Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
jade.walters

Re: Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters

Post by jade.walters »

Iamme wrote: Dec 20th, 2021, 2:05 pm With all due respect, people who are not transgender are woman or men. People who are trans are trans men or trans women. Please do not call me a cis woman. Thank you.
it's ok sweetie, i won't call you cisgender c: c: c: its okay if you're sensitive about it c: c: c:
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

jade.walters wrote: Dec 20th, 2021, 3:31 pm
Iamme wrote: Dec 20th, 2021, 2:05 pm With all due respect, people who are not transgender are woman or men. People who are trans are trans men or trans women. Please do not call me a cis woman. Thank you.
it's ok sweetie, i won't call you cisgender c: c: c: its okay if you're sensitive about it c: c: c:
Why is it okay for to offend or disrespect me? I haven’t been disrespectful to you.
Bullying is not acceptable and cowardly. You know who you are.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Iamme wrote: Dec 20th, 2021, 3:57 pm
jade.walters wrote: Dec 20th, 2021, 3:31 pm

Why is it okay for to offend or disrespect me? I haven’t been disrespectful to you.
It's because jade.walters is threatened by you.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

36Drew wrote: Dec 20th, 2021, 3:14 pm
jade.walters wrote: Dec 18th, 2021, 1:20 pm One misconception about the trans community, I find, is that many people believe we simply want everyone who is considering transition to seek medical intervention and transition as quickly as possible. In my experience, this is not true. Many of the people who attend our group are people who are questioning whether they are transgender or not, and as a facilitator of the space, it is not my goal to convince anyone that they are trans-- that would just lead to more problems for that person down the road. Rather, we aim to hold space for that person to talk about how they're feeling, what they're going through, and listen to some other people's experiences, and come to their own conclusions. We also recommend that they perhaps talk to a counselor, therapist, or psychiatrists about these feelings so that they can make an informed decision.
The thing is, your findings are about five years out of date. Kids (and I mean pre-pubescent KIDS) are - with a single interview session - being prescribed puberty blockers (Lupron) and within short order cross-sex hormones. While what you describe seems to be a very rational and longer-term course of action to take... it is no longer the common practice within the medical realm of Canada.
jade.walters wrote: Dec 18th, 2021, 1:20 pmAnother note-- I do not know of any people within my community that vilify detransitioners. In my mind, if someone chooses to detransition, that is their prerogative, and ultimately all that I want for them is to feel comfortable in their skin.
I can name names. Morgane Oger is a pretty vile example of a human being in this regard. I don't know if you consider her to be a part of your "community" or not - but she seems to speak/write as though she's an authority.
jade.walters wrote: Dec 18th, 2021, 1:20 pmAnother misconception I have seen repeatedly is that children are being shuffled through the medical transition process like so many cattle to slaughter. Again, this is not the case. For adults, it is necessary to be diagnosed and receive approval from two medical professionals in order to get on hormones. This isn't surgery, this is just hormone medication, and this is the process for adults. For children, the vetting is far more rigorous, and they are very rarely given access to hormones, much less surgery. Now, if I had of had the option to transition when I was say, 13 or 14, I definitely would have taken the option of seeing doctors and therapists. But I cannot turn back time.
Again, your information is five years out of date. There is virtually no vetting. There is very little discussion, and the mere act of suggesting there are other avenues to explore one's identity - if it could be perceived as non-affirming care - has now just been criminalized. I'm glad I don't have kids in school these days for fear that someone would latch on to their known quirks and attempt to trans-away the gay. All three of my kids would - in this day and age - fit somewhere into the gingerbread-person definition of boyness vs girlness. It's become a rather backwards step to how we deliver gender norms to our kids.

1960 - a woman's place is in the kitchen
1980 - women can do a hella lot more than just cook
2020 - if you're a boy, and you like to cook, that's a trait associated with girls and you just might be one.

(If you really think that last line is a stretch, go read up on the SOGI123 materials before coming back to argue the point)

If you think the above is transphobic - look. As an adult, you do you. At the end of the day, I view you as an adult person who is in touch with your inner self and know what's best for you. Kids - kids are usually quite confused until young adulthood about many things and need the time and room to explore without helicopter-parents-come-gender-clinicians trying to interfere at such a young age. "Gender norms" are hogwash and trying to use them in the way that we are now is just as disgusting as they were 60 years ago.
Jade, notwithstanding your comments to me, which were disrespectful I believe, these are valid points in this discussion. Perhaps the kind of backlash you gave me is why the Trans community isn’t making the strides you want. We’re all adults here. That said, these are fair comments as well and it’d be great if you can provide your feedback. You’re very articulate and it was all good until your childish response. Anyway feel free to chime in again
jade.walters

Post by jade.walters »

Jade, notwithstanding your comments to me, which were disrespectful I believe, these are valid points in this discussion. Perhaps the kind of backlash you gave me is why the Trans community isn’t making the strides you want. We’re all adults here. That said, these are fair comments as well and it’d be great if you can provide your feedback. You’re very articulate and it was all good until your childish response. Anyway feel free to chime in again
i apologize for my comment-- i was answering from a place of spite because I don't understand the backlash people receive for using the word 'cisgender,' particularly in a conversation such as this where clarity on these topics is necessary. Please note that this thread is about a book widely understood as anti-trans propaganda by our community, which even implies that the act of transition is "irreversible damage" in the title. As such, entering into discussion on this topic as the sole trans person commenting in this thread does not necessarily feel like entering a neutral playing field.

regarding the above post regarding children receiving hormone blockers (aka Lupron) after one doctors visit, i would really like to see more evidence to support these claims. like i said previously, i frequently speak with transgender youth and am colleagues with people who are paid to provide support for trans youth, and this is not something I have encountered. Some sources I would consider trustworthy would be British Columbia's guidelines for administration of these drugs, as well as the 7th edition of the WPATH Standards of Care, as these resources are the guiding principles for medical workers in our locale today.

The Pacific Health Services Authority states that blockers can only be administrated when youth have displayed a "long-lasting and intense pattern of gender non-conformity or gender dysphoria; gender dysphoria emerged or worsened with the onset of puberty; [and that] coexisting psychological, medical, or social problems, if any, are stable enough to start treatment." These safeguards exist so that children cannot enter into this treatment as an act of impulse or instability, and must show that the pattern of their gender dysphoria has existed as a "long-lasting and intense pattern." As such, I don't agree with the above posts implication that children can receive same-day prescriptions of Lupron against doctors' better judgement. Additionally, the administration of these drugs is to be monitored by both the chuld's GP and an endocrinologist to ensure the safety of the child involved.

i would comment further on this, but have to head out to work at the moment, and as such will check back later. for those who would like to seek out the resources which govern our healthcare system's approach to gender dysphoria in children and adolescents, I would point them in the direction of pages 10-21 of the WPATH Standards of Care, 7th Edition.

again, apologies for sowing conflict earlier instead of discussion-- i think it is important for these matters to be discussed with everyone, and should have thought before posting that.
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

I appreciate your apology. As a woman, cis is not necessary since even you identify as a Trans woman. What is the purpose of erasing ‘women’ by giving us a made up term. That’s what I don’t get. I’m not upset. I have my pov as you do. Anyway, in the words of moderators :topic: lol
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I'm not taking anything away from one of the above posters that consider themselves trans, but things are getting out of hand.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/29/transgend ... inal-meet/
Transgender swimmer Lia Thomas’ teammates considered boycotting final meet in protest

These women athletes are upset due to a guy who calls himself a woman and is permitted to compete as a woman.
He/she is of course breaking records in every womens meet he competes in.
They want to speak up but are afraid of the negative backlash by woke universities.

This whole issue is out of control.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Having raised two kids, now adults, can assure you that the more a parent rails against an activity, the more attractive it becomes.
Teens are hard wired to establish the fact that they are not their parents, and sexual & drug experimentation is an attractive avenue for this differentiation.
Do not have much to offer in the way of reducing this kind of experimentation except that the more forbidden you make something the more attractive it will become.
We're lost but we're making good time.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

I Think wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 10:05 am Having raised two kids, now adults, can assure you that the more a parent rails against an activity, the more attractive it becomes.
Teens are hard wired to establish the fact that they are not their parents, and sexual & drug experimentation is an attractive avenue for this differentiation.
Do not have much to offer in the way of reducing this kind of experimentation except that the more forbidden you make something the more attractive it will become.
I'd add, teens are also hard-wired to seek attention while they are not particularly experienced with giving serious consideration to long-term consequences.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

rustled wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 12:40 pm
I Think wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 10:05 am Having raised two kids, now adults, can assure you that the more a parent rails against an activity, the more attractive it becomes.
I'd add, teens are also hard-wired to seek attention while they are not particularly experienced with giving serious consideration to long-term consequences.
Girls/women have little sense of the future consequences of their present actions until they reach about 22, boys/men until they reach 28 +/-. It varies of course, but I believe it is tied to the survival of the species. EG the young stallion is desperate to add to the gene pool, but if he considers getting gored by the old bull, he will be paralyzed with fear.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

I Think wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 1:16 pm
rustled wrote: Dec 30th, 2021, 12:40 pm

Girls/women have little sense of the future consequences of their present actions until they reach about 22, boys/men until they reach 28 +/-. It varies of course, but I believe it is tied to the survival of the species. EG the young stallion is desperate to add to the gene pool, but if he considers getting gored by the old bull, he will be paralyzed with fear.
Bit of a mixed metaphor (with stallions and bulls involved!) but I agree with your point!
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Perhaps instead of trying to shield our kids from gender/lifestyle issues, we might take them to places where these people hang out in groups, let them see up close who, where, what and why..
I don't care which way they want to play, but the removed. always seem a bit off to me, not sure what it is they are trying to prove, but they often seem to be trying to impress me and others with their gayness and their right to be anything they want.
Why they think it should matter to me is beyond my imagination.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Jan 1st, 2022, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: slur removed.
jade.walters

Post by jade.walters »

I Think wrote: Dec 31st, 2021, 2:08 pm I don't care which way they want to play, but the gay trans folks always seem a bit off to me, not sure what it is they are trying to prove, but they often seem to be trying to impress me and others with their gayness and their right to be anything they want.
Sounds like your problem with trans people has more to do with you than, well, actual trans people.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

The best part will be when trans run stores refuse to serve bigots based on their beliefs .
Whats good for the gander will be karma for the goose [icon_lol2.gif]
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .

Return to “Social Concerns”