Break it Up! Too Much Power at Facebook

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
nucksRnum1
Übergod

Break it Up! Too Much Power at Facebook

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Bit by bit Facebook is having to become accountable for its platform. Australia - Europe and now their home country.

Septuagenarian
Übergod

Re: Break it Up! Too Much Power at Facebook

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

Septuagenarian wrote: Aug 24th, 2021, 6:45 am Just ignore it and it'll go away.
Easily done, just don’t become a member. Since I am not... I don’t give a damn.
Come on Supreme Court of Canada step up and do Your Job.

"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

:popcorn:
Come on Supreme Court of Canada step up and do Your Job.

"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

That's the funny thing, I think it's already on the way out. A few years ago, having a FB was like having a driver's license - everybody had one, even though they might not be using it all the time. You could search for just about anybody and could find their profile.

Now I see more and more people dropping it. And most younger people. There are more older people now on Facebook, and younger ones are starting to move away from it.

I honestly think that FB got too big, and with all the politics around it, people are getting sick of it. Sick of privacy issues, sick of politics like who can say what on Facebook. The other day one of my friend's meme was censored because it wasn't accurate. Like, that's a meme. It's supposed to be funny, not accurate. But FB now sticking its nose into everything from what people post, to what people can talk, who can post because some people are getting banned for saying things they're not allowed, apparently.

I still use it but mostly through Instagram - I post pictures and they get mirrored on FB. But that's about it...It's too bad though, it was very convenient to communicate with people. You meet somebody, you FB them, you start chatting, get to know each other, etc.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 4th, 2021, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bb49
Lord of the Board

Post by bb49 »

GordonH wrote: Aug 24th, 2021, 7:16 am
Easily done, just don’t become a member. Since I am not... I don’t give a damn.
:up:
Facebook?
Still haven't been able to come up with a reason to join it.
NO BEIJING 2022

THE TWO MICHAELS. Never forget them.

CHINA. Never forgive them.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Facebook was great at one point in time, it was a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, see what they're up to, tell some jokes. Now its turned into a platform to spread misinformation and political ideologies, just another thing that a some people had to take the enjoyment out of.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 24th, 2021, 5:12 pm Facebook was great at one point in time, it was a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, see what they're up to, tell some jokes. Now its turned into a platform to spread misinformation and political ideologies, just another thing that a some people had to take the enjoyment out of.
I see very little of that on FB. I see only my friends and family and if any of them spout that :cuss: I either unfriend or unfollow them.

I see more of that crap on here than there.
BC Landlord
Übergod

Post by BC Landlord »

OKkayak wrote: Aug 24th, 2021, 5:12 pm Facebook was great at one point in time, it was a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, see what they're up to, tell some jokes. Now its turned into a platform to spread misinformation and political ideologies, just another thing that a some people had to take the enjoyment out of.
Hear, hear ... ! :up:

Return to “Social Concerns”