Film Camera and Darkroom Odds and Ends

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Film Camera and Darkroom Odds and Ends

Post by Randall T »

I've been sorting through things I no longer need and have some odds and ends left over from a few decades ago. I would rather part with it by finding a good home to someone, or a group of people, who still have the desire to do things the "old" way. I did part with a fair bit of it years ago to a Fine Arts student whose curriculum required the use of such medium. If anyone can suggest a club, student, or whoever that has a darkroom or still uses 35mm film, please post a suggestion or shoot me a PM. I have a list of stuff available and may find more that's hiding in dark corners somewhere.
I birn quil I se
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Re: Film Camera and Darkroom Odds and Ends

Post by alanjh595 »

Try UBCO.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Thanks for the reply. I did consider UBCO but it seems the curriculum has changed somewhat, but I did find a local High School that has analog photography programs and also a darkroom. I'm happy it will be going to kids at that level as that's how I was introduced into visual arts decades ago.
I birn quil I se
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Ask them if they would also be interested in getting an Ansco Shur-Shot camera too.

Contact me via PM
Bring back the LIKE button.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I imagine it was Rutland high.when I was working for Rainbow Photo they had a good photography course.

It's getting tough finding a good home for this stuff.
I tried pretty much giving away a Durst Laboratory 138 not too long ago, and couldn't find anyone interested in it in Western Canada. Although someone in Nova Scotia wanted me to ship it for free.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

It's MBSS in West Kelowna. They have a need for analog equipment and I'm sure would appreciate any donations.
I birn quil I se

Return to “Creative Endeavours”