Think twice before ordering from food delivery places

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Cherokee12

Think twice before ordering from food delivery places

Post by Cherokee12 »

This happened in Surrey the other day. My daughter was waiting in her car while the pizza she ordered was being made. A guy parks next to her and gets out of his car with food delivery bag "SKIP THE DISHES" and heads into the laundromat next door. He proceeds inside and empties his dirty laundry out of the food delivery bag . This is beyond disgusting and the thought of food and somebody's dirty laundry going into the same bag is beyond belief.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Think twice before ordering from food delivery places

Post by OKkayak »

I thought that olive on my pizza looked kinda funky [icon_lol2.gif]

Meh, might order delivery once a decade. Haven't gotten to the point where I'm that lazy to not go out and grab it myself.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

If and when I want take out (which is extremely rare) I get off my :cuss: and go get it myself.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
I don't care whether people like me or dislike me. I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Richadio
Board Meister

Post by Richadio »

GordonH wrote:If and when I want take out (which is extremely rare) I get off my :cuss: and go get it myself.

:laugh:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

GordonH wrote:If and when I want take out (which is extremely rare) I get off my :cuss: and go get it myself.

:biggrin: Gordo you sir deserve another drink tonight. Well put - well put. :130:
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

And their dirty personal use cars :runforlife:
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

Cherokee12 wrote:This happened in Surrey the other day. My daughter was waiting in her car while the pizza she ordered was being made. A guy parks next to her and gets out of his car with food delivery bag "SKIP THE DISHES" and heads into the laundromat next door. He proceeds inside and empties his dirty laundry out of the food delivery bag . This is beyond disgusting and the thought of food and somebody's dirty laundry going into the same bag is beyond belief.

I hope the incident was reported.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

They make people who deliver buy these bags and you get to keep them after. With huge turn over, there's a whole lot of people with these bags. I'd imagine if you paid for one you might as well use it for something.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

We are 0 for 3 tries at getting our order correct and delivered with that particular organization.
Going today, hear tommorow
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Even Steven wrote:They make people who deliver buy these bags and you get to keep them after. With huge turn over, there's a whole lot of people with these bags. I'd imagine if you paid for one you might as well use it for something.
Saw a bag for sale on FB Marketplace recently. They will get repurposed for lots of things.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Wally wrote:We are 0 for 3 tries at getting our order correct and delivered with that particular organization.
LOL, the McDonalds near us never gets our order right!
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

zookeeper wrote:And their dirty personal use cars :runforlife:
You should see the inside of the cabs of multi driver trucks that deliver to the grocery stores. Disgusting.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

Wally wrote:We are 0 for 3 tries at getting our order correct and delivered with that particular organization.
The restaurant is the one that prepares the order.
Delivery bags are sealed before the driver takes it.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

When I was really little there was a company that drove their van to your home, parked outside and did your fried chicken. I thought that was wonderful. Actually still do -
Mobile donairs should be a thing
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Its been pretty well common sense for the last 50 years that if you use a drive-thru, you always check your order before you pull out. Now people are surprised that your order gets screwed up with delivery services? [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Social Concerns”