Will you give up your pet for Man-Made Climate Change?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Will you give up your pet because of the man-made climate change fraud?

Yes - I must virtue signal at all costs about problems that don't exist so off to the pound you go Rex
15%
No - man-made climate change is a hoax and my dog shouldn't have to suffer to pander to evil zealots
62%
No - I have bought into this hoax but I don't want to sacrifice my dog or cat, that's asking too much
23%

Total votes: 13

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Will you give up your pet for Man-Made Climate Change?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

So if you "believe" in the unproven scientific theory of man-made climate change, do you believe in it so much that you are willing to get rid of your CO2 spewing climate polluting ocean-rising dog or cat? This useful idiot thinks that you should, and when the host tries to push back on the nonsense he is barfing up, he immediately starts virtue signaling about the "climate emergency" and pushing the notion that if you don't give up your dog or cat, you are an awful person who wants to destroy the world. Always the "go to" with this brainless fools.

But I think it's worth discussing - how much are you into this fraud? This guy has bought in wholesale. He thinks owning pets is evil. Which I find hilarious as most virtue-signalers who love this fraud have pets. There is no way they are going to give up their "rescue" (lol) dog or cat. And that's the crux. Those who actually want to buy into this hoax never want to actually sacrifice for it. Anyway, discuss. Yeah or nay on axing Fido in the name of "fighting" man-made climate change...?

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1386937067138072577?s=09
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-28 121943.jpg
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Apr 29th, 2021, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Will you give up your pet for Man-Made Climate Change?

Post by TylerM4 »

Posting this absurdity does not help your cause.

Seriously, if you can't have a rational conversation that's not oozing with rhetoric it's best to avoid completely. Rational people see something like this and immediately dismiss it. And rightly so - if there is a need to resort to this level of manipulation and rhetoric it's a clear sign that more logical arguments don't exist.

In other words: When you're climbing through the kitchen window everyone knows you don't have the keys to the front door. :130:
2manyfords
Übergod

Post by 2manyfords »

TylerM4 wrote: Rational people see something like this and immediately dismiss it. And rightly so -
^ ^ ^
This.... :130:
Trying to think of something profound, and full of wisdom to place here...any suggestions?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

TylerM4 wrote:Posting this absurdity does not help your cause.

Seriously, if you can't have a rational conversation that's not oozing with rhetoric it's best to avoid completely. Rational people see something like this and immediately dismiss it. And rightly so - if there is a need to resort to this level of manipulation and rhetoric it's a clear sign that more logical arguments don't exist.

In other words: When you're climbing through the kitchen window everyone knows you don't have the keys to the front door. :130:
But after all of that nonsense - would you give up your pet to show that you are "doing something" about man-made climate change? Yes or no? It's a simple question that didn't need your commentary, at all. Did you watch the video? Do you agree with the guy that owning pets is immoral due to man-made climate change?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

TylerM4 wrote:Posting this absurdity does not help your cause.

I like the comparison.

It's completely acceptable to put a tax on everything else causing climate change, why not a pet excise tax? You pollute you pay.
All in all, American cats and dogs are responsible for producing about 64 million tons of methane and nitrous oxide, two powerful greenhouse gases that contribute to climate change
https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/4/16094 ... ate-change

A person who just wants to heat their home has to pay a carbon tax, why do pet owners get a break?

People who dirtbike are subjected to carbon taxes at the pump. Why not tax pet food?

We're told to eat less red meat and that meat will be taxed soon to reduce enviromental impact.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

2manyfords wrote:
TylerM4 wrote: Rational people see something like this and immediately dismiss it. And rightly so -

This.... :130:
What about "This"? Are you saying that you would dismiss the guy's argument to give up your pet to the man-made climate change cause? Or what? "This" doesn't really tell me much in terms of the question. :130:
2manyfords
Übergod

Post by 2manyfords »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

What about "This"? Are you saying that you would dismiss the guy's argument to give up your pet to the man-made climate change cause? Or what? "This" doesn't really tell me much in terms of the question. :130:
"This" meaning rational, as described in Tylers's post.
Do I need to define rational?

Yes...I would totally dismiss that guy's argument. It goes beyond anything rational. Just as bad as AOC's ban on cow farts. Lol...

In answer to your question, I would never give up a pet, be it cat, dog, emu, etc...for that lunacy. :up:
Trying to think of something profound, and full of wisdom to place here...any suggestions?
2manyfords
Übergod

Post by 2manyfords »

oldtrucker wrote:Pets....The hallmark sign of a society having wealth ,having extra food to go around instead of using the pet as food.
I read that in 2016 dollars it costs $20,000 for a cat kitten to casket assuming it lives out a full life.
I can't remember what the average dog was.
Feed a cat???
I live on an acreage, plenty of mice to go around for my 4 cats. Biggest expense is de-worming tabs. As for full life, that depends on the coyote population... :200:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

2manyfords wrote:[
"This" meaning rational, as described in Tylers's post.
Do I need to define rational?

Yes...I would totally dismiss that guy's argument. It goes beyond anything rational. Just as bad as AOC's ban on cow farts. Lol...

In answer to your question, I would never give up a pet, be it cat, dog, emu, etc...for that lunacy. :up:
All right thank you for clarifying! :130:
2manyfords
Übergod

Post by 2manyfords »

On a side note, as per my above post, who's gonna tax the wildlife?
Why should they get a free ride?

They gotta pay! [icon_lol2.gif]
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

Covid 19 and Climate change both scams used in attempt to bring about a new economic system (The Great Reset).
Remember "you will own nothing, and be happy"
Attachments
175997431_1387214681651667_422696255160591465_n (1).jpg
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

oldtrucker wrote:Pets....The hallmark sign of a society having wealth ,having extra food to go around instead of using the pet as food.
I read that in 2016 dollars it costs $20,000 for a cat kitten to casket assuming it lives out a full life.
I can't remember what the average dog was.
Yes it is the ultimate isn't it? We have people starving but we spend billions on pet food. Priorities right?

I would like to see the Green Party bring in a "zero pet" policy into their platform. It's time to seriously go right off the deep end of lunacy here. All or nothing. No pets. Or is this "crisis" not real?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

You think pets are expensive?

How about a mistress? You don't think they're a costly "pet" to have? :smt045

So what about them? Would this idiot suggest we give up a mistress?
I doubt it.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Stop breeding domesticated animals, do not purchase any new pets, and let the hundreds of different species die off? I assume this guy doesn't want them released in to the wild either. Guide dogs won't stop the extinction of species. What a bone-head. What's next? Eat the babies?

Since we're discussing it, what climate crisis? Can you point to it? Can you show me? Got a picture? Every passing year results in a nothing-bar. The IPCC never mentioned anything about ridding ourselves of pets and they are pretty left field. AR5 does not claim any emergency. Their government declared a crisis only to keep these people from gluing themselves to the pavement and to the top of subway cars. This particular type of crisis is self-correcting. Let the oceans wipe us out and boom, problem fixed.

I say with absolute confidence we will all be fine in 10 years, and by 2100.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

They say a survey is only as good as it's biasly worded.

Perhaps GB you could work on yours and get better results?

Kitties!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”