Mothers' Day 2021

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
alanjh595
Banned

Mothers' Day 2021

Post by alanjh595 »

Happy Mothers' Day to all the Moms out there.

To: My Mom, This is day 5 without you, I miss you so very much.
I hope that they have a big celebration where you are now.
I LOVE YOU

Rest in Peace.
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Mothers' Day 2021

Post by GordonH »

I lost my Mom many years ago, oddly it was exactly 78 days after her 78th birthday.

Celebrate your Mother’s everyone :birthday2:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Happy Mother’s day Mom!
I still have my mom and she will enjoy flowers, chocolates, and a little family today. The lockdown has been hard.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Mom passed away a year ago.

Happy Mothers day to all of you Mothers out there.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Now that Mothers' day has passed, and I feel that this topic will drop off the screen very soon due to lack of interest......I want to tell you about what I have noticed over the last week, since my Mom's death.

I may have lost my Mom, but I now have two surrogate mothers step forward. One that lives on each side of me.

It became abundantly clear yesterday as I was planting flowers.
#1 came over and was belting out orders as to what to do and where to plant what, (this is the Italian neighbour). If I could only work as fast as she spoke, I would have had all the plants in the ground in about 15 minutes.
#2 came by about 20 minutes later and she read all the tags, figured and sorted the plants according to height and sun exposure and placed each plant where she thought was best. All I had to do is dig the hole, place the plant, and accept her watering instructions.
It took me 3 hours to get 1/2 way done. Either I bought too many, or I am going to have a terrific flower display in about 3 weeks.
Thank you, to my new surrogate mothers.

Anyways, I thought the whole episode rather entertaining and interesting to notice how the women have swarmed me and taken over my own Mom's duties. It was a heartwarming and touching display of the maternal instinct. Thanks to them, my effort to honour my mother with flowers, has given me great pleasure, pride, and a big pain in my knees and back.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Social Concerns”