Facebook censorship criminal negligence lawsuit

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Facebook censorship criminal negligence lawsuit

Post by GordonH »

3 groups most effected by any virus:
1) young (immune system just starting up)
2) anyone with a compermised immune system (i.e asthma, diabetes, heart disease)
3) the elderly
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tincanjam

Post by tincanjam »

An article in the globe and mail recently discussed research into the negative health implications that resulted from the ccp censoring wechat over the course of the outbreak. I have taken screenshots of numerous people reporting the efforts facebook has made towards keeping people unaware, ignorant and complacent.  Reading the article and examining the behavior of facebook demonstrates significant parallels. 
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... ic-health/
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

tincanjam wrote:Can I post for the GoFundMe here. I'm going to make the lawsuit solely about blocking me with regards to providing information on the fatality rate. I have proof that Facebook is allowing people to post information that contradicta the WHO. If they are allowed to post information which contradicts The Who why am I not allowed to post information which is consistent with the WHO. I am not advocating censorship I am merely saying that if censorship is Justified I am not the one that should be censored. On a secondary note I am not an advocate for censorship but this needs to be a public discussion. If for example Facebook made a policy that anyone who posted information inconsistent with the who would be blocked then this should be a public discussion

Why would you expect others to pay for a lawsuit that is destined to fail?
Have you ever actually read the Facebook terms of service agreement?
You and 71 others Like this post
tincanjam

Post by tincanjam »

LANDM wrote:Why would you expect others to pay for a lawsuit that is destined to fail?

Why do you believe it is destined to fail. Zucherburg has publicly represented Facebook as an unbiased public platform. This proves that he was lying. Furthermore the platform is public and causing a risk to public health and safety.
Attachments
FACEBOOKBAN.jpg
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Facebook is public to make huge profits for it's private owner and shareholder. Even I admit FB is getting creepier and creepier. But until they shut me down, I will post covid19 stories.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

tincanjam wrote:
LANDM wrote:Why would you expect others to pay for a lawsuit that is destined to fail?

Why do you believe it is destined to fail. Zucherburg has publicly represented Facebook as an unbiased public platform. This proves that he was lying. Furthermore the platform is public and causing a risk to public health and safety.

Have you carefully read the terms of service that you agreed to?
tincanjam

Post by tincanjam »

If you were the mayor of Kelowna and changed the local laws in order to declare it is legal for you to hunt citizens at your leisure I could argue that this law is against the public interest and inconsistent with the laws of our country. It would not matter if your hunting involved using a rifle or merely hiding traps for people to fall in and starve.
Attachments
office-conflict_resolution-conflict-office-work_environment-working_environment-msen616_low.jpg
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

tincanjam wrote:Why do you believe it is destined to fail. Zucherburg has publicly represented Facebook as an unbiased public platform.

If you plan on suing him then at least get the spelling of his name correct (Zuckerberg) or it will get thrown out pretty fast.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

tincanjam wrote:If you were the mayor of Kelowna and changed the local laws in order to declare it is legal for you to hunt citizens at your leisure I could argue that this law is against the public interest and inconsistent with the laws of our country. It would not matter if your hunting involved using a rifle or merely hiding traps for people to fall in and starve.

Here in Kelowna, we are not only allowed to hunt others, but the prey are baited and lured here. The city recognizes and encourages us to take part in this practice.

It's called, "Tourist Season". The use of firearms is not allowed, but traps are legal, and there is no concern for these tourists if they fall into the trap and starve to death. A large portion of this town depends upon attracting and capturing this prey.

It's human nature, either eat or be eaten.

He wasn't "lying", your interpretation of the rules is wrong. If that website makes it a "free-for-all", then that would make it free for racial/religious hate groups too.

I support Facebook's moderation.
Bring back the LIKE button.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

tincanjam wrote:

If you were the mayor of Kelowna and changed the local laws in order to declare it is legal for you to hunt citizens at your leisure I could argue that this law is against the public interest and inconsistent with the laws of our country. It would not matter if your hunting involved using a rifle or merely hiding traps for people to fall in and starve.

Using hyperbole as your only argument is pretty useless.
We are not talking about enacting laws to hunt citizens. We are talking about a lawsuit against Facebook.

Back to my question. Have you read the terms of service agreements, for which agreement by all users is required before using Facebook?
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

simple solution stay off face book no one makes you use it and no one will care if you don't
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Boosted632 wrote:simple solution stay off face book no one makes you use it and no one will care if you don't

There might even be some who would prefer that.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

first off, this is only my opinion, not a personal attack on the OP...but Christ on a Cracker, this is as dumb as it gets..

a lawsuit because you are blocked from Facebook ????

like Boosted said, just stay off FB it's that simple...if you want to do your own thing online then just start a You Tube and have at her..

you are not forced to go on FB, nor does going on Facebook have one single effect on your life except you think "you" can't be heard...
tincanjam

Post by tincanjam »

W105 wrote:you are not forced to go on FB, nor does going on Facebook have one single effect on your life except you think "you" can't be heard...

I am following the same line of reasoning outlined in this globe and Mail article with the addition of pointing out that the actions correlate to a public responsibility

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... ic-health/
tincanjam

Post by tincanjam »

Many people on facebook do not watch the news and we need people to know information and recommendations such as these given by our public health minister. These involve public gatherings, travel and other issues https://www.facebook.com/NCovCoronaViru ... =2&theater

Return to “Social Concerns”