Gardening 2017: Fruits, Veggies, Flowers

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
slootman
Übergod

Re: Gardening 2017: Fruits, Veggies, Flowers

Post by slootman »

Cherry tomatoes are still green, but there. Lots more lettuce up. Peppers are healthy, goji plant is healthy (thanks Queenie). New hops are coming up. Snap peas are half eaten and will likely be taken out next week.

Even my peach tree is coming around despite the nasty peach curl earlier this year. Phew!
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Barney Google wrote:After over ten years of fooling around, sourcing out the right variety, not surviving the cold, finding the right location

for the seemingly fussy plants we've got flowers on our wisteria vines!!!

Funny thing is, I've got friends in the southern US that consider it almost a weed cause it grows so prolifically

in some regions down there...they think I'm a little bat poop crazy for wanting it here...lol.

Now that it's established it is kinda scary how fast it grows. Lol

After ten years + of frustration, pampering and fussing...our first fledgling blooms...
flowers small 1.jpg

flowers small 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I am at a loss of what to do with my ever present too blasted many Tay Berry canes and Bosen Berry Canes.

It's always a struggle, Slootman, if you get a large area prepared in your "back forty" you're more than welcome to them.
If Slootman doesn't want them, it's open territory for someone who does.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Traci

Post by Traci »

does anyone have a monks hood plant for sale or seeds?
Thank you !
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Queen K wrote:I am at a loss of what to do with my ever present too blasted many Tay Berry canes and Bosen Berry Canes.

It's always a struggle, Slootman, if you get a large area prepared in your "back forty" you're more than welcome to them.
If Slootman doesn't want them, it's open territory for someone who does.

I'd happily pay for some canes of both berries Madame Queen!!

Keep me posted...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I always give them away. :D

I'll see what Sloot has to say, and the way they are this year, there might be some for two people. I think Sloot and I talked about more canes though.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Queen K wrote:I always give them away. :D

I'll see what Sloot has to say, and the way they are this year, there might be some for two people. I think Sloot and I talked about more canes though.

You n Sloot work it out if there are any left overs I'll gladly take em.

If not this year put me on your list for next year.
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Traci wrote:does anyone have a monks hood plant for sale or seeds?
Thank you !

I'm not sure, I have a mystery plant in my front yard that I thought was one thing but might be Monkshood. I'll google it.
Traci

Post by Traci »

That would be great thank you
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Traci wrote:That would be great thank you

What I have is not Monk's Hood.

But I do have a mystery plant that looks like a cantaloupe gone "gangster."
It has cantaloupe looking leaves, yellow flowers that turn into prickly little spheres.
I can't decide if I want it just as a conversation piece or if I should kill it with fire.

I also have a dilemma of certain areas of my front garden being disasterous bare spots. Like as if what I really need to do is get in there with a shovel, remove it ALL and restart.
Traci

Post by Traci »

Thank you anyway. I found Foxglove seeds and Lupine. I will bee searching local as it is always best to be seasoned.

I'd be up for a seed exchange or plant exchange... if anyone else is???? I'm starting with a new plot so all I have is some ground cover and irisis. I am thinking of trying a larger fairy garden so thustly I'm searching for certain plants.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Traci wrote:Thank you anyway. I found Foxglove seeds and Lupine. I will bee searching local as it is always best to be seasoned.

I'd be up for a seed exchange or plant exchange... if anyone else is???? I'm starting with a new plot so all I have is some ground cover and irisis. I am thinking of trying a larger fairy garden so thustly I'm searching for certain plants.

I have seeds you can have - nigella, blanketflower, maltese cross, poppies . . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

Traci, I have monkshoods. Pm me if you would like to come up and dig some out.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Traci wrote:Thank you anyway. I found Foxglove seeds and Lupine. I will bee searching local as it is always best to be seasoned.

Come over and see how Sapiglossis would work out for a Fairy Garden. PM me if you're up to meeting a castanetter in the evening either Wed/Thurs/Friday after 6 pm. I've got seeds galore, plants galore that will need divided. Esp. xeriscape plants.

And Barney, Sloot and I agreed you're next in line for berry canes. Sent the PM, k?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Heads UP!

The garden center at Independent at Capri Mall is now in the process of closing out. I got some sweet new to me plants and am even giving Fox Glove one more try.

They've got LOTS of tomato plants, bulbs, strawberry plants and for some reason tonnes of purple petunias.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”