What does Manhood mean to YOU

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
jcdenton
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 836
Joined: Jan 11th, 2021, 11:00 am

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by jcdenton »

To me, a big part of manhood is learning to live independently. Learning to stand on your own, without support from parents etc. Moving out on your own, and not needing help to provide his basic needs. A real man could put food on the table, build a shelter, and support a family, and do anything it takes to protect them.
"iTs jUsT tWo WeEkS tO fLaTtEn tHe CuRvE guYs"
User avatar
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18170
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by alanjh595 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 18th, 2021, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Bring back the LIKE button.
PoplarSoul
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 983
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2021, 12:27 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by PoplarSoul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 18th, 2021, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
jcdenton
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 836
Joined: Jan 11th, 2021, 11:00 am

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by jcdenton »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 18th, 2021, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
"iTs jUsT tWo WeEkS tO fLaTtEn tHe CuRvE guYs"
User avatar
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18170
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by alanjh595 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 18th, 2021, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Bring back the LIKE button.
W105
Guru
Posts: 6982
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 8:46 am

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by W105 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 18th, 2021, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
cb0208
Posts: 39
Joined: Oct 20th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by cb0208 »

sobrohusfat wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 11:47 am
oldtrucker wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 11:17 am .....what is 'grumpy man syndrome'?
I believe the grumpy man syndrome comes when testosterone is lowered in men over 45 years old, the older one gets. Hormones in men can cause moods to fluctuate. Women hit menopause as well and men get andropause.

Either way the older we get the more things aren't running at 100% like when women or males were young!

Some men have gone on hormonal drugs to even it out so their moods can improve.
cb0208
Posts: 39
Joined: Oct 20th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by cb0208 »

jcdenton wrote: Jun 18th, 2021, 11:19 am To me, a big part of manhood is learning to live independently. Learning to stand on your own, without support from parents etc. Moving out on your own, and not needing help to provide his basic needs. A real man could put food on the table, build a shelter, and support a family, and do anything it takes to protect them.
wow I love this!!!
cb0208
Posts: 39
Joined: Oct 20th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by cb0208 »

oldtrucker wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 11:17 am
cb0208 wrote: Jun 11th, 2021, 10:24 pm d) grumpy man syndrome?
Other than describing myself(?) or perhaps gordon(?).....what is 'grumpy man syndrome'?
love this too!!!
cdawson
Posts: 96
Joined: Mar 4th, 2007, 11:07 am

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by cdawson »

I am my father's daughter.

My dad is to this day my hero.

He worked hard to provide, if he didn't know how to achieve something - he taught himself, a habit he purposefully passed onto his children. He always treats my mother as his partner and his equal in every way, and his daughters as well as we grew - I've watched his anger when he felt his family was threatened, I've seen his tears at funerals, and watched him mourn the loss of family pets openly. I've seen him be the goof of the crowd and laugh like there's no tomorrow.

He was as willing to play little girl games with dolls and other toys in the backyard when we were young, as he was to teach us to chop wood, shoot a rifle, how to do for ourselves . Drive us endless miles to competitions, pick up hobbies we developed so he could participate with us. He taught us that family is everything.

That strength isn't being stoic, its being loved and loving back. That it's ok to be fragile , or silly, or upset or ask for help - that its ok to display emotions. It doesn't make you weak to do so in any matter, it makes you stronger. We all need to be needed and valued.

That's what my father's 'manhood' taught me, and I've worked hard to pass that ethos along to my own sons.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33295
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by Glacier »

Manhood means, not doing to this so you can win medals 10 years past your prime... https://globalnews.ca/news/7966713/laur ... ansgender/
User avatar
bb49
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3375
Joined: Jul 16th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by bb49 »

Glacier wrote: Jun 22nd, 2021, 2:11 pm Manhood means, not doing to this so you can win medals 10 years past your prime... https://globalnews.ca/news/7966713/laur ... ansgender/
Well (s)he's sure a failure at manhood.
NO BEIJING 2022

THE TWO MICHAELS. Never forget them.

CHINA. Never forgive them.
User avatar
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 859
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 9:19 am

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by Jim Dixon »

I think it may be to late to reply, but for what it's worth, I think "Manhood" is the same as "Womanhood" except notably of the opposite sex. Both 'hoods' express that either are mature.
For both, it is after the transition of boy to man, girl to woman. Ergo, from childhood to man/woman hood.

*removed*
~j~
Last edited by ferri on Jun 28th, 2021, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 25726
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 28th, 2021, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 859
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 9:19 am

Re: What does Manhood mean to YOU

Post by Jim Dixon »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 28th, 2021, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.

Return to “Social Concerns”