Some Lives Don't Matter

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Some Lives Don't Matter

Post by Thinktank »

Have you ever noticed how some lives matter and other live's don't.
#1 - Extremely young lives don't matter
According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.

#2 - The lives of Vietnamese, Iraq, etc don't matter because our economy works well because of war.

#3 - Gaza lives don't matter. Donetsk lives don't matter. Yemen lives don't matter.

So what is it that makes one life matter and a another one doesn't?

anyone know?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
crankster
Banned

Re: Some Lives Don't Matter

Post by crankster »

Excellent post! Wish I had the answers. Why is it Israel is allowed to persecute at will? Cause of the holocaust? Cause they are Gods chosen? So many more persecuted peoples and the world is up in arms about slavery!!?? My god people need to shake their heads!!
The bombs and bullets still fly in the east! People are dying for a stupid cause or a strip of frigging desert or just plain racism. Jews hate palestinians etc. They have fought for millenia...slavery and hardship is rife! But that's ok. Its the N American white that is to blame for all the world's problems..
People Powered Government-say yes to an overthrow near you!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Since there's a list add this one:

#4 - seniors in nursing homes
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

At least we know hypocrisy is global and practised by most leaders. Hypocrisy is easy! Gives you a choice if you don't mind being labelled as such. I prefer real and truth. I ain't perfect by any means but I am racist. I dislike what some races are doing. In as much as they dislike my methods.
I dislike one race singling out another and lobbing bombs as much as I hate a race that willfully attacks me then gets paid off by government. I hate it when my own race attacks me and decimates industries that drive Canada, keep her warm and fed and make them rich. Yup, I am a racist. A product of the world at large. I choose to be! Better to be real and true then live in a world of hypocrisy, having to live your latest lies and bs to keep your butt safe. No thanks.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

#5 - racists

#6 - hypocrites
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Thinktank wrote:Have you ever noticed how some lives matter and other live's don't.
According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.

Well this first comment sure really get things off and running, maybe even to the Bickering Room.

40-50 million abortions a year. Wow! My first thought is how many were done legally and safely, and how many were done in back rooms where so often the woman, no she's not a mother, suffers serious medical complications.

And if all those 40-50 million fetuses, they are not "lives" no more than an appendix is, were to go full term, how many more people would there be?
About 15 billion more babies born every year. :200:

That would even get Greta to notice.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I'll grant Crankster one significant point, although I've done same elsewhere before. Racism is where you find it. And let's be careful here. Per other forums I've been involved in, there are three main and two very minor races on Earth. There are a lot of subsets we could call ethnicities, and another way of looking at things, languages;cultures. Racism and hatred isn't confined to Caucasians, Europeans, North Americans, or White Supremacists. I know from remote personal experience that Asians don't want their kids marrying White boys.

I remember a famous court case in the late 1960s, the Kamloops Indian Band was suing someone about something, the famous Communist Harry Rankin of Vancouver was their lawyer so there was rhetorical fire and brimstone. What came out to me was that most of the KIB leadership was White except in law due to the way status was granted (at the time at least). It soured me on a lot of things aboriginal for a long while.

Yep, racism, sexism, ageism, discrimination and on and on is not confined to North Americans or Whites.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Ref. the OP, I'll agree that abortion is horrible, but I'll stand with Pro-Choice every step of the way. OP said,

1- Extremely young lives don't matter

I've only ever heard one true slogan from "Pro-Life" and that is "Abortion stops a beating heart". Everything else I've heard is false on the facts and the law. I believe that abortion should be fought through education and moral suasion. Otherwise, I'm with the mother. Take law out of it.
crankster
Banned

Post by crankster »

Well chee, thanks, oh magnanimous one....
Racism is apparent all over should you choose to see it and not cover it up or deny it. Like certain PMs are doing. Or Presidents. Or regular people like you and me.
I don't like admitting Im a racist but, I like admitting I'm a hypocrite even less. It doesn't taste good at all. But then truth seldom does.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

bb49 wrote:
Thinktank wrote:Have you ever noticed how some lives matter and other live's don't.

Well this first comment sure really get things off and running, maybe even to the Bickering Room.

40-50 million abortions a year. Wow! My first thought is how many were done legally and safely, and how many were done in back rooms where so often the woman, no she's not a mother, suffers serious medical complications.

And if all those 40-50 million fetuses, they are not "lives" no more than an appendix is, were to go full term, how many more people would there be?
About 15 billion more babies born every year. :200:

That would even get Greta to notice.

Think of all the money Bill Gates is losing by not being able to supply sterilization vaccines. It's all a money circle.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

#2 - The lives of Vietnamese, Iraq, etc don't matter because our economy works well because of war.

#3 - Gaza lives don't matter. Donetsk lives don't matter. Yemen lives don't matter.
So what is it that makes one life matter and a another one doesn't?

anyone know?

Wow! Great question Thinktank. This should make for a very interesting thread.

I would have to discount your #1 example though. Until we’ve agreed to a definition of when life starts (oh wait, the Courts already have), we should exclude them from the discussion and ask why certain people who are already living lives matter.

Your #2 example is especially poignant though. The loss of life I all wars, particularly in the very long Vietnam War, is obscene. What was the value of all those soldiers and civilians lost in a war long meaningless to the US fighting an enemy that was never going to go away and was never going to give up. Ya, I grew up during that time.

Fancy wrote: #4 - seniors in nursing homes

#5 people struggling with drug addiction
#6 chronically marginalized people with no (societal) skills

I’m sure many of us could think of a few more examples. I think we need to ask that question. Why does it seem some people’s lives are more important than others? I got my ideas, but I want to see what other people think.
iSnack
Board Meister

Post by iSnack »

Ugandan cropped out of climate activists photo says she now understands racism

Ugandan climate activist Vanessa Nakate has called out racism in the media in a video she shared on Twitter, after she was cropped out of a photo featuring other prominent climate activists including . . . Loukina Tille, Luisa Neubauer and Isabelle Axelsson.

The group was pictured after giving a news conference in Davos on Friday. Nakate was cropped out of a published version by the Associated Press, a US news agency, who said under tight deadline, the photographer 'cropped it purely on composition grounds'

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Ka-El wrote:Wow! Great question Thinktank.

What was the value of all those soldiers and civilians lost in a war long meaningless to the US fighting an enemy...

:biggrin: Funny.

The warmongers are the enemy.

^ She's the enemy.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:Since there's a list add this one:

#4 - seniors in nursing homes

#5 white lives matter https://13wham.com/news/local/woman-att ... r-business
Last edited by the truth on Jun 11th, 2020, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Thinktank wrote: :biggrin: Funny.

The warmongers are the enemy.

Kinda the point I was making Thinktank - how obscene it is that all these young men and civilians old and young have to die for the games being played by people who do not care about those numbers. Seems those people's lives don't matter much.

Return to “Social Concerns”