Nazi Flag on display - WTH?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
BC Landlord
Guru

Nazi Flag on display - WTH?

Post by BC Landlord »

I can understand there are some people out there with extreme views, but I cannot fathom how could anyone in right mind fly a Nazi flag today. Flying a flag should be a display of being proud of something what that flag symbolizes. What's going through this guy's mind is a mystery to me. Knowledge of history, definitely not.

I would also blame our education system for things like this. Years ago, they replaced history classes with social studies. It has become more important to teach kids 57+ genders, wokeness and political correctness, than real lessons from history. Kids nowadays don't even know who fought against who in WW2, let alone any background. Before that, WW1 must had happened because "1" comes before "2". That's their knowledge.
Nazi-and-Confederate-flags-in-Breton.jpeg
https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... 08b79a2b8b
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Nazi Flag on display - WTH?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BC Landlord wrote:
I would also blame our education system for things like this. Years ago, they replaced history classes with social studies. It has become more important to teach kids 57+ genders, wokeness and political correctness, than real lessons from history. Kids nowadays don't even know who fought against who in WW2, let alone any background. Before that, WW1 must had happened because "1" comes before "2". That's their knowledge.
Well said.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

There are some crazies out there. Its pretty silly but it is likely to never go away. I havent decided if its going to get worse, I’m leaning towards yes.

And well said
Strong and free
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

They're just wishing everybody good luck.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

BC Landlord wrote:I would also blame our education system for things like this. Years ago, they replaced history classes with social studies. It has become more important to teach kids 57+ genders, wokeness and political correctness, than real lessons from history. Kids nowadays don't even know who fought against who in WW2, let alone any background. Before that, WW1 must had happened because "1" comes before "2". That's their knowledge.
When I was in school "social studies" was a thing. We still learned history, and learned about World War 2.

I don't have kids in the school system, but it would be interesting to hear from parents who do and what the kids are learning in social studies.
hail Satan y'all
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

whatwhat wrote:When I was in school "social studies" was a thing. We still learned history, and learned about World War 2.

I don't have kids in the school system, but it would be interesting to hear from parents who do and what the kids are learning in social studies.
Curriculums have changed since then. My kid finished high school two years ago, and she was a good student there. However, her lack of history knowledge was appalling to me. My father fought in the WW2 (on allies side), and I took it upon myself to educate my kid on what should have been learned in school.
Last edited by BC Landlord on May 12th, 2021, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

No need to guess, you can just look it up: https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/curriculum/social-studies
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

JLives wrote:No need to guess, you can just look it up: https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/curriculum/social-studies
Right! Two world wars (the bloodiest time in human history) and the cold war all packed in probably no longer than a week. Mentioning something is not the same as studying. But I bet you, when it comes to ideological stuff, they are far more studious. If you don't believe me, just ask any kid out of high school, what they've learned about it. Sad!
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

Sometimes people do these kinds of things precisely to see who reacts like this.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

oldtrucker wrote:WW2 is the one were they are running around a tropical jungle with the cool soundtrack right? :200
Yeah, ... and poor Japanese got nuked by mean capitalists and white supremacists. Evil!
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

If I may suggest, do your kids a favor, and have them watch this documentary series on Netflix. In a few hours they will learn far more than anything in school on this matter, and better yet, understand how it happened.
WW2 in color.jpg
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

If they are flying those 2 flags im pretty sure they know exactly what they are doing.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Septuagenarian wrote:"Tiki torches, Trump flags, no masks: anti-lockdown protesters march in downtown Calgary"
Sorry, but none of that compares to what Nazis stood for.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Some idiot in rural Alberta is hanging a Confederate and Nazi flag because he wants a reaction. What this has to do with a social studies curriculum, I do not know.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Gilchy wrote:Some idiot in rural Alberta is hanging a Confederate and Nazi flag because he wants a reaction. What this has to do with a social studies curriculum, I do not know.
That was sort of my thought too. I doubt thats a high school students compound.

Return to “Social Concerns”