Gardening 2018

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Gardening 2018

Post by Queen K »

I can give a blue Salvia away to you :130: PM me for info :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Let the water wars begin. Hauling out a sprinkler tomorrow to water . Im sure someone has a problem with that.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I've already been watering, though it has been "watering in" plants.

Three roses planted, in addition to the tree peony (which hasn't wilted!).

Front garden bed expanded but not complete as best friend hijacked me for a fun road trip this afternoon :130:
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Where did ya go?

Summerland is having their plant sale May 5th and 6th, there's a road trip right there.

May 6th, SORCO is having their open house for the rapters. JFlem, you ever go to a rapter bird rehab place before? 30th anniversary and all that.

We've been using rainbarrel water for our plants. :130:

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:Where did ya go?

Summerland is having their plant sale May 5th and 6th, there's a road trip right there.

May 6th, SORCO is having their open house for the rapters. JFlem, you ever go to a rapter bird rehab place before? 30th anniversary and all that.

We've been using rainbarrel water for our plants. :130:

Sorrento! And we did some antiquing along the way :)

Ooooh - I may do the Summerland plant sale - though my food garden beds haven't been prepped yet.
I love the Sorco open house. I haven't been for a few years though . . .
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We go every few years and with this one being a special one, it's on the agenda.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Tree Peony is still alive! I have great hopes to see flowers this year :up:

Pruning has begun. I look like I was attacked by a rabid cat. :138:
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

My zuc seeds have emerged, so, feeling rather sassy, planted cuc and bean seeds today.

Glad the peony tree survived Lady T :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Radishes have sprouted in the garden and a bunch of stuff has sprouted in the greenhouse. :130:
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

For the gardener who doesn't like getting dirty
https://farm.bot/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Started trimming the cedars. Snow really fd em up. All afternoon on the chainsaw. About one third of the way done. Got the first load to the dump. Glad to have a flat deck. Came in real handy today. Chainsaw too. Gotta have tools to get stuff done. God only knows how much money i saved today
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I once hand dug out two giant tree stumps right here on this property. Looks like I'm going that route again.
acbarry

Post by acbarry »

Anyone gambling that last frost is done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Absolutely done with frost!

Feel safe and secure relying on SWP (skunk weather prognosis). Groundhog now a set of mittens.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hot sunny weather on my days off.
Rain today.
It wasn't too bad, at first. Then got heavier. I feel bad for those who tried to have a yard sale today and the Boat show people.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”