What Should We Do About World Population

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Nothing
23%
Nothing because I don’t believe it’s a problem
33%
Nothing and I have a suggestion below
No votes
Something but I don’t know what to do
13%
Something and I have a suggestion below
30%

Total votes: 30

Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldtrucker
Guru

Re: What Should We Do About World Population

Post by oldtrucker »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jun 18th, 2021, 5:22 pm And I’ve searched and found no specific tread on this, so here we go.
Of course I started a thread on this
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80819&hilit=overpopulation
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. You and 917 others hate this post.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Short of a massive war that doesn't involve nukes or a devastating plague, there is nothing we CAN do.

We're killing off animals and forests at an alarming rate. Famine has been a problem in many countries for decades and we don't care because it hasn't hit us yet... but it will.

We can't keep reproducing like this, but we "have to" because we need to fill up the working and taxable population lol.

Governments don't realize that you can make all the money you want in taxes, but if we kill off all our resources then there won't be a society left to tax.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Form a 'very open borders' trade union with countries that have a 1 kid only policy. No trade or even a phone line open to non participating countries- forcing global compliance. Each country responsible for enforcing a 1 kid only policy within their own borders. China did have it figured out.
Do that for 3 generations until global population is down to under 4 billion.
No culling required.
A lot of people would still want to have big families, so I have no idea of how to go to a system like that without having to go all totalitarian. Maybe a lottery system? I dunno.
Earth is a closed system....not if, it's when the bleep totally hits the wall.
In the time it took me to type this, 1500 more people were added to the planet.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing. You and 917 others hate this post.
BC Landlord
Übergod

Post by BC Landlord »

The nature has its own mechanisms. We (as humanity) need no involvement in that. Otherwise, it would bring up our darkest side. Perhaps, that could be one of those "mechanisms", but I would not prefer such an outcome.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

There is something we can do, with no downside. Educate women.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

JLives wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 9:46 am There is something we can do, with no downside. Educate women.
Education isn't the biggest problem when the church demands that abortion be illegal.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bring back the LIKE button.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Septuagenarian wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 5:55 am So you (or anybody else) could report this thread and leave what to do about it up to the mods if you like.
oldtrucker doesn't report threads.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

BC Landlord wrote: Jun 18th, 2021, 9:19 pm The nature has its own mechanisms. We (as humanity) need no involvement in that. Otherwise, it would bring up our darkest side. Perhaps, that could be one of those "mechanisms", but I would not prefer such an outcome.
So you figure it's okay for everyone on the planet to keep mating like rats unopposed because it might bring out a dark side in us?
Maybe that is what is needed at this point
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Sooner or later something will come along and wipe out a very large percentage (if not all) of human population, it’s only a matter of time.

In few hundred thousand years the oil generated by our body’s will be used or not by whatever comes next.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
WESTman
Übergod

Post by WESTman »

Mass vaccinations that sterilize..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFLyisOfadU&t=55s[/youtube]
"Medical science is making such remarkable progress that soon none of us will be well."
— A. Huxley
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

GordonH wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 4:04 pm Sooner or later something will come along and wipe out a very large percentage (if not all) of human population, it’s only a matter of time.
I really had my hopes up and bets pinned on covid...oh well, maybe next pandemic.
fvkasm2x wrote: Jun 18th, 2021, 5:51 pm Short of a massive war that doesn't involve nukes or a devastating plague, there is nothing we CAN do.
Did you know that even if the ENTIRE nuclear arsenal of NATO was used on China, there would still be over 400 million survivors left in that country? That's including direct weapons effects and long term fallout. Not including starvation or plague. So, even a nuclear war wont cut it.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 4:04 pm Sooner or later something will come along and wipe out a very large percentage (if not all) of human population, it’s only a matter of time.
oldtrucker wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 4:24 pm I really had my hopes up and bets pinned on covid...oh well, maybe next pandemic.
Could be an astroid, since they can’t scan in every direction it maybe a complete surprise.
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan

Return to “Social Concerns”