Historic Public Hearing & Prelude to Bonnie Henry's Trial to be held at BC supreme court Dec 12-16

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Historic Public Hearing & Prelude to Bonnie Henry's Trial to be held at BC supreme court Dec 12-16

Post by rustled »

ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Dec 12th, 2022, 4:31 am James Loewen interviews CSASPP's Executive Director regarding class certification.

Very helpful. Thanks for posting!
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

Re: Historic Public Hearing & Prelude to Bonnie Henry's Trial to be held at BC supreme court Dec 12-16

Post by ChocolateNecessary91 »

Updated posted about this hearing: https://www.covidconstitutionalchalleng ... us-updates

The defendant is working overtime to make it very difficult for the hearing to be viewed by the general public despite the judge ruling that it would be published online. The update contains information about where the hearing will (likely) be published online.

"Despite having already been granted an order to film the certification hearing, Dr. Henry’s counsel continue to drag their heels on specifically which platform we can publish the footage to. We have tried and exhausted diplomacy, but the fact is that they either do not understand the technical requirements they are insisting on, or are intentionally acting in bad faith to prevent you from seeing what has been going on."

I suggest (to those of you inclined) bookmarking this page to get updates and to donate to CSASPP's war chest.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Dec 14th, 2022, 5:13 am Updated posted about this hearing: https://www.covidconstitutionalchalleng ... us-updates

The defendant is working overtime to make it very difficult for the hearing to be viewed by the general public despite the judge ruling that it would be published online. The update contains information about where the hearing will (likely) be published online.

"Despite having already been granted an order to film the certification hearing, Dr. Henry’s Council continue to drag their heels on specifically which platform we can publish the footage to. We have tried and exhausted diplomacy, but the fact is that they either do not understand the technical requirements they are insisting on, or are intentionally acting in bad faith to prevent you from seeing what has been going on."

I suggest (to those of you inclined) bookmarking this page to get updates and to donate to CSASPP's war chest.
Thanks for keeping us updated on this.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

Footage of hearings has been released: https://www.covidconstitutionalchalleng ... ing-videos

Day 1 available, I think their plan is to release the following days of the hearings this week.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

The hearings will not complete in the time originally allotted as more time is needed to assess all applications.

There is a status update here (https://www.covidconstitutionalchalleng ... us-updates) which I reccommend you subscribe to.

An excerpt: "perhaps the greatest credit for promoting our work should be given to Dr. Henry’s counsel. Their submissions continue to persuade people across the country, and sometimes internationally, of the merits of our work. Whenever they resort to delay tactics, character assassinations, or other poor arguments, we often see a spike in traffic and an ingress of additional donations.

By filming the hearings, government becomes less abstract. It becomes tangible. Generic public relations statements at a press conference are instead replaced and evaluated with your government in its raw form."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Thanks for keeping us updated on this.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

Another update from CSASPP: https://www.covidconstitutionalchalleng ... us-updates
"Our federal government announced yesterday newly reinstated partial COVID-19 travel restrictions. They take effect this Thursday, 5 January, 2023. As of that date any air travellers departing for Hong Kong, Macao, or the People’s Republic of China will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result.

Recall that the federal travel restrictions were originally predicated on a declaration of an emergency.

As you can see the war is far from over. As I have said before, if we do not finish what we started, history will inevitably repeat itself. It already is."
(...)
"As a telling example consider my colleague John Carpay, a member of the bar and the Executive Director for the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF). The JCCF is an Alberta-based non-profit challenging various COVID-19 related measures, among other things.

Mr. Carpay did not enjoy his New Year’s Eve. I had hoped his difficulties would have ended after he faced serious professional repercussions to his livelihood from the Canadian Bar Association. Instead he spent yesterday in solitary confinement without a cot, mattress, blanket, or even a pillow after having been criminally charged and taken into custody by the Calgary police. This was presumably in response to Mr. Carpay having engaged a private investigator to investigate Chief Justice Joyal’s private life as it related to various provincial COVID-19 restrictions that were in effect at the time."
If you want to support CSASP, you can do so here: https://www.covidconstitutionalchallengebc.ca/donate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

From the above:
. "Our federal government announced yesterday newly reinstated partial COVID-19 travel restrictions. They take effect this Thursday, 5 January, 2023. As of that date any air travellers departing for Hong Kong, Macao, or the People’s Republic of China will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result.

Perhaps I am confused. Is it the Chinese govt that is starting this restriction, or is it Canada?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

Catsumi wrote: Jan 2nd, 2023, 9:54 am From the above:
. "Our federal government announced yesterday newly reinstated partial COVID-19 travel restrictions. They take effect this Thursday, 5 January, 2023. As of that date any air travellers departing for Hong Kong, Macao, or the People’s Republic of China will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result.

Perhaps I am confused. Is it the Chinese govt that is starting this restriction, or is it Canada?
It is the government of Canada that created these latest restrictions. You can find the original source of this news item in the link I provided above. You will get more details.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The new rule starting Jan 5th is for travellers "Arriving" from China must provide a negative covid test!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.6214110
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
maggiedoon
Fledgling

Post by maggiedoon »

ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Jan 2nd, 2023, 11:07 am
Catsumi wrote: Jan 2nd, 2023, 9:54 am From the above:

It is the government of Canada that created these latest restrictions. You can find the original source of this news item in the link I provided above. You will get more details.
Your source is wrong. The new testing requirement is for arrivals to Canada FROM China, Hong Kong and Macao.

Makes one wonder what other inaccurate information they are spreading around, doesn’t it?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Jan 2nd, 2023, 9:02 am Another update from CSASPP: …
That website is not a government website. If the information posted there is that wrong I wouldn’t be relying on it.
Apparently they don’t either.
CSASPP is not responsible for the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of information on this website.
maggiedoon
Fledgling

Post by maggiedoon »

Fancy wrote: Jan 2nd, 2023, 12:32 pm
ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Jan 2nd, 2023, 9:02 am Another update from CSASPP: …
That website is not a government website. If the information posted there is that wrong I wouldn’t be relying on it.
Apparently they don’t either.
CSASPP is not responsible for the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of information on this website.
And yet, so many do rely on that information. Then before you know it, they find themselves in Ottawa honking away….
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Agree!
Anyone read Parihar'a affidivait? I wonder how he got an exemption to the mask.

Return to “Social Concerns”