Will you give up your pet for Man-Made Climate Change?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Will you give up your pet because of the man-made climate change fraud?

Yes - I must virtue signal at all costs about problems that don't exist so off to the pound you go Rex
15%
No - man-made climate change is a hoax and my dog shouldn't have to suffer to pander to evil zealots
62%
No - I have bought into this hoax but I don't want to sacrifice my dog or cat, that's asking too much
23%

Total votes: 13

Boosted632
Banned

Re: Will you give up your pet for Man-Made Climate Change?

Post by Boosted632 »

Pretty sure i like any other human emits more methane than my dog does, when i read garbage like this i just shake my head because the downhill slide that society is on is somewhat frightening. Pet lives matter [icon_lol2.gif]
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:They say a survey is only as good as it's biasly worded.

Perhaps GB you could work on yours and get better results?

Kitties!
Sure. What would you have me change? Man made climate change is a hoax. Where is the bias?
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Apr 29th, 2021, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

But Liberals believe owning a dog is racist. So, are all you Liberals ready to give up your pets to save the planet and denounce racism by doing so?

I know Liberals believe the rules don't apply to them, but if you all want to convince us normal people on the right that your virtue-signaling BS is valid, you better get rid of your pit bulls and shihtzus and show us you're serious about this. Save the planet, do it for the children!

Liberal Believes White People Who Own Dogs are Racist

Apparently, if you’re a white person and own a dog, you’re a colonialist, cultural appropriator and a racist.

https://newsradio1310.com/liberal-belie ... re-racist/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:They say a survey is only as good as it's biasly worded.

Perhaps GB you could work on yours and get better results?

Kitties!
Sure. What would you have me change? Man made climate change is a hoax. Where is the bias?

All of you that want to make the poor pay your carbon taxes, will you give up your pets you elitists to show your dedication to the cause/religion? If not why not you terrible pit bull owner. You are so selfish. Just the worst.
Oh you know, "brainless zealots" and the like. And why are you calling it "your carbon tax"? Like I installed it personally? I am hit by it just as much as any cracker redneck who puts his trans in the bathtub. And yes, the people who do my job are hit double hard because you need a vehicle for community health. And we don't live in the tropics and not everyone has a wood fireplace and an ability to collect firewood for free. So ya, maybe someone should tell Iceland to put their volcano out. And Italy, and St. Vincent's and Alaska.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
But after all of that nonsense - would you give up your pet to show that you are "doing something" about man-made climate change? Yes or no? It's a simple question that didn't need your commentary, at all. Did you watch the video? Do you agree with the guy that owning pets is immoral due to man-made climate change?
I don't own any pets. So it's not a relevant question to me.

But the theme of this topic is something that just about everyone struggles with: It's the classic "how much quality of life am I willing to give up to help protect the climate/environment"?

Personally, I think there are other "things" the average person could give up or change that would have more impact on slowing climate change while also having less impact on their quality of life than to give up their pet(s).

I'm curious as to which aspects of the science behind man made climate change you believe is false/wrong? Do you not believe in the carbon cycle? Or perhaps you don't believe CO2 is a greenhouse gas or the idea/science of greenhouse gasses in general?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No liberal thinks owning dogs is "racist" that's just what is cranked out at some ivory tower university level phD cultural class trying to justify their funding.

Pet rocks however contribute to geo-vandalism and I assure you I've been on facebook rock collecting groups and know for a fact that there are people posting that rockhounding (Pun intended) contributes to geo-vandalism in a big way.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:
Oh you know, "brainless zealots" and the like.
All right, I can change that to "idiot zealots" or "insane gullible fools". Would that be better?
And why are you calling it "your carbon tax"? Like I installed it personally? I am hit by it just as much as any cracker redneck who puts his trans in the bathtub. And yes, the people who do my job are hit double hard because you need a vehicle for community health. And we don't live in the tropics and not everyone has a wood fireplace and an ability to collect firewood for free. So ya, maybe someone should tell Iceland to put their volcano out. And Italy, and St. Vincent's and Alaska.
Great points. I wasn't really aiming this at you, more aimed at all the virtue signalers out there with pit bulls that want everyone to "follow the science", until the nuts and lunatics that want to "follow the science" take it to it's natural end, which is no pets, no meat, no cars, no boats, no fun. And if you disagree you are a terrible person that should be in jail. That's what happens when you preach doomsday nonsense, you end up have to pay the piper when the loony tunes grab power.

But on the other hand, if you want to truly push this silly apocalyptic narrative, then you should be willing to give up your pets. Either you believe this garbage is real, or you don't. There is no middle ground, now that people are saying this is a "climate catastrophe". Look at the logic used by the guy in the video - "even the government says that this is a "climate emergency". Of course they are saying that, because they are too scared to say that there is no emergency, and that this is all a hoax. So you end up with every stupid decision and freedom taken away being justified, all in the name of a fairy tale. It's just so sad and sickening.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

TylerM4 wrote:
I'm curious as to which aspects of the science behind man made climate change you believe is false/wrong?
The idiotic apocalyptic projections that NEVER come true. We've been hearing this mass amount of BS for 40 years, and NOTHING has happened. It's just fear mongering in the name of taking away rights and freedoms. This imbecile on the TV show seriously wants to take away people's rights to own pets, and when told that that is a DUMB idea, he immediately starts babbling about all the consequences and how we are in a "climate emergency". How long is society going to allow this Chicken Little garbage to continue? How many rights and freedoms have to be taken away before we wake up and say, guess what, there is no "climate emergency", we've all just gone along with it because everyone was too scared to say that the emperor has no clothes. Well, the emperor has no clothes. So no, you aren't taking away my dog.

But that being said, any and all virtue signalers here how think that this hoax is real, will you give up your pets? If not, why not? You say you believe in this garbage. So put your money where you mouth is.
Do you not believe in the carbon cycle? Or perhaps you don't believe CO2 is a greenhouse gas or the idea/science of greenhouse gasses in general?
It's not about "believing" - why is everything related to this hoax put in a religious context? Oh right, because there isn't any proof to back it up. It's all just unproven fear-mongering garbage. The earth is just fine. We need to focus our resources on truly helping humanity. Get everyone on this rock fed, and give them clean drinking water. Then we can worry about solving fairy tales like AGW. Our priorities as a society are just so messed up.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Queen K wrote:No liberal thinks owning dogs is "racist" that's just what is cranked out at some ivory tower university level phD cultural class trying to justify their funding.
Hmm, seems there's at least one liberal who disagrees with you.

https://newsradio1310.com/liberal-belie ... re-racist/
Apparently, if you’re a white person and own a dog, you’re a colonialist, cultural appropriator and a racist.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

TylerM4 wrote:Posting this absurdity does not help your cause.

Seriously, if you can't have a rational conversation that's not oozing with rhetoric it's best to avoid completely. Rational people see something like this and immediately dismiss it. And rightly so - if there is a need to resort to this level of manipulation and rhetoric it's a clear sign that more logical arguments don't exist.

In other words: When you're climbing through the kitchen window everyone knows you don't have the keys to the front door. :130:
I think what's more absurd is the fact that this exists.. And rational people should talk about the lunacy that seems to be taking over the world today instead of dismissing it .. Look at the damage it does ..

This is the type of garbage that cancelled Aunt Jemima .. A proud woman who made thick and made the best of it is now gone ....

Talk about rhetoric...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

There is no need for yapping, unpredictable, biting dogs.
Cats can stay :-)
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

TylerM4 wrote: Personally, I think there are other "things" the average person could give up or change that would have more impact on slowing climate change while also having less impact on their quality of life than to give up their pet(s).
Exactly.
TylerM4 wrote: I am curious as to which aspects of the science behind man made climate change you believe is false/wrong? Do you not believe in the carbon cycle? Or perhaps you don't believe CO2 is a greenhouse gas or the idea/science of greenhouse gasses in general?
“Man-made climate change", the portion of change for which man is responsible, minus known and unknown natural portions. In the truly short time man has been studying climate, little to no funding has been provided to study natural means of change. Climate history has plenty of mysteries and anti-correlations.

We all agree IR is absorbed by CO2 in a few narrow bands and appears log2 in nature although this is not proven, it could be 1/x. It is a guess that every doubling of CO2 warms earth by 1-degree Celsius (I am skeptical about conclusions of perfectly round integers on an arbitrary temperature scale). If so, every 20ppm above equilibrium (say 280ppm pre-industrial) may give a 0.07c rise in temperature, but that is not happening. Most computer models are out to lunch and the average of all models exhibits too much warming. After 50 years you would think we would understand climate sensitivity, but we do not. Several climate scientists say CO2 is already saturated and doubling CO2 from 400ppm to 800ppm will only give a 1% temperature increase. There are many expert opinions on the world’s most complex subject, but most climate scientists agree there is NO “crisis”, which is why we are talking about pets.

CO2 warms the atmosphere, we all agree. Water vapor does to a greater degree. We do not measure cloud cover so If the earth had 1% more or less cloud on a long-term average, we would not know. For all we know ocean currents and chaotic fluctuations in cloud cover do more than CO2. We know El Nino is synchronized to the sun’s 22-year cycle, so it is not as though the sun has no influence. During solar minimums UV can decrease by 3% to 10%, again a guess.

Man has accumulated a tiny temperature record with less than adequate accuracy and coverage. No understanding of the deep ocean. We are in an infancy of understanding and waaaaaay too early to call anything settled, and all well within the realm of natural variability. I would not recommend spending trillions as we come out of a mini-ice age with rising temperatures. There is plenty of time to research potent clean energy without bankrupting ourselves and destroying innovation. Our monies and energies should not be spent as the result of a knee-jerk reaction. There is way too much uncertainty and observations are below James Hansen’s Scenario-C which means there is no problem. Most people agree with a lot of the basic physics but the numbers vary wildly. It's a question like how big is the universe. Every astronomer might be off by an order of magnitude because it is all too difficult to measure.

Getting rid of pets might be a steppingstone to getting rid of the meat industry too. You know how these people think. I wouldn't give them an inch. lol
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The Green Barbarian wrote:But on the other hand, if you want to truly push this silly apocalyptic narrative, then you should be willing to give up your pets. Either you believe this garbage is real, or you don't. There is no middle ground, now that people are saying this is a "climate catastrophe".
There most definitely is a middle ground. It's just silly for anyone to suggest there isn't.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

oldtrucker wrote:
Queen K wrote:just as much as any cracker redneck who puts his trans in the bathtub.
I told you not to pull the shower curtain back
So she met him then.... :D
:runforlife:

Pets can stay.. It's the idjit people we could do away with
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

bb49 wrote:You think pets are expensive?

How about a mistress? You don't think they're a costly "pet" to have? :smt045

So what about them? Would this idiot suggest we give up a mistress?
I doubt it.
Found out my wife was allergic to mistresses so I can't have one anyways.
Septuagenarian wrote:Which is exactly why I have a rock. But it does come in handy as an anchor for my fishing boat.
So do Chihuahuas.

As for the "pet's are bad mmmkaaayyyy" moron, he's just that, a moron. No time or energy should be given to him, just like the rabid nuts at PETA or any people that unhinged.

Return to “Social Concerns”