Back Country Ban

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Boosted632
Übergod

Re: Back Country Ban

Post by Boosted632 »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote: Aug 4th, 2021, 1:08 pm And I know a couple that yes their house survived but the water damage was significant. Insurance would not cover it because it was their actions and not the fire that caused the damage.
And they probably werent covered because they obviously had a pre existing problem with their roof because the whole idea is for it not to leak otherwise we would all be in a world of hurt everytime it rained. I know ive had many a storm that dumps more rain on my roof in 20 minutes than my sprinkler would in a week and guess what no leaks no void insurance no problems lol
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Think whatever you like. I don't really care. Everyone should check with their insurance instead of relying on posters here.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
squash junky
Fledgling

Post by squash junky »

Randall T wrote: Aug 3rd, 2021, 7:38 am
squash junky wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 6:33 pm

That answer does not make sense. please clarify.
. Cedar shake roof, right?
no.
I just wish people who don't have a clue would stop sharing their opinion as fact or knowledge lol but
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boosted632
Übergod

Post by Boosted632 »

Well thats about the worst possible way to use a sprinkler on your roof better not let your insurance company see that. Shooting water up under your shingles is not a smart thing at all lol may as well set one up in the attic to [icon_lol2.gif]
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

You gotta be kidding. Send that picture to your house insurance agent and get their opinion. Just say'in.
I birn quil I se
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Bsuds wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 4:55 pm
ifwisheswerehorses wrote: Jul 21st, 2021, 3:28 am

"Rooftop sprinklers void home insurance. The damage is caused by the home owner not the fire. Better off to let it burn. And to all those out in the back country, bring a shovel and a fire extinguisher. If you can't be bothered you don't belong out there.
Then why is Logan Lake doing this?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... sprinklers

It might be void for water damage but I don't think they would be void for fire damage if it saves homes.
My town is doing the same thing, our fire department and city hall are selling a sprinkler system that attaches to your gutters, the kit comes with two industrial type sprinklers and canvas fire hoses that weep so they’re less likely to melt or burn.
BC Landlord
Übergod

Post by BC Landlord »

I've got four agriculture sprinkles, and a 4" gas pump in my garage ready to be deployed around the perimeter of my house in minutes. Plus, unlimited (25 cubic kilometers) supply of water. When they start spraying over the house, it feels like Noah's Flood. :biggrin:

Return to “Social Concerns”