Legal Canabis beats Illegal

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
kellydavies

Re: Legal Canabis beats Illegal

Post by kellydavies »

Legal weed is so much better. There are some that arent as good and wont buy again, but there is so much choice available.
Tired of getting handed a bag of mystery poison from the black market.
Never going back to illegal weed. All those people say they have the best weed. NOT
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I'm guessing legal cannabis does far better in cities and takes a big hit in lesser populated or rural areas where the source is likely known, usually straight from the grower and cheaper.
capleton
Board Meister

Post by capleton »

Black Market pot is superior and cheaper, I can get a ounce for a 100 in the black market while sometimes 3.5 grams costs like 60 bucks in a dispensary.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

My legal weed that I grew in my garden beats store bought and black market.
4 plants = around 10oz. this season. I’ll never get through all of that so give some away like I do my veg. from the same garden.
Go lick a handrail you psycho freak.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Those who have been using pot prior to legalization will most likely continue to get their supply from their usual supplier. Those who started after legalization will most likely get their supply from one of government stores.

Or both groups my actual grow their own.
Last edited by GordonH on Aug 7th, 2021, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come on Supreme Court of Canada step up and do Your Job.

"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
Nedroj
Board Meister

Post by Nedroj »

kellydavies wrote:Legal weed is so much better. There are some that arent as good and wont buy again, but there is so much choice available.
Tired of getting handed a bag of mystery poison from the black market.
Never going back to illegal weed. All those people say they have the best weed. NOT

"Mystery Poison"? I call that BS as that statement right there shows you are full of it. No pot smoker refers to weed (good or bad) as poison.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

really https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/336492 ... g-campaign

i know people that would love to by legal mj , sadly at $9 to $13 a gram at most stores if not all ,they do not
why would they when they get it off the black market for $3/$5 a gram
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
itwasonlyme

Post by itwasonlyme »

All "Legal" weed has been IRRADIATED which irrevocably alters all characteristics of the product. NO ILLEGAL weed has been irradiated. This would be the biggest difference between the two. Irradiating changes the terpene profile as, reduces terpene potency, and dried out the product. As the terpenes are what gives you the differing medical effects it seems clear that irradiating cannabis is not a good thing.
For this fact alone ILLEGAL "GREY" market weed will always be superior.
Boosted632
Übergod

Post by Boosted632 »

itwasonlyme wrote: Jul 7th, 2021, 2:42 pm All "Legal" weed has been IRRADIATED which irrevocably alters all characteristics of the product. NO ILLEGAL weed has been irradiated. This would be the biggest difference between the two. Irradiating changes the terpene profile as, reduces terpene potency, and dried out the product. As the terpenes are what gives you the differing medical effects it seems clear that irradiating cannabis is not a good thing.
Not a word of this is true
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Ka-El
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ka-El »

Boosted632 wrote: Not a word of this is true
Someone's been smoking a lot of pot :smt045
When I retire I want to be careful not to play too much golf. Two rounds a day should be plenty.
bb49
Lord of the Board

Post by bb49 »

itwasonlyme wrote: Jul 7th, 2021, 2:42 pm All "Legal" weed has been IRRADIATED which irrevocably alters all characteristics of the product. NO ILLEGAL weed has been irradiated. This would be the biggest difference between the two. Irradiating changes the terpene profile as, reduces terpene potency, and dried out the product. As the terpenes are what gives you the differing medical effects it seems clear that irradiating cannabis is not a good thing.
Possibly what I posted below is why illegal pot is inferior.
bb49 wrote: Sep 3rd, 2020, 4:42 pm Sometime, last year, somewhere there was a study of illegal marijuana done by Health Canada. Most of the samples done were found to contain large amounts of pesticides, herbicides and mold.
Samples from legitimate grows were found to be clean.

So, which one is "better"?
NO BEIJING 2022

THE TWO MICHAELS. Never forget them.

CHINA. Never forgive them.
bb49
Lord of the Board

Post by bb49 »

And adding to the topic,

https://www.leafly.ca/news/cannabis-101 ... -canadians
“Irradiation, in cannabis and otherwise, is one of the most maligned topics of our generation,” says Tantalus Labs founder Dan Sutton.

Sutton, who previously worked in nuclear technology, defends the practice, suggesting that people fear what they don’t understand. “I think you would be hard pressed to find someone outside of nuclear physics who can actually even define what ‘radiation’ means,” he says.

NO BEIJING 2022

THE TWO MICHAELS. Never forget them.

CHINA. Never forgive them.
itwasonlyme

Post by itwasonlyme »

Yes that's what the companies doing the irradiation would like you to think.
In order to irradiate something enough to KILL MOLD AND BACTERIA
You will also kill TERPENES and overall product quality.
Whatever synergistic effect the full-spectrum plant would have had is completely destroyed through irradiating it, I m not saying the potency is killed off entirely but it is the interaction of the various cannibinoids, terpenes etc that give the overall effect - like a complex system - and when you mess with it the entire thing breaks down.

The effects of IRRADIATING CANNABIS are VASTLY UNDERESTIMATED.

Some companies are trying other methods, but it is well known it does effect the pot.

Yes, I do know what irradiation is and the various forms involved, and have read the scientific literature on this which does acknowledge that the material is definitely and irrevocably changed and damaged through the irradiation process. They can try to diminish this with numbers like 12% terpene reduction of this type and 7% of the other; but again the natural synergistic effect of the plant is totally destroyed by doing this. It simply won't do what it what do, unirradiated.

bb49 wrote: Jul 8th, 2021, 5:26 pm And adding to the topic,

“Irradiation, in cannabis and otherwise, is one of the most maligned topics of our generation,” says Tantalus Labs founder Dan Sutton.

Sutton, who previously worked in nuclear technology, defends the practice, suggesting that people fear what they don’t understand. “I think you would be hard pressed to find someone outside of nuclear physics who can actually even define what ‘radiation’ means,” he says.

Boosted632
Übergod

Post by Boosted632 »

itwasonlyme wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 3:41 am Yes that's what the companies doing the irradiation would like you to think.
Whatever synergistic effect the full-spectrum plant would have had is completely destroyed through irradiating it, I m not saying the potency is killed off entirely but it is the interaction of the various cannibinoids, terpenes etc that give the overall effect - like a complex system - and when you mess with it the entire thing breaks down.

Some companies are trying other methods, but it is well known it does effect the pot.

Yes, I do know what irradiation is and the various forms involved, and have read the scientific literature on this which does acknowledge that the material is definitely and irrevocably changed and damaged through the irradiation process. They can try to diminish this with numbers like 12% terpene reduction of this type and 7% of the other; but again the natural synergistic effect of the plant is totally destroyed by doing this. It simply won't do what it what do, unirradiated.

bb49 wrote: Jul 8th, 2021, 5:26 pm And adding to the topic,

Except for the fact that its not being irradiatiated
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Boosted632 wrote: Jul 19th, 2021, 7:24 am
itwasonlyme wrote: Jul 18th, 2021, 3:41 am Yes that's what the companies doing the irradiation would like you to think.

Except for the fact that its not being irradiatiated
Yeah, but why let that little fact get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jul 19th, 2021, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Social Concerns”