Justice for Ahmaud Arbery didnt start off as a crime of murder

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Justice for Ahmaud Arbery didnt start off as a crime of murder

Post by the truth »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:46 pm I feel so discriminated against.

My life is so hard because of colored folks.

What will I do to get ahead in life!?
exactly, everyone blames someone else for there problem,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

the truth wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:50 pm
Even Steven wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:46 pm I feel so discriminated against.

My life is so hard because of colored folks.

What will I do to get ahead in life!?
exactly, everyone blames someone else for there problem,
I guess you don't know what sarcasm is. I feel zero discrimination.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

cv23 wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 10:56 am Yet there is an NAACP and no NAAWP, a Black Miss America Pageant but no White Miss America Pageant, it's fine to be vocally proud of being a Black American Native American Hispanic American Asian American but not a White American, statues of white heroes who founded and built America are torn down while a statue of a black criminal is erected, and the list goes on and on.
Seems like discrimination of white people by those of color in America is just as much a problem.
What does Miss America Pageant has to do with Mr. Arbery's murder?
:popcorn:
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

Nice to see so many posters still wrapping their hatred in silk and calling it beautiful.

Hate is never beautiful and you are always gonna be ugly when you wear it no matter what you dress it up as.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

bb49 wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 11:29 am
Maybe because whites don't play the victim card.
They don't live the victim experience, that's for sure.

As a white Canadian male, I've never experienced discrimination, oppression, or racism in any meaningful way. I feel like I should just keep my mouth shut on the subject.

That doesn't stop everyone though.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

the truth wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:37 pm
they are currently the most systematically discriminated against
Yes, we really need to find a way to help white people get a fair shake in this country.

White folk in the expensive homes in the hills above Kelowna. White CEO's. Maybe even a white Prime Minister!

One day.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Nov 24th, 2021, 10:30 pm Though the justice system appeared to work after the three white men who shot and killed Ahmaud Arbery were found guilty of felony murder, MSNBC’s Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber explains how it nearly failed in this case.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/njKJqpEd5TQ[/youtube]
Crazy, I know, but the topic is that this incident didn't start off as a crime of murder, so I'll return to it.

We have father, son, and neighbor, all white, chasing down a young black man running through their neighborhood wearing shorts, a "T" shirt and runners. (cloths people use to get exercise running in)

The father is a former cop and a former DA's investigator, the son is in the Coast Guard (apparently they have some type of "peace officer" status). The neighbor works in a hardware store.

I provide the employment info to point out that in the least the father should have some understanding of the law and maybe the son.

There are neighborhood rumors that there have been many thefts in the recent past. Further investigation doesn't bear this out.

There is a house under construction and the victim Arbery was captured on video walking through the house, no indication he took anything. Also others were on video looking through the house under construction. They were white.

The law.... a citizen can place someone under "citizen's arrest" if there find that person committing a criminal offense. (I believe in this jurisdiction it must be a felony offense [we don't have felonies in Canada] )

The key is FOUND COMMITTING. Not suspected of committing.

These three geniuses chase down this young man in two pickup trucks and accost him, a tussle breaks out and the son shoots the young black man three times with a shot gun.

There is what appears to be a cover up. The "word on the street" is that the black kid was caught stealing, fought and was killed. Two DAs refuse to charge anyone for the death, the second goes so far as ordering the police not to arrest the father.

In selecting the jury in a jurisdiction that is approximately 55% black 19 black prospective jurors are preempted. The final jury of 12 is made up of 11 whites and 1 black.

Those are the facts, you can make up your own mind on the validity of the delay in charging, the selection of the jury, etc.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

my5cents wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 9:49 am In selecting the jury in a jurisdiction that is approximately 55% black 19 black prospective jurors are preempted. The final jury of 12 is made up of 11 whites and 1 black.
The jury is selected by both prosecution and defense sides, just FYI.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 9:59 am
my5cents wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 9:49 am In selecting the jury in a jurisdiction that is approximately 55% black 19 black prospective jurors are preempted. The final jury of 12 is made up of 11 whites and 1 black.
The jury is selected by both prosecution and defense sides, just FYI.
Yup, which proves the jury system works, even for 17 year olds.
Last edited by Babba_not_Gump on Nov 28th, 2021, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JayByrd wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 8:15 am
the truth wrote: Nov 27th, 2021, 4:37 pm
they are currently the most systematically discriminated against
Yes, we really need to find a way to help white people get a fair shake in this country.

White folk in the expensive homes in the hills above Kelowna. White CEO's. Maybe even a white Prime Minister!

One day.

your hate is pretty clear, let me guess there is no poverty in the white community, and you help people at your job :200: :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 9:59 am The jury is selected by both prosecution and defense sides, just FYI.
Oh, yes, well aware of it. Just who do you think used their peremptory challenges to eliminate the blacks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... jury-race/
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 9:59 am The jury is selected by both prosecution and defense sides, just FYI.
Oh, yes, well aware of it. Just who do you think used their peremptory challenges to eliminate the blacks.

cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

my5cents wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 10:30 am

So a mutually agreed on predominately white jury unanimously convicts white defendants of the murder of a person of color.
Do you think the verdict would have been different if the jury had been predominantly colored and why?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

cv23 wrote: Nov 28th, 2021, 11:27 am So a mutually agreed on predominately white jury unanimously convicts white defendants of the murder of a person of color.
Do you think the verdict would have been different if the jury had been predominantly colored and why?
Peremptory challenges aren't mutually agreed upon.

A jury should reflect the community, that is the intent of the jury system. In this case, fortunately even with the racially biased jury the three were convicted anyway.

The low life defence lawyers did their best, to bring even more race into it, complaining about a black pastor in the gallery, stating the victim didn't have socks on (common for some runners) and had dirty toe nails.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/18/us/black ... index.html

Return to “Social Concerns”