Vax Passport tip

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Jonrox
Guru
Posts: 9022
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by Jonrox »

rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 8:52 am
Jonrox wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 8:42 am
I was out and about all weekend and have to say things looked pretty "normal" and I saw no sign of us now living in a segregated society. There were people EVERYWHERE... just like there was prior to the vaxxports going into effect.

This whole "segregation" narrative seems to fall apart when you leave the house and have a look around.

Also, I still haven't used mine once yet (other than trying out the scanning app myself).
While it's not my place to convince others to see what they seem to prefer not to see, it seems to me that to not "see" any sign of segregation, we'd have to purposefully ignore how the vaxport is fully intended to keep unvaccinated people out of non-essential services in order to give what Horgan calls "a sense of comfort" to those who are enjoying those non-essential services. I realize for some, this won't meet their preferred definitions of "segregation" or "scapegoating".
I didn't suggest you were trying to convince me. I also didn't purposefully ignore anything. I was simply sharing my observations after a weekend of being out and about. I saw a lot of people running errands, shopping, enjoying being outside, etc...

They're simply my observations of what I saw people doing and how busy it was... nothing more, nothing less. I saw no evidence of segregation - I physically didn't see it happening with my own eyes.

If you're reading more into what I'm saying and making an assumption of what I am or am not ignoring, then that's on you.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19185
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by rustled »

Jonrox wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 9:58 am
rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 8:52 am

While it's not my place to convince others to see what they seem to prefer not to see, it seems to me that to not "see" any sign of segregation, we'd have to purposefully ignore how the vaxport is fully intended to keep unvaccinated people out of non-essential services in order to give what Horgan calls "a sense of comfort" to those who are enjoying those non-essential services. I realize for some, this won't meet their preferred definitions of "segregation" or "scapegoating".
I didn't suggest you were trying to convince me. I also didn't purposefully ignore anything. I was simply sharing my observations after a weekend of being out and about. I saw a lot of people running errands, shopping, enjoying being outside, etc...

They're simply my observations of what I saw people doing and how busy it was... nothing more, nothing less. I saw no evidence of segregation - I physically didn't see it happening with my own eyes.

If you're reading more into what I'm saying and making an assumption of what I am or am not ignoring, then that's on you.
So if we don't actually see some people being banned from entering an establishment, we can say we don't "see" that they are being banned from entering an establishment. Interesting.
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19185
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by rustled »

Fancy wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 9:36 am I downsized mine to business card size - worked perfectly.
Great! Thanks, Fancy. I think that's what I'll do. The one that came in the mail is the size of a business envelope - sure to get too wrinkled to scan.
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
Jonrox
Guru
Posts: 9022
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by Jonrox »

rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 1:06 pm So if we don't actually see some people being banned from entering an establishment, we can say we don't "see" that they are being banned from entering an establishment. Interesting.
I'm not sure why you put "see" in quotation marks. If I didn't see anyone being turned away, then it kinda makes sense to say I didn't see it happen.

So when I say I didn't see it, I really didn't see it. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about why I didn't see it happen.

I'm just sharing my observations.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19185
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by rustled »

Jonrox wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 2:04 pm
rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 1:06 pm So if we don't actually see some people being banned from entering an establishment, we can say we don't "see" that they are being banned from entering an establishment. Interesting.
I'm not sure why you put "see" in quotation marks. I literally didn't see anyone get turned away from any establishments. So when I say I didn't see it, I really didn't see it. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions about why I didn't see it happen.

I'm just sharing my observations.
I doubt you're unable to understand why the first see isn't in scare quotes, and the second one is. It's not necessary for us to draw conclusions, simple to observe.

We likely all understand how the vaccine passports promulgate a politically useful form of segregation and promulgate divisiveness - whether we see people getting turned away from establishments or not.
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
User avatar
Pappywinkle
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16390
Joined: Nov 7th, 2019, 10:52 am

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by Pappywinkle »

rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 8:52 am I realize for some, this won't meet their preferred definitions of "segregation" or "scapegoating".
"Preferred" as in according to a dictionary?
The best part about the 'twitter files' is where Tucker Carlson asks Hunter Biden to help his kid get into college.

Some right wingers definitely have a secret folder full of naked Hunter Biden photos.
Jonrox
Guru
Posts: 9022
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by Jonrox »

rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 2:12 pm I doubt you're unable to understand why the first see isn't in scare quotes, and the second one is. It's not necessary for us to draw conclusions, simple to observe.

We likely all understand how the vaccine passports promulgate a politically useful form of segregation and promulgate divisiveness - whether we see people getting turned away from establishments or not.
All I did was share my observations.

It seems you're making some assumptions on what I do or don't see or understand though. I know you don't appreciate when other people make assumptions about things you say, so I'd appreciate the same level of courtesy from you. I legitimately don't understand why you put "see" in quotes though, so if you want to explain then I'm more than willing to listen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19185
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by rustled »

Jonrox wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 2:24 pm
rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 2:12 pm I doubt you're unable to understand why the first see isn't in scare quotes, and the second one is. It's not necessary for us to draw conclusions, simple to observe.

We likely all understand how the vaccine passports promulgate a politically useful form of segregation and promulgate divisiveness - whether we see people getting turned away from establishments or not.
All I did was share my observations.

It seems you're making some assumptions on what I do or don't see or understand though. I know you don't appreciate when other people make assumptions about things you say, so I'd appreciate the same level of courtesy from you. I legitimately don't understand why you put "see" in quotes though, so if you want to explain then I'm more than willing to listen.
Jonrox wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 8:42 am
rustled wrote: Sep 19th, 2021, 4:04 pm The segregation rule seems rather obviously more about forcing compliance than it is about protecting my elderly parent, whose vaccine protection is likely now waning.
I was out and about all weekend and have to say things looked pretty "normal" and I saw no sign of us now living in a segregated society. There were people EVERYWHERE... just like there was prior to the vaxxports going into effect.

This whole "segregation" narrative seems to fall apart when you leave the house and have a look around.
Yup, we get it, Jonrox. All you did was share your observations. ;)
:topic:
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
User avatar
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17110
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by MAPearce »

They're simply my observations of what I saw people doing and how busy it was... nothing more, nothing less. I saw no evidence of segregation - I physically didn't see it happening with my own eyes
Did you go to a restaurant or pub ?

How about a Rockets pre season game ?

I'm sure if you looked hard enough , you'll find the segregation you say isn't there ...

Remember that it starts with " Can I see your proof of vaccination card " ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 52287
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 5:19 pm
They're simply my observations of what I saw people doing and how busy it was... nothing more, nothing less. I saw no evidence of segregation - I physically didn't see it happening with my own eyes
Did you go to a restaurant or pub ?

How about a Rockets pre season game ?

I'm sure if you looked hard enough , you'll find the segregation you say isn't there ...

Remember that it starts with " Can I see your proof of vaccination card " ?
Exactly. Unless you are observing somewhere that requires the Passport you will not see any segregation.

You don't need one to be out in Public or for most stores so why would anyone notice any different.

Seniors center was turning people away that either did not have a passport or it did not scan properly
Hafa adai
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19185
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by rustled »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 5:28 pm
MAPearce wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 5:19 pm

Did you go to a restaurant or pub ?

How about a Rockets pre season game ?

I'm sure if you looked hard enough , you'll find the segregation you say isn't there ...

Remember that it starts with " Can I see your proof of vaccination card " ?
Exactly. Unless you are observing somewhere that requires the Passport you will not see any segregation.

You don't need one to be out in Public or for most stores so why would anyone notice any different.

Seniors center was turning people away that either did not have a passport or it did not scan properly
Turning them away from entering to do what, do you know?

As I understand it, the card the clinic gave us should work until next week. (Maybe I got that wrong.) Probably best to bring both for now, if it's still useful?
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
User avatar
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17110
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by MAPearce »

Exactly. Unless you are observing somewhere that requires the Passport you will not see any segregation.
Yeup .. But I guess I'll save thick this year ..

I spend a deuce a game to see the Rocket's play the Royals (family of 4) and now I can put that in the bank ..

Sad part is I have to listen to the Rockets play by play guy on the radio........

Better than nothing .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 52287
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by Bsuds »

rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 5:32 pm
Turning them away from entering to do what, do you know?
Anyone entering the building is required to have proof of vaccination. For anything in the Bldg.

That is a requirement of the Society.
Hafa adai
rustled
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19185
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by rustled »

Bsuds wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 5:40 pm
rustled wrote: Sep 20th, 2021, 5:32 pm
Turning them away from entering to do what, do you know?
Anyone entering the building is required to have proof of vaccination. For anything in the Bldg.

That is a requirement of the Society.
Thx. :130:
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
Jonrox
Guru
Posts: 9022
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Vax Passport tip

Post by Jonrox »

It seems like a lot of people don’t understand what the word segregation means. There were unvaccinated people all around me and I’m vaccinated. They were everywhere I was and weren’t separated from me in any way.

Return to “Social Concerns”