Canada Post Is Complete Garbage

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Canada Post Is Complete Garbage

Post by Richadio »

Bsuds wrote:I guess you would have been smarter to buy it on Amazon prime. It would be here in 2 days.

Amazon is still not confirming fulfillment dates for items even though they have recently removed their essential shipment banner top page. It is still taking up to a week even for prime deliveries. Just recently received a prime order which had 2 day delivery, ordered an item on a Sunday night, never arrived until Friday afternoon.

I also have a package originating from Ont. Item shipped CP May 26 from Mississauga and took 7 days to go 51km to Stoney Creek Ont. The item arrived in Richmond 2 days ago and still sitting there at time of this post. Parcel is being shipped to the interior which is normally overnight from Richmond.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Richadio wrote:
Bsuds wrote:I guess you would have been smarter to buy it on Amazon prime. It would be here in 2 days.

Amazon is still not confirming fulfillment dates for items even though they have recently removed their essential shipment banner top page. It is still taking up to a week even for prime deliveries. Just recently received a prime order which had 2 day delivery, ordered an item on a Sunday night, never arrived until Friday afternoon.

I also have a package originating from Ont. Item shipped CP May 26 from Mississauga and took 7 days to go 51km to Stoney Creek Ont. The item arrived in Richmond 2 days ago and still sitting there at time of this post. Parcel is being shipped to the interior which is normally overnight from Richmond.

Yes I Know, I was joking...

I have had items arrive in 2 days and some have taken a couple of weeks. Some non prime items are taking even longer.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Usually I find Canada Post pretty good, but lately they have really been slipping. Two recent examples:

#1. Ordered an item, tracking indicates it's been delivered. I go to the mailbox, find the key and open up an empty compartment. I call Customer Support. I suggested that maybe they simply gave me the wrong key. The next day, I find the key in my box, and again open up an empty compartment. I phone back, they initiate a trace. 5 days later, the package appears in the correct compartment. The next day, I get a call to say that they can't ind the package, and that I should initiate a claim.

#2. Order an item from Amazon on Tuesday. Package arrives in Kelowna on Wednesday, the next day. Package not processed in Kelowna until Friday at 3:00pm. Item out for delivery on Monday morning. Get notice at 6pm on Monday that delivery delayed until Tuesday. Still waiting. 5 business days to deliver a package from Vancouver that was in Kelowna the following day. Well done, morons.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Shipping by Canada Post should always be a last resort.
Most courier services charge more but are reliable and accountable, neither of which apply to Canada Post.
Shipping is like most other things in life "You get what you pay for" and in the case of Canada Post you pay the least so receiving the least service should come as no surprise.
kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by kelownman »

Bsuds wrote:
Yes I Know, I was joking...

I have had items arrive in 2 days and some have taken a couple of weeks. Some non prime items are taking even longer.

If you are a prime member just go online to amazon, go to their chat and get them to extend your prime membership by one month.

I have done this repeatedly during 2019 and the membership was supposed to be up last August but got extended to May 2020. I make it a point, to amazon, that they have a "guarantee" of delivery by a certain date. If they or their carriers fail to deliver by the guaranteed date, I complain to amazon and demand an extension to my prime. I get it every single time! All of the prime extension was because, you guessed it, deliveries from Canada Post!!

And yes Canada Post sucks! They repeatedly are late with deliveries. I had a package just this month that sat in Richmond for 6 days before it got to Kelowna. At another time it got to Kelowna, and SAT here for 3 days before it got delivered! For some reason, it always appears CP delivers late when the package comes across Canada to BC. When it goes from BC to say Ontario, it gets delivered on time. Go figure!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Have no problem shipping parcels using Canada Post. Shipments within BC usually get delivered in 3-4 days. Amazon orders may take 4-5 days.

No problem with parcels sent to Ontario ... 99% arrive in 5 days, and are sent regular parcel post to different addresses. And before you say depends on how many you ship, here's a rundown ... 2015 - 7, 2016 - 20, 2017 - 16, 2018 - 8, 2019 - 1, and 2020 -1 to date.

For heavier shipments, I have accounts with FedEx, Purolator and UPS - pickup at my door and billed later.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Update on parcels ... parcels mailed to Ontario on June 4th were delivered June 9th @ 4:24 pm. Parcel from Amazon shipped June 7th was delivered today @ 11:12 am.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Not true.
I ordered a new desk off Amazon (prime) and it was supposed to take 10-15 days. After 30, the order just disappeared from my order list. There was an email explaining that my order had been cancelled by the vendor.
I've reordered the same product from Home Depot on May 25... It still has not shipped.

I think Covid has just screwed up shipping.
Analtude

Post by Analtude »

We sent a small package to Pender Island on May 29th and tracking says, it's still in Richmond since the 31st of May. Tomorrow will be one day shy of two weeks. This definitely stinks. :-X
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dsldriver »

Keep in mind that Canada Post is the oldest system of delivering packages. They don't have new and updated ways of delivering stuff that some other companies do. Why? Well changing delivery systems costs a lot of money. and therefore it can only be done gradually. People are trained one way to do things, and then all of a sudden doing it another way means re-training, new equipment. It's far more expensive to rebuild something than to build it. But Canada Post is a government funded entity. They don't have the funding to become the UPS of the world. It was be enough when they regionalized things. But honestly I have found them faster with overnight service within BC.

When you're sending stuff to an island, I am sure parcels are not shipped every day. I believe they are in a warehouse to go out once a week to minimize costs. Everytime a truck goes on the ferry, it costs money.

To be clear, I do NOT work for Canada Post. But honestly I think some people expect way too much out of them. UPS is pretty badass at how quick they are. But four times the cost of Canada Post. Expresspost is their priority service. If it isn't quick enough for you use Purlolator (little known fact Canada Post's real express service) or another courier.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

youjustcomplain wrote:I think Covid has just screwed up shipping.

Thats a big part of it, online shopping saw a massive spike over the last couple of months and there are only so many trucks/people to ship and deliver products. I rarely order anything online, but I do browse, and every site I went on had a big notice warning customers of significant shipping delays.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Amazon was also giving priority to health related items so even if you were a prime member you would have to wait.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GAMEMASTER

Post by GAMEMASTER »

Update hey everyone got my iphone 8 plus 64gb gsm unlocked in the mail on tuesday and works great for a refurbished phone off ebay
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GAMEMASTER wrote:Update hey everyone got my iphone 8

Wow, you really had to wait a long time for that, we're on the iPhone 11 now :biggrin:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GAMEMASTER wrote:Update hey everyone got my iphone 8 plus 64gb gsm unlocked in the mail on tuesday and works great for a refurbished phone off ebay

Took a look on apple Canada site it appears the latest is the 2nd generation SE for $599. Hopefully that was hell of a deal on that 8.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Social Concerns”