Legal Cannabis Sales Winning

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
cv23
Guru

Re: Legal Cannabis Sales Winning

Post by cv23 »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 1:16 pm
cv23 wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 11:37 am
Stores(?) on First Nation land are blackmarket and a huge part of the problem as they don't have Canadian government approval.
This quote implies all first nation land has non permit stores which is untrue . I proved it isnt true .
Let me re-phase then;
The majority of cannabis Stores(?) on First Nation land in the Okanagan Valley land, primarily Vernon, are illegal blackmarket operations and a huge part of the problem as they don't have any Provincial or Federal government approval to be operating.

Hopefully this makes everyone happy.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

cv23 wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 1:40 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 1:16 pm

This quote implies all first nation land has non permit stores which is untrue . I proved it isnt true .
Let me re-phase then;
The majority of cannabis Stores(?) on First Nation land in the Okanagan Valley land, primarily Vernon, are illegal blackmarket operations and a huge part of the problem as they don't have any Provincial or Federal government approval to be operating.

Hopefully this makes everyone happy.
So a small segment is attempting to do their own thing . I agree it is a problem that should be fixed by the govt working with first nations to bring them into compliance .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

New poll shows more people use cannabis than tobacco in the US now

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/08/2 ... ad-vpx.cnn
Harm Reduction Is Cool
0g0p0g0
Fledgling

Post by 0g0p0g0 »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 1:57 pm So a small segment is attempting to do their own thing . I agree it is a problem that should be fixed by the govt working with first nations to bring them into compliance .
You mean like residential schools? Get those natives in compliance on their own land?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Legal Cannabis Sales Winning :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

0g0p0g0 wrote: Aug 24th, 2022, 9:55 am
captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 3rd, 2022, 1:57 pm So a small segment is attempting to do their own thing . I agree it is a problem that should be fixed by the govt working with first nations to bring them into compliance .
You mean like residential schools? Get those natives in compliance on their own land?
No , at one of the bc cannibis stores i go , there is a fn guy working there and his reserve he says has some of the non govt approved shops and the problem is it is outside people using people on his reserve to make money that are not from there or even first nations .

He says its mainly organized crime types doing most of the running of these places. That is the problem i am getting at . Organized crime . And if you look at the place in williams lake , they got permission to grow and sell direct to us from the feds which is who really is in charge of reserve lands as far as canada and govts are concerned .

I would love to see cannabis products bring wealth and opportunaty to first nation reserves but not if organised crime is involved . Anyways that is my take from what i was told .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 24th, 2022, 11:48 am No , at one of the bc cannibis stores i go , there is a fn guy working there and his reserve he says has some of the non govt approved shops and the problem is it is outside people using people on his reserve to make money that are not from there or even first nations .

He says its mainly organized crime types doing most of the running of these places. That is the problem i am getting at . Organized crime . And if you look at the place in williams lake , they got permission to grow and sell direct to us from the feds which is who really is in charge of reserve lands as far as canada and govts are concerned .

I would love to see cannabis products bring wealth and opportunaty to first nation reserves but not if organised crime is involved . Anyways that is my take from what i was told .
So why do bands issue business licenses to these supposed "organized crime" outlets to operate on reserve land? The bands are actually supporting these businesses by quasi-legitimizing them with business licenses.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

cv23 wrote: Aug 24th, 2022, 12:32 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Aug 24th, 2022, 11:48 am No , at one of the bc cannibis stores i go , there is a fn guy working there and his reserve he says has some of the non govt approved shops and the problem is it is outside people using people on his reserve to make money that are not from there or even first nations .

So why do bands issue business licenses to these supposed "organized crime" outlets to operate on reserve land? The bands are actually supporting these businesses by quasi-legitimizing them with business licenses.
I dont know , i never been to any of those stores. I support the licenced ones when i do buy since i grow my own because it is easy . What the reserves do is their biz but i would warn any that thinks getting mixed up with organized crime is the way to go because all they care about is filling their pockets .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

All they care about is filling their pockets.

Yup. look what this guy said about prices being "too low" for cannabis. It's going to take a whole generation to get prices back to normal.

Wait, they are talking about inter-generational drug use. That one generation just leads to another of users. Sad isn't it.

But get those prices back up folks!

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... e-says-CEO

The head of Ontario's cannabis distributor says the "race to the bottom" happening with pot prices risks hurting the market's future.

Ontario Cannabis Store chief executive David Lobo says when consumers get used to paying lower prices, it can take a generation to change their perception and convince people to pay more again.

In an economy where inflation is stubbornly high and raising the costs of most consumer goods, he says the industry can't keep pushing lower.

Lobo says the OCS is doing its part in fighting the race to the bottom with a forthcoming plan to lower its margins, which he estimates could hand $60 million to licensed pot producers next year.

Since recreational cannabis was legalized in 2018, pot producers have been dropping prices to fight the illicit market, where weed is much cheaper and sellers operate outside restrictions imposed on the legal market.

Statistics Canada said a gram of legal cannabis cost $10.29 on average in 2019, whereas the OCS had some dried flower products selling for under $4 this week.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Social Concerns”