groups any more than they hate white people. At least the "white people" do not spend their lives blaming another group of peoples,for absolutely everything.

Sieg heil.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

mexi cali wrote:
OldBlindDog wrote:I am curious why you highlighted the word today, because I haven't noticed any sort of increase in hatred towards black people recently. It does seem to me, though, that antisemetism is increasing, at least online.

It was meant to show case TODAY, as in still.

Ah, OK, I gotcha.

I see that Castanet has coincidentally written an article today on the topic of hatred.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/278439/B-C-hate-motivated-crime-numbers-jumped-in-2018

I was a little surprised to see blacks being the ethnic group with the most hate crimes against them in Canada.

Return to “Social Concerns”