Fighting to see your sons

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
gbpoppy

Fighting to see your sons

Post by gbpoppy »

As a single mom I have experience the same thing for almost 2 years with an extra refuses to comply with an out dated supreme court order regarding our 12 and 15-year-old sons. I am supposed to be able to talk to them a minimum of twice a week so he shut off their cell phone and Internet and will not allow me to communicate with him and he will not allow me to see them for the last two years while the court continues to push it aside.
I can completely relate times 1 million on how hard it is.
They say that Family Court is supposed to be for the best interest of their children yet it’s impossible for anything to be heard.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/31 ... g-pandemic
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Fighting to see your sons

Post by Merry »

Unreasonably denying a child access to one of their parents is cruel.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Sense of Control with kids

Post by Symbonite »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/31 ... g-pandemic

First of all, disclaimer. its not me.

But iv seen it first hand with friends that are in this same boat.

Why is it that the courts almost ALWAYS side with the mothers side even though most likely its worse for the kids than the fathers side.

Second this should never happen as the split is between husband and wife. not the kids. Totally unfair for them to be the ping pong ball because one side is grossly defiant just to spite the other. Like I said sometimes its for the best but mostly its the other side just trying to be as damaging as possible.

But reading this article the boys are growing up and soon hit that mark that they can decide for themselves so whatever control the mom has will be gone. She probably knows that and is trying her hardest to make it as hard as possible. Throwing Covid as an excuse is a total copout.

When they are able to see him without mom or lawyers intervention i guess the dad would be relieved. but maybe not if they have been fed with craziness stories about the father from the mothers side.

Again...this is not me...I dont know how this really goes BUT I do see it from others I know and its so dumb....BUT on the bright side. Everyone that I know was successful to gain full control of the kids despite how much the mom tried.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
oldtrucker
Guru

Re: Sense of Control with kids

Post by oldtrucker »

Symbonite wrote:Why is it that the courts almost ALWAYS side with the mothers side even though most likely its worse for the kids than the fathers side.
But, but....men and women are equal....
Fantasy world.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.
gbpoppy

Post by gbpoppy »

They do not always side with the mother. I have been in a situation where they vary slightly sided with my ex-husband and I do have male friends who gain full custody of their children.
The point is if there is a court order in place especially if it is a supreme court order then it should be a bided by and children should not be used as a game or control method.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

gbpoppy wrote:They say that Family Court is supposed to be for the best interest of their children yet it’s impossible for anything to be heard.
It's not a family law system...it's a family law industry.
Needs to be equal access.
Needs to be equal everything.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. Zero cuckery. You and 917 others hate this post.

Return to “Social Concerns”