Banks face rising shareholder pressure through climate resolutions as AGMs loom.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Banks face rising shareholder pressure through climate resolutions as AGMs loom.

Post by Gone_Fishin »

fluffy wrote: Apr 3rd, 2023, 10:31 am I just love the way the merest hint at environmental responsibility has the "We can't afford to save the world" gang clambering over each other to register their vote.
How much will global temperatures decline if all Canadian banks stop lending money to the O&G sector?

Just the number, please.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Banks face rising shareholder pressure through climate resolutions as AGMs loom.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

BC Landlord wrote: Apr 3rd, 2023, 12:49 pm
And that's because these eco-zealots have never explained in practical and credible terms how that "saving the world" actually works. Nor have they explained why the world needs saving to begin with.
And don't hold your breath waiting either.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Apr 3rd, 2023, 2:48 pm
How much will global temperatures decline if all Canadian banks stop lending money to the O&G sector?

Just the number, please.
I would hazard a guess.....Zero!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Bsuds wrote: Apr 3rd, 2023, 4:41 pm

I would hazard a guess.....Zero!
and you'd be 100% right.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Screenshot 2023-06-13 135349.png
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

^^^
Just shows, this ESG stuff is pure and utter crap. If you are willing to pay the corrupt bums who bless you with ESG ratings, you can get anything a high ESG score, even things that are deliberately built to kill people like cigarettes. Amazing.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Greenpeace is pushing for banks to be regulated in to keeping their eco commitments. [ECO]Fascism is being pushed by the left. Not that anyone cares about Greenpeace. They have left behind any semblance of credibility long ago.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/06/12/ ... o-fascism/

https://www.greenpeace.org/canada/en/pr ... ce-report/
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Social Concerns”