Careful out there "they" will getcha

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Careful out there "they" will getcha

Post by MAPearce »

PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 11:30 am
MAPearce wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 11:24 am In our shop , "Bro" , "Buddy" , Dude or Pal won't hurt anyone's feelings ..
Predominantly male on the floor but in the office , no ..Our administrator is ok with being a "Bro" " Buddy' or dude ..
Go to work tomorrow and call your manager "you handsome boy" or "sweet little buddy" and see what happens?
Ok ....

Why not come with me and find out what happens ?

I'm there at 6:05 am
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

If this B.S. about hurt feelings was around in the 70's, 80's into the 2000's I would be a rich man! I am not saying employee abuse does not exist and when it does it needs to be addressed BUT........the system is now set up to be taken advantage of.......and it is.

Where I worked........someone, be it a manager or co-worker would walk into a room with a bunch of employees and call out........"hey :cuss: hole"..........the whole room would look up! Nobody started to cry........ever.

Our court system is truly out of control........especially when a murder conviction can be reduced to 3 years. It appears "sticks and stones" can be a rewarding career option today.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 11:30 am Go to work tomorrow and call your manager "you handsome boy" or "sweet little buddy" and see what happens?
I think she would look at me funny and ask if I'm ok. [icon_lol2.gif]
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

JagXKR wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 3:49 pm
PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 11:30 am Go to work tomorrow and call your manager "you handsome boy" or "sweet little buddy" and see what happens?
I think she would look at me funny and ask if I'm ok. [icon_lol2.gif]
Our OA would put me on leave I didn't drop an F bomb in there somewhere ..

I'd have to be sick not to .....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

How does somebody choosing what they want to be called remotely affect anyone? Do they also get offended when celebrities choose to be called something other than their real names?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am How about replacing any and all pronouns with the persons' name?
Would it be only their legal name allowed? Or can they choose what name to be called? I mean, can Robert choose to be called Bob? Can Steven choose to be called Steve? Can someone choose to go by their middle name? Can someone choose to go by their nickname?

I’m just wondering if you envision people being allowed to choose what they’re called.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Jonrox wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 5:25 pm How does somebody choosing what they want to be called remotely affect anyone? Do they also get offended when celebrities choose to be called something other than their real names?
Sometimes , when the going gets tough the tough don't bother with that crap ..

Ever been in a situation where you needed something or someone really fast ? I don't GAF if your name is Steve , Kevin ,Stuart or "They" ... Move it .
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Jonrox wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 5:28 pm
ifwisheswerehorses wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 10:01 am How about replacing any and all pronouns with the persons' name?
Would it be only their legal name allowed? Or can they choose what name to be called? I mean, can Robert choose to be called Bob? Can Steven choose to be called Steve? Can someone choose to go by their middle name? Can someone choose to go by their nickname?

I’m just wondering if you envision people being allowed to choose what they’re called.
I'm not envisioning anything. Just seems to make sense that a persons' name be used if pronouns are going to be this difficult. I don't see the problem. If Robert wants to be Bob so be it but, if you use Bob and he asks for Robert to be used you better do it. Where is the issue?
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 10:55 pmIf Robert wants to be Bob so be it but, if you use Bob and he asks for Robert to be used you better do it. Where is the issue?
That's the meat of it right there, the thirty thousand dollar statement. The bar manager is guilty of harassment, and management should have acted on Mr. Nelson's complaint in some way other than firing him. Done deal, get your cheque book out Mr. Buono.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote: Oct 3rd, 2021, 10:55 pm If Robert wants to be Bob so be it but, if you use Bob and he asks for Robert to be used you better do it. Where is the issue?
This is exactly the point. If someone wants to be called "they" or "them" it's no different than Robert asking to be called "Robert" instead of "Bob" or vice-versa. Folks who think it's difficult to use the requested pronouns are the ones being difficult. It's as easy as calling Robert by the name he prefers.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

As an employer or manager, there are certain things you have to get right. Workplace safety. Human rights. Labour laws. Everything that's expected of an employer in these areas is laid out. And if you have a question or don't understand how the above applies in your workplace, you can call and ask. There's really no excuse.

Mess up any of the above and it'll cost you. Maybe your job, maybe some money, maybe your business. These are the risks of sitting in the big chair. Not everyone is cut out for it.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

BUMP

Using correct pronouns matter. Really matters as in, teach your kids that there are now "they" and use it if requested, asked, demanded etc. BECAUSE the school that cares is going to act on a complaint. Don't believe it? Try Wisconsin, USA. These are three teenagers who did not grasp that "they" is the new word. But I'll bet they are not the only ones. And repeatedly calling something that someone repeatedly asks not to be called is called harrassment by any other name, it is harrassing a person.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/middle-schoo ... r-pronouns

"..."(The investigating principal) said he’s being allegedly charged with sexual harassment for not using proper pronouns," Rabidoux said. "I thought it wasn’t real. I thought this has got to be a gag, a joke – one has nothing to do with the other."

Now her son and two other boys are being charged by school officials with Title IV violations, which prohibits gender-based harassment.

The incident in question reportedly took place in March, when a student announced a preference of "they" and "them" to identify them...."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

'They" may be looking for other work. When companies like Netflix start doing poorly and realize that the bottom line is more important than pronouns, they issue the following warnings. Netflix is also cutting back on woke content. Hopefully they can line in some better content while they are at it.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/netflix-t ... ture-memo/
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Oct 2nd, 2021, 10:18 pm Server Wins $30K Ruling After Being Fired For Asking Staff To Use Correct Pronouns

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/sma ... li=AAggNb9
correct pronouns are what i decide they are as in its non of anyone's biz to be addressing someone other than how they want in a work situation.
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And what is being played out in Wisconsin, is that not using correct pronouns is the same as sexual harrassment.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”