Canning Lid Shortage

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Canning Lid Shortage

Post by Lady tehMa »

alanjh595 wrote:How many and what size do you need? I will keep my eye open for you.

I have enough now, thanks alanjh!
I haven't failed until I quit.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Lady tehMa wrote:She's done her schooling, and decided she's happy at the Dollarama. The kid has extended medical and dental there, full-time hours and she has friends at the store. She may do something with it in the future, but for now she's content.

Good for her - she's got her head screwed on straight. No reason she can't use her schooling and talent as a sideline business.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I have lots of wide-mouth lids because I prefer narrow jars so almost never use them.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Please let me know if you need any lids or even jars with a PM tonight .
I could head to Castlegar Cndn Tire, and even Trails tomorrow if needed and will probably head right into K-town in a few days.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm good, but thanks a lot, everyone!
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Personally, I've reused lids, and it works just fine. I canned 20 jars of salsa that way, and only had one lid that didn't seal. 8 months later I pawned it off at the Castanet Get Together. not.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I also have reused lids. Just have to check the seal after boiling, and again before use. I wouldn't use them for a 3rd time.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”