We live in a bizzaro world.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: We live in a bizzaro world.

Post by Catsumi »

Komplain much?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Rejigger wrote: Jan 18th, 2024, 9:43 pm
Rejigger wrote: Jan 16th, 2024, 3:12 pm I wonder why Palestinians were forced out of Israel in the first place, what with them being such neighbourly, peace-loving people and all.
marvin gardens wrote: Jan 18th, 2024, 12:48 pm Rejigger asks why the Palestinians were forced out of Israel in the first place" :200:
rhe·tor·i·cal ques·tion
noun
a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer.

Food for thought.

I wonder why Egypt didn't open their borders to take in these neighbourly, peace-living people. They didn't even want to open their borders to let aid trucks pass through. That took some arm-twisting to allow that to happen. Hmm.

~
Yes finally after pressure from the US President, the Mexicans allowed the aid to go through.
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or brown or white or whatever the hell color you are — it doesn’t matter. We are all Americans, and we are going to pull together as Americans!” - Donald J. Trump, soon to be president-elect 2024.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 13th, 2024, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Jonrox wrote: Feb 12th, 2024, 7:17 pm Everyone with the k’s again and here’s my dumb a$$ not knowing what it means yet again.
How dare you? :biggrin:
Rejigger
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Rejigger »

Jonrox wrote: Feb 12th, 2024, 7:17 pm Everyone with the k’s again and here’s my dumb a$$ not knowing what it means yet again.
I'm able to figure out what the dollar signs in your post represent. I'm so $mart.

~
liisgo
Guru

Post by liisgo »

spooker wrote: Jan 22nd, 2024, 9:32 pm
Jonrox wrote: Jan 22nd, 2024, 8:57 pm I think I missed the memo… what’s the significance of using k’s instead of c’s for some words? I’ve seen this done from time to time on the boards.
My belief is that some people use it to show disdain for the subject, if you don't use correct English then it must be a joke ...
The name Canada is now generally accepted as originating from the St. Lawrence Iroquoian word kanata ([kana:taʔ]), meaning 'village' or 'settlement'.
Not sure what the reasoning is for using the letter C instead of K.

And calling trudeau childish gets a :up: up

"and I don’t like what Trudeau is doing to this country but calling them names is childish and says more about my character than it does about theirs."
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Canada beats New France.
As for ribbing on the forum I think it often depends who is doing it. If you like or don't dislike a Poster the crack flies.
If it is a Poster you have some weird hateon then if they said good morning you'd probably get steamed :/
I drift blissfully thinking other posters adore me LOL
I see another Forum romance is brewing, ah Love :p
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 13th, 2024, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

Stand up to Anti-Semitism.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
I see another Forum romance is brewing, ah Love :p
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
As the media is eager to scrutinize Biden's age, then can we have the same scrutiny on all of Trump’s brain cooked GIBBERISH?
I like presidents that don’t have syphilitic dementia. #MAGA #syphillis #news
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Since the word BIZZARO is in the subject, how's this for bizzaro? Right outta Bud Lite

https://torontosun.com/news/world/this- ... rMiddaySun
Doritos fires trans influencer over ‘depraved’ tweets

I'm pretty well at a loss with this story.
How can a company be so stupid?
What makes this poor excuse for a human being an "influencer"? Who is "it" influencing?
Our society has hit rock bottom.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

Stand up to Anti-Semitism.
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

Not rock bottom yet.
Rock bottom will be when tampons are in men's washrooms, & absent from females,(as it would be sexist to have tampons in women's washrooms)

We are at least halfway there!!!!!!
you may think I'm dumb, but I ain't so smart....
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JK Rowling reported to UK police for ‘misgendering’ trans broadcaster as a ‘man’

The UK’s first transgender national news anchor has reported “Harry Potter” author JK Rowling to the police for “misgendering” her as a “man” on social media.

India Willoughby, 58, reported having “contacted Northumbria Constabulary” over a series of X posts Sunday by the outspoken author.

Rowling, also 58, called Willoughby “just a man reveling in his misogynistic performance of what he thinks ‘woman’ means: narcissistic, shallow and exhibitionist.”

Rowling had “definitely committed a crime,” Willoughby alleged to Byline TV Wednesday, claiming the best-selling author was guilty of a “cut-and-dry offense.”

“I’m legally a woman, she knows I’m a woman, and she calls me a man.

“It’s a protected characteristic and that is a breach of both the Equalities Act and the Gender Recognition Act. She’s tweeted that out to 14 million followers,” Willoughby wrote.
https://nypost.com/2024/03/07/world-new ... s%20Alerts
“It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or brown or white or whatever the hell color you are — it doesn’t matter. We are all Americans, and we are going to pull together as Americans!” - Donald J. Trump, soon to be president-elect 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Return to “Social Concerns”