Gardening 2018

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Gardening 2018

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote:You will be fine for the next 2 weeks.

That was my thought as well. Would someone like to tell Mrs. A. (Always) Right that ever other day will be good. :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:You will be fine for the next 2 weeks.

That was my thought as well. Would someone like to tell Mrs. A. (Always) Right that ever other day will be good. :biggrin:

Do you want me to phone her?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

At least the cooler weather means my plants have stopped bolting.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote:Do you want me to phone her?

Thanks for the offer but she won't believe you either. :135:
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

C'mon Sudsy, let him call. Mrs S - aka Mrs. A. (Always) Right - will set him straight and he'll have all day to recover. :smt045
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Do you want me to phone her?

Thanks for the offer but she won't believe you either. :135:

I understand, she hasn't forgotten the last man that told her anything. 30 years later and she is still doing his laundry... :130:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

He might never recover! :200:
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

True but I didn't want to scare him.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
acbarry

Post by acbarry »

Bsuds wrote:OK you master gardeners how often do you water your veggies?

My DW and I are having a discussion and I would like your expert opinions.

Our garden does not get Sun all day long. Maybe 6 hours.

I water everyday but will vary how long depending on weather. I look at the week forecast and predict my length. Currently at 4 minutes because its cool and had lots of rain. During the hot periods, i can go up to 15 to 20 with one or two extra soakings on really hot dry days.
It also depends on which garden. My in ground garden with straw needs a lot less watering than my raised bed without mulch.

I know i can leave a garden for a week and know that it will be fine.
Another reason for me to water everyday is because my cedar fences are all on my drip irrigation. I like to give them lots of water.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I love visiting my gardens after work, and seeing if things have grown at all during the day. I have a tomato growing on my Tiny Tim plant, on the deck :D
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Well i shut off the auto watering for a few days. Rain out
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Interesting concept - will look for it next year.

Got a love of gardening and a hankering for fast food? Innovative horticulturalists have created a way to combine the two.

U.K.-based horticulture company Thompson & Morgan has developed a plant that grows both cherry tomatoes and potatoes – meaning you can get your homemade fries and ketchup fix from a single source.

The product was first announced in 2013, and now it's finally commercially available.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/tomta ... -1.3551593

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

The TomTato looks like a lot of fun and hope you can obtain a plant so you can report back to us if it really works as advertised.

How I am lovingly languishing in my lush lettuce garden grown in the most inhospitable garden space ever that I have had to deal with. Maybe the Black Krim toms will also produce surprises for me in Stoney Acres. Thanks again, Lady T. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Catsumi wrote:The TomTato looks like a lot of fun and hope you can obtain a plant so you can report back to us if it really works as advertised.

How I am lovingly languishing in my lush lettuce garden grown in the most inhospitable garden space ever that I have had to deal with. Maybe the Black Krim toms will also produce surprises for me in Stoney Acres. Thanks again, Lady T. :biggrin:

You're welcome! I am anxiously awaiting mine, as well
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Return to “Creative Endeavours”