Blackberry Stock Takes Off

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Blackberry Stock Takes Off

Post by cyruslosco66 »

wasnt there a poster on here who said to buy blackberry stock ? well their prediction has come true

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... rice-surge

:smt045
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Sparki55
Guru

Re: Blackberry Stock Takes Off

Post by Sparki55 »

indianlarry66 wrote:wasnt there a poster on here who said to buy blackberry stock ? well their prediction has come true

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... rice-surge

:smt045
And now we all know what your new name is lol.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

That's amazing.
I worked with a guy for a bit who had a LOT of blackberry stock and was banking on it for his retirement. The last time I saw him he was really crying the blues. That was seven or eight years ago. I hope he hung on to them.
Did you keep them Kent? :biggrin:

Btw Larry, who's the dude in your avatar?
He looks familiar but I can't place him.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I hope they start making phones with their own operating system again ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

MAPearce wrote:I hope they start making phones with their own operating system again ....
There bread and butter is highly secure software systems integrated into the IoT. Think about all the software in your cars, backend systems for Amazon, Google and even Tesla.

Great to see a Canadian company climbing back up. Hopefully their OS on the new Android phones sells well.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

AlienSoldier wrote:
MAPearce wrote:I hope they start making phones with their own operating system again ....
There bread and butter is highly secure software systems integrated into the IoT. Think about all the software in your cars, backend systems for Amazon, Google and even Tesla.

Great to see a Canadian company climbing back up. Hopefully their OS on the new Android phones sells well.
yeah ... Nice to go somewhere and NOT get spam ads for things and places near where you went "binging" you after you left ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Making phones almost bankrupted them.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Two words, ... "short squeeze". It has nothing to do with Blackberry's business.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

Blackberry's prospects are tied to a secure operating system for computers in cars. It is a reasonable and growing business and is completely unrelated to phones. More significantly it isn't the type of business that will result in hockey stick type growth that would warrant the current inflated stock price.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

typhoon44 wrote:Blackberry's prospects are tied to a secure operating system for computers in cars. It is a reasonable and growing business and is completely unrelated to phones. More significantly it isn't the type of business that will result in hockey stick type growth that would warrant the current inflated stock price.
Unless they come up with some earth-shaking innovation, and very fast, Blackberry is a history. Their product has been stagnant for quite a few years. In today's competitive technology world, that's a no-go.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

BC Landlord wrote:
typhoon44 wrote:Blackberry's prospects are tied to a secure operating system for computers in cars. It is a reasonable and growing business and is completely unrelated to phones. More significantly it isn't the type of business that will result in hockey stick type growth that would warrant the current inflated stock price.
Unless they come up with some earth-shaking innovation, and very fast, Blackberry is a history. Their product has been stagnant for quite a few years. In today's competitive technology world, that's a no-go.
Oh? You must know something I don't. Security in automotive computing has become super-critical and there aren't a lot of options for secure operating systems.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

typhoon44 wrote:Oh? You must know something I don't. Security in automotive computing has become super-critical and there aren't a lot of options for secure operating systems.
If you believe that the latest surge in Blackberry's stocks has anything to do with their business, then you obviously are not following what's happening on the market.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

BC Landlord wrote:
typhoon44 wrote:Oh? You must know something I don't. Security in automotive computing has become super-critical and there aren't a lot of options for secure operating systems.
If you believe that the latest surge in Blackberry's stocks has anything to do with their business, then you obviously are not following what's happening on the market.
Read what I wrote.
More significantly it isn't the type of business that will result in hockey stick type growth that would warrant the current inflated stock price.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

typhoon44 wrote:Read what I wrote.
More significantly it isn't the type of business that will result in hockey stick type growth that would warrant the current inflated stock price.
Well, if you were following the latest developments, you would know that Blackberry would have been financially run into the ground by now, if not for private/retail investors pushing back against Wall Street big boys, for entirely business unrelated reasons. Blackberry was just a weapon in this feud, among a group of companies, including GameStop, Nokia, and some other.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

BC Landlord wrote:
Well, if you were following the latest developments, you would know that Blackberry would have been financially run into the ground by now, if not for private/retail investors pushing back against Wall Street big boys, for entirely business unrelated reasons. Blackberry was just a weapon in this feud, among a group of companies, including GameStop, Nokia, and some other.
Nonsense. Blackberry was doing fine with a $6 stock before the redditors piled in. Investors betting a stock will go down doesn't make the stock go down. There could be just as many investors betting the stock will go up. That's the definition of a free market. The redditors don't care about the company; they likely have no idea what it does or if it has good prospects for future earnings.

Return to “Social Concerns”