Random Attacks

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Random Attacks

Post by GordonH »

Okay this :swear: needs to be stop NOW, if this was my sister, mother or niece. The individual would be limping for rest of his life with Louisville slugger to side of his knee.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/387283 ... ith-hammer

:swear: :swear: :swear:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Random Attacks

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

They're happening every day in Vancouver. And the main reason they will continue is lack of consequences.

And it wasn't the first time for her,
Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 20-10-45 CSO -.png
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

bb49 wrote: Sep 26th, 2022, 8:06 pm They're happening every day in Vancouver. And the main reason they will continue is lack of consequences.

And it wasn't the first time for her,
Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 20-10-45 CSO -.png
I do not believe it's lack of consequences at all. It's mental health problems. People with mental health problems don't think things through.
Lack of consequences occur more in continued theft and things like that. Not random attack. The person's got a mental health problem obviously walking around with a hammer hitting random people.
Put your anger towards the government who doesn't do anything for the mental health problems more and more people have all the time. You can't fix the problem unless you understand it.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

common_sense_guy wrote: Sep 26th, 2022, 11:03 pm Put your anger towards the government who doesn't do anything for the mental health problems more and more people have all the time. You can't fix the problem unless you understand it.
They are dangerous. Once a mental health patient can no longer be trusted not to hurt those around them in the community, they need to be removed and watched. Not jail since they likely don't understand their actions, but held away from society with doctors to study and help them.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

The more this society turns a blind eye on proliferation of drugs and stays lenient in punishing these crimes, the more of this will be happening. And at some point, there will be citizens militias in the streets protecting law abiding civilians. Yet, our leftist governments are preoccupied with wokeism and political correctness.
neysa59

Post by neysa59 »

You know honestly I am tired of the oh we have to help them. They have mental issy,they are drug addicts so they need our help. I call bull. It was their choice to do drugs. A lot of the mental ones are because of drugs. There is no accountabilities for the crimes they commit. They steal, do damage attack people and nothing happens. What makes it worse is they know it. Go ahead call the cops. They will not come. One time I had to because I couldn't even open store because they were passed out in front of door. I was told are they alivee. Yes they were. They then said sorry we only deal with life or death. Seriously. The politicians need to do something. And maybe help the ones who are honest people who are homeless now because they can't pay their high rent. Maybe have real affordable housing not the ones they call affordable that is maybe $200 less than the going rate.
Sorry for the rant. Just tired of hard working people being punished and the other ones getting away with doing whatever they want to us hard working people
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

I recall a time when we had gone downtown Vancouver for dinner.
Was accosted the moment I parked and exited the vehicle.

Street bum demanded spare change, dirty, grubby, demanding.
I said no.
Came back later to my window smashed out.

Some people's kids.
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

DataCruncher wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 12:50 pm I recall a time when we had gone downtown Vancouver for dinner.

I said no.

Some people's kids.
All your story taught me is to hand over a $10 to any person on the street who asks for money and seem which car is mine.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 1:03 pm
DataCruncher wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 12:50 pm I recall a time when we had gone downtown Vancouver for dinner.

I said no.

Some people's kids.
All your story taught me is to hand over a $10 to any person on the street who asks for money and seem which car is mine.
Then lesson learned. [icon_lol2.gif]
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Sparki55 wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:01 am
common_sense_guy wrote: Sep 26th, 2022, 11:03 pm Put your anger towards the government who doesn't do anything for the mental health problems more and more people have all the time. You can't fix the problem unless you understand it.
They are dangerous. Once a mental health patient can no longer be trusted not to hurt those around them in the community, they need to be removed and watched. Not jail since they likely don't understand their actions, but held away from society with doctors to study and help them.
I could not agree more. That's what needs to be done. You do not sacrifice the whole of society for a very small minority of society to run rampant and terrorize everybody. Longer and longer sentences until they want to agree to go to Rehabilitation. Keep them off the streets longer unless they want to get help
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
neysa59

Post by neysa59 »

See that's a problem. When they do something that is illegal the cops won't even come if it's a street person. I know from personal experience. It's no wonder there are groups out there to take back our streets. I fully support them. If police won't do anything then somebody has too. The government needs to stop saying we need to help them not arrest them. Have you ever talked to any of them. A large majority don't want help. Why go back to the rat race when you can steal,beg and not pay any bills. Hell if the druggies live in Vancouver they can get illegal drugs for free courtesy of government. And please don't get me started on free injection sites and the soon decminalization that's coming. But you still can't drink alcohol in public without getting a ticket
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

common_sense_guy wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 1:37 pm
Sparki55 wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 8:01 am

I could not agree more. That's what needs to be done. You do not sacrifice the whole of society for a very small minority of society to run rampant and terrorize everybody. Longer and longer sentences until they want to agree to go to Rehabilitation. Keep them off the streets longer unless they want to get help
That kind of thinking will put lawyers out on the streets.
We don't need that.
Please reconsider. [icon_lol2.gif] :130:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

DataCruncher wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 1:26 pm
Sparki55 wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 1:03 pm

Lessons learned for some, costs them a $250.00 deductible. (If they had learned to buy comprehensive insurance, that is).
Bring back the LIKE button.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

alanjh595 wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 2:37 pm
DataCruncher wrote: Sep 27th, 2022, 1:26 pm

Lessons learned for some, costs them a $250.00 deductible. (If they had learned to buy comprehensive insurance, that is).
I would be more interested in what lesson would it take to prevent these guys from committing crimes. If that doesn't come soon, things may get much worse. People are fed up with lawlessness in our streets.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

bb49 wrote: Sep 26th, 2022, 8:06 pm They're happening every day in Vancouver. And the main reason they will continue is lack of consequences.

"The suspect was taken to police cells before being released with a future court date. He was released under conditions that he won’t contact the victim or be in the 900-block of Pandora."

What does that even mean? :135:

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/389285 ... nue-attack

Return to “Social Concerns”