Government announces rent increases for 2023

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
BC Landlord
Guru

Re: Government announces rent increases for 2023

Post by BC Landlord »

Queen K wrote: Sep 15th, 2022, 3:02 pm So glad I have owned since 1995 :up: But ya, good advice for people who do not.
Not that the advice would help very much, since pretty much all landlords do credit checks nowadays. So, it would come up, no matter what. It only costs a few bucks per check, but it's money well spent. No wonder why some tenant activist groups are all up in arms against landlords using credit checks. It just makes it next to impossible for bad renters to cheat their way into tenancies.
0g0p0g0
Fledgling

Post by 0g0p0g0 »

The market is going to decide everything for everyone.

Rent is not going up. Its going down. Lots of empty houses about to hit the market into 2023.

Bankrupcies of 2nd, 3rd homes etc will provide. The phoney system has crashed. Anyone that holds does so at their own peril. Interest rates are DOUBLING from here - both central banks in Canada and USA have flat out said so. No guessing required. 2023 is going to be a thrill ride.

If you bought high thinking it was the path to riches, well, lets see. But no one here makes the rules as they seem to think they do. No one here is a big fish though a few think they are. The REITS etc will buy bankruptcies, increase their portfolios and sell the debt as investment products on the market. As they always have. Rentals will be everywhere. ANd its not because they are so big or corrupt, but they know how to play the game. The small frys dont. This forum displays that complete lack of facts and knowledge.

Kelowna had a little boom for no reason beyond covid money and spill over from Vancouvers money laundering. Not a smart thing to jump into but whatever. Tons of people sold off and moved. No one is moving in anymore. The covid rush was a temp blip.

But hey I'm just some guy too. Time is going to tell. No one ranting here will change whats coming.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

0g0p0g0 wrote: Sep 15th, 2022, 5:46 pm The market is going to decide everything for everyone.

Rent is not going up. Its going down. Lots of empty houses about to hit the market into 2023.

Bankrupcies of 2nd, 3rd homes etc will provide. The phoney system has crashed. Anyone that holds does so at their own peril. Interest rates are DOUBLING from here - both central banks in Canada and USA have flat out said so. No guessing required. 2023 is going to be a thrill ride.

If you bought high thinking it was the path to riches, well, lets see. But no one here makes the rules as they seem to think they do. No one here is a big fish though a few think they are. The REITS etc will buy bankruptcies, increase their portfolios and sell the debt as investment products on the market. As they always have. Rentals will be everywhere. ANd its not because they are so big or corrupt, but they know how to play the game. The small frys dont. This forum displays that complete lack of facts and knowledge.

Kelowna had a little boom for no reason beyond covid money and spill over from Vancouvers money laundering. Not a smart thing to jump into but whatever. Tons of people sold off and moved. No one is moving in anymore. The covid rush was a temp blip.

But hey I'm just some guy too. Time is going to tell. No one ranting here will change whats coming.
That's a lot of prophecies, in between "The market is going to decide ..." in the first sentence, and the "Time is going to tell" at the end of your post.
0g0p0g0
Fledgling

Post by 0g0p0g0 »

BC Landlord wrote: Sep 15th, 2022, 7:02 pm
0g0p0g0 wrote: Sep 15th, 2022, 5:46 pm The market is going to decide everything for everyone.

That's a lot of prophecies, in between "The market is going to decide ..." in the first sentence, and the "Time is going to tell" at the end of your post.
Everything I told you so far has come true. Not because of prophecy ... but becuase of the big flashing indicators accross markets when you actually know markets and study history.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Sounds close to what i was thinking . If you buy a place to rent out and dont treat good renters properly you are about to have a bad time . :130:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Infact a quick looks confirms rents are starting to creep down , year ago there was nothing under a grand to rent a single room , now there is lots under a grand most are 5 to 8 hundred now . Still to high but getting better . :up:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

0g0p0g0 wrote: Sep 15th, 2022, 11:15 pm Everything I told you so far has come true. Not because of prophecy ... but becuase of the big flashing indicators accross markets when you actually know markets and study history.
Next time I am into investing, I am pretty sure I could use your exceptional predicting skills, as well as your "flashing indicators" (TM).
Cheers! :130:

Return to “Social Concerns”