Poll Covid Hoax Or Not

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Do you think covid is a hoax

yes
21%
no
79%
not sure yet
No votes

Total votes: 43

oldtrucker
Guru

Re: Poll Covid Hoax Or Not

Post by oldtrucker »

mexi cali wrote:I predict that about 2 of 10 will say it's a hoax. That's in keeping with the 80 percent rule. 80% of the pop has an IQ of 80 or less.
Your pretty much bang on mexi :up:
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

WESTman wrote:
The disproportionate response to this virus is why many think something else is a foot. As too the "pulling it off" I would say their are very few people actually in on it. They just get the snow ball rolling and we manifest. An unconscious conspiracy in many respects. A self policing situation where anyone in the bureaucratic structure, academia, media questioning the situation is at risk of financial ruin and ostracization. Where any professional questioning the narrative is scrubbed from the internet by the arbiters of reality at google, YouTube etc. And a nice liberal college girl "fact checking" just as a cherry on top.

"The television screen is the retina of the mind’s eye. Therefore the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore television is reality and reality is less than television."

"What a dirty trick but how skillfully executed! What a swindle, but how well and with what courage it has been done!"
The only disproportionate response is from others who are not taking this seriously. Do you think that the virus cares what country you are in, or what ethnicity you are? It does not.
Act like a people and we will see positivity rates like Idaho: 49.8% positive.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

WESTman wrote:"The television screen is the retina of the mind’s eye. Therefore the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore television is reality and reality is less than television."
Quote attributed to Brian O'Blivion, a character in the 1983 sci-fi cult classic "Videodrome".

So, if television is reality and vice versa, I want a Baby Yoda for Christmas.

As far as the Covid hoax question, I'm with OKkayak, it's too massive an undertaking to perpetrate a hoax of this magnitude, there would most certainly be people speaking out against it besides quacks, charlatans, and rebels-without-a-clue.
How can a worker be both essential and unworthy of a living wage ?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Can't believe there's 5 people on this board that think covid is a hoax.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Fancy wrote:Can't believe there's 5 people on this board that think covid is a hoax.

We're in the age of proud ignorance, alternative facts, blah blah blah etc.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

jimmy4321 wrote:We're in the age of proud ignorance...
Isn't that the truth.

"There's nothing in the rule book that says I have to know what I'm talking about, but I have a right to be heard."
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

mexi cali wrote:I predict that about 2 of 10 will say it's a hoax. That's in keeping with the 80 percent rule. 80% of the pop has an IQ of 80 or less.
Innumeracy is one of the greatest issues of the day.
You and 71 others Like this post
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Fancy wrote:Can't believe there's 5 people on this board that think covid is a hoax.
All of the others haven’t noticed the poll yet.
There are more. Trust me. :smt045
You and 71 others Like this post
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

Maybe there's an anti-mask rally going on somewhere, they're busy.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

For this to have been a hoax, it would require the cooperation of people and establishments who typically don't get along. The reason they don't get along is that they are all fighting for bigger pieces of the same pie.

In order for them to miraculously agree to perpetuate a hoax of this magnitude, they would all have to believe that they were in line for more than what they have now and that won't happen. Someone will come out ahead and no one wants that therefore, if there is no real prospect of everyone coming out ahead, they won't get in the sand box.

The key element is missing; gain.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Social Concerns”