What does Manhood mean to YOU

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
cb0208

What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by cb0208 »

Hi Everyone,

I am a student at Okanagan College, I am working on an article called, "What does 'manhood' mean to you?" Father's Day is coming up. It would be great to get those who wish to have their responses placed in my article then published on my website.

I am taking my question here to Castanet hoping to get responses from all genders. I hope to hear from ALL genders not just men.

Question is: What does 'manhood' mean to you?

You can either private message me if you are more comfortable doing that or answer me on the board. Either way I would like to hear from you.

Thank you and I hope to get some response for my story! Deadline is due June 14, 2021

Christine
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

I'm not sure the term is relevant or exists anymore.
If it does exist still, my definition from 40 years ago would be totally different than what it would be today.
Manhood....or masculinity, are no longer valued as they are not needed in our soft modern world.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. You and 917 others hate this post.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

Traditionally? Manhood is when a man takes the burdens of his world upon his shoulders and makes it his mission to provide value and service to the world that birthed him. It meant a welcoming into the brotherhood of the world and all the hardship and respect from carrying that burden.

Nowadays? It means being somehow responsibe for everything but appreciated for nothing. It means going into the world blind without guidance or support but still being told about your privileges and how easy you have it by people who know nothing of what they speak. It means being the universal fallguy for every neurotic activist type beating the gaslit war-drum of the week.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

oldtrucker wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 9:13 am I'm not sure the term is relevant or exists anymore.
If it does exist still, my definition from 40 years ago would be totally different than what it would be today.
Manhood....or masculinity, are no longer valued as they are not needed in our soft modern world.

A man that builds a stable family, and a stable business.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

forum wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 10:04 am A man that builds a stable family, and a stable business.
Stability is a illusion... all can be uprooted or lost because of this....
Staredintoabyss wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 10:02 am It means being somehow responsibe for everything but appreciated for nothing. It means going into the world blind without guidance or support but still being told about your privileges and how easy you have it by people who know nothing of what they speak. It means being the universal fallguy for every neurotic activist type beating the gaslit war-drum of the week.
Manhood...it almost seems the very term is a evil thing now as is anything traditionally masculine.
I am a relic of a another time.
This topic....I have typed out a number of paragraphs -all of them I've deleted before posting...It has made me think that maybe I really don't know what it means anymore or what I was taught about it was all wrong.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. You and 917 others hate this post.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

when I read that term I think about Bodice ripper novels
" his rising Manhood"
I never hear that term used now
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
cb0208

Post by cb0208 »

wow, OldTrucker, what a response I would love to read more about your thoughts, your message really got to me :) and worth reading. All other responses are awesome and I hope to receive more from you, your families. All the responses are worthwhile and I appreciate all of them I will be monitoring this a lot. Thank you and keep posting! :up:
BC Landlord
Übergod

Post by BC Landlord »

I think, we should ask women for the definition.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think it's when someone transitions from doing childish things and matures into someone who thinks of the consequences of their actions.

No more "Hold my Beer and watch this!" :D
cb0208

Post by cb0208 »

BC Landlord wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm I think, we should ask women for the definition.
Yes ALL genders are urged to respond!
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

All ? Lol - How many should we be expecting?

...asking for a friend

---------------------------------

Default setting of manhood since the beginning of time: provide & protect.
The adventure continues...
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Social Concerns”