Growing/sharing/learning to garden: 2022

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Growing/sharing/learning to garden: 2022

Post by Catsumi »

Excellent Thinktank! A pal of mine had access to gooseberries one year only, didn’t have a clue what to do with them. A willing and able Skunk, I made jam, and lordy, it was the best jam ever. If you have extras….

Blackberries: so easy to make jam and juice, simple job. To juice, just wash berries well, drop them into a big pot with water to cover plus one inch, mash them, and simmer until berries have given all they can. Pour through sieve and bottle [freeze if you will], excellent for jelly making later or use juice to cut your vodka. :biggrin:
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
Old Sailor
Fledgling

Post by Old Sailor »

Catsumi wrote: Sep 19th, 2022, 6:01 pm use juice to cut your vodka. :biggrin:
Sacriledge to cut Vodka.
It's so cold I'm almost hoping for a heated argument with my Wife!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've been clipping back the sunflowers and grapevines. I have to move two pink blueberries bushes. And get the raspberries thinned out somewhat. So much to do this Fall.
If Putin stopped, he'd be saving Russian lives as well. Never thought the right would have a field day but June 24/2022 it is.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I put my strawberries in the ground. 3 long railing planters, 4 hanging pots. Filled one garden bed up completely! They went into the one I had used for onions, beets & kohlrabi. I know we're not expecting frost for a while, but I also know if I had put it off I'd be rushing or have missed my window.

I need to plant my fall garlic. But I want to plant them in the area currently overgrown by dahlias. And covered by the grape (which desperately needs to be cut back). I lost a few tubers last year, so this year I'm going to try it with this tutorial http://markcullen.com/dahlias-digging-dividing-storing/ - we shall see.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”