New Car Sales

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
User avatar
oldtrucker
Guru
Posts: 6837
Joined: Nov 24th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by oldtrucker »

alanjh595 wrote:
ckil wrote:I like the Hyundai. We have a pimped out Kona. Amazing on fuel and hugs those corners nicely.


You should try the Lada then.


Betcha a old Lada would be tough to find and cost a fair amount of$$$. I was in the back seat of a Lada when it got rear ended by a 79 Z28 doing 45 mph back in the early 90's. No I wasn't okay. I still suffer from it. Insurance company said I was uninjured even though I exited the car through the back window. :up: Good times
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.
User avatar
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18676
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by alanjh595 »

Whyme2 wrote:
Bsuds wrote:You get what you pay for.


You bought a KIA [icon_lol2.gif]


Does one actually "buy" a KIA? Or do they just pay interest and maintenance on a future "go-cart" or other "farm implement".
Bring back the LIKE button.
User avatar
Thinktank
Guru
Posts: 7651
Joined: Nov 5th, 2010, 6:21 am

Re: New Car Sales

Post by Thinktank »

I was in a Lada in Cuba and the poor taxi driver had to continually breathe exhaust coming into the vehicle.
“The most dangerous man to all governments: is able to think for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
User avatar
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18676
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by alanjh595 »

alanjh595 wrote:You should try the Lada then.


oldtrucker wrote:Betcha a old Lada would be tough to find and cost a fair amount of$$$. I was in the back seat of a Lada when it got rear ended by a 79 Z28 doing 45 mph back in the early 90's. No I wasn't okay. I still suffer from it. Insurance company said I was uninjured even though I exited the car through the back window. :up: Good times


I bet the Z28 occupants walked away with no injury greater than a spilled, large, Coke.

"Uninjured" means that even the xrays showed no damage to substantiate a claim of loss.
Bring back the LIKE button.
DebSS
Fledgling
Posts: 139
Joined: Dec 15th, 2018, 5:40 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by DebSS »

Kia Seltos we drove it and loved it. Power and it turns on a dime. 36,000 fully loaded too. We are thinking of getting one. We drove ours in Penticton. They have come up in quality over the years. Our daughter had two Rios - she leased them but they were horrible. That was back in 2008. Now these have a better design and build. We test drove the top model of the Seltos, it had a turbo engine in it that ran off regular gas. Saw an Isuzu the other day on the back of a tow truck. Remember those??? lol

Congrats on your new Seltos!!
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 30888
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by GordonH »

My ultimate goal is to purchase a hydrogen vehicle, not until more station are built.

One of vehicle manufacturers who has been building them for number of years now is Hyundai.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Whyme2
Übergod
Posts: 1291
Joined: Dec 13th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by Whyme2 »

DebSS wrote:Kia Seltos we drove it and loved it. Power and it turns on a dime. 36,000 fully loaded too. We are thinking of getting one. We drove ours in Penticton. They have come up in quality over the years. Our daughter had two Rios - she leased them but they were horrible. That was back in 2008. Now these have a better design and build. We test drove the top model of the Seltos, it had a turbo engine in it that ran off regular gas. Saw an Isuzu the other day on the back of a tow truck. Remember those??? lol

Congrats on your new Seltos!!


Trust me, in a couple years you Seltos will Be on the back of a tow truck. Will never buy Korean again. :smt045
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 27777
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: New Car Sales

Post by normaM »

Nice ride Sudsy
If I had money I'd replace the mutt mobile
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 49699
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: New Car Sales

Post by Bsuds »

Whyme2 wrote:Trust me, in a couple years you Seltos will Be on the back of a tow truck. Will never buy Korean again. :smt045


I Know Kia and Hyundai have had some issues in the past but Kia is also rated tied for 1st on initial quality by JD Power.

There are no guarantees and will have to keep our fingers crossed. Time will tell.
DILLIGAF
seewood
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3372
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by seewood »

Might be in the market for a new truck.
Closed the door in the F350 crew and the rear window blew out both sides of the slider. Glass is in the box, not the cab.
Take it into Skaha Ford and they took pictures for warranty. Warranty denied. Ford Canada when I phoned said the same.
Looking at GMC now if Ford does not stand by their products. If anything else goes wrong, the 6.7 and related running gear is frightfully expensive to fix. Not going to take a chance with Ford's warranty being denied.
Too bad, liked this truck. Terrific truck with the camper
No chips, scratches on rear window, 25,000 ks on truck
Will check out GMC in Penticton today....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
eires37
Banned
Posts: 793
Joined: Feb 4th, 2017, 8:15 am

Re: New Car Sales

Post by eires37 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/3 ... zycjI.link

If I remember correctly... BC consumers have 48hrs to unwind any car bought from a dealership. And next time maybe bring a friend who can help you negotiate.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 49699
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: New Car Sales

Post by Bsuds »

Unfortunately some seniors are taken advantage of.

Never buy on the first trip. I like looking at cars and when I was working and needed a car for that purpose I generally changed every 2-3 years and rarely with a new car. 1-2 years old with low mileage as recommended to me by my accountant.
DILLIGAF
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 26187
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by the truth »

eires37 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/303272/Letter-I-was-bamboozled-royally#.XvTC9pzycjI.link

If I remember correctly... BC consumers have 48hrs to unwind any car bought from a dealership. And next time maybe bring a friend who can help you negotiate.


yup car salesmen for ya
this is exactly why we need a negative business review section, bickering room maybe :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
eires37
Banned
Posts: 793
Joined: Feb 4th, 2017, 8:15 am

Re: New Car Sales

Post by eires37 »

the truth wrote:
eires37 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/303272/Letter-I-was-bamboozled-royally#.XvTC9pzycjI.link

If I remember correctly... BC consumers have 48hrs to unwind any car bought from a dealership. And next time maybe bring a friend who can help you negotiate.


yup car salesmen for ya
this is exactly why we need a negative business review section, bickering room maybe :up:


Negative business review??? Never happen on Castanetistan... that would be about 80% of Kelowna "businesses"
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 7525
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: New Car Sales

Post by Urban Cowboy »

seewood wrote:Might be in the market for a new truck.
Closed the door in the F350 crew and the rear window blew out both sides of the slider. Glass is in the box, not the cab.
Take it into Skaha Ford and they took pictures for warranty. Warranty denied. Ford Canada when I phoned said the same.
Looking at GMC now if Ford does not stand by their products. If anything else goes wrong, the 6.7 and related running gear is frightfully expensive to fix. Not going to take a chance with Ford's warranty being denied.
Too bad, liked this truck. Terrific truck with the camper
No chips, scratches on rear window, 25,000 ks on truck
Will check out GMC in Penticton today....


Seems a tad foolish on Fords part to lose a customer over the cost of a rear window.
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown

Return to “Social Concerns”