Halloween Candy Chutes

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Halloween Candy Chutes

Post by oneh2obabe »

Kids can enjoy trick or treat while maintaining social distancing. The guy has orders for 400 candy chutes with a minimum $25 donation to the Food Bank.

A Toronto plumber is helping to make Halloween a bit safer by rigging up an alternative for handing out candy to local trick-or-treaters in his neighbourhood.

Geoff Burke is working to install something called "Candy Chutes" — an inventive way to get candy to kids while practising physical distancing.

"It brings a little bit of joy, and it's relatively safe," Burke said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5766110
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Halloween Candy Chutes

Post by stuphoto »

Good idea, especially for a plumber who probably has hundreds of short pipes perfect for the project.
If I was expecting any children and had the time I would try to rig up sometime based on the Mousetrap board game.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think I will just turn the lights out and keep the 2 boxes of chocolate bars for myself. :biggrin:
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote:I think I will just turn the lights out and keep the 2 boxes of chocolate bars for myself. :biggrin:

I plan on buying choc. bars too, but I will wait until they go on sale after halloween. Should be lot's to choose from.
Bring back the LIKE button.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Whenever I have tried that, I really didn't feel that good in the morning.
Nore could I find any leftover chocolate
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Post by Lady tehMa »

We haven't had many kids in our area, ever. I think we'll just turn the lights off and forgo the candy shopping . . .
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lady tehMa wrote:We haven't had many kids in our area, ever. I think we'll just turn the lights off and forgo the candy shopping . . .

The first year in our house we had over 250 kids. We are down to less than 75 last year and I suspect just a few local kids this year.
All my passwords are protected by amnesia!
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

I'm a Halloween grinch. My family looks after the little buggers. I just sit on my plump butt and watch B movies. This year is Basket Case (remastered).
I birn quil I se
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Post by Lady tehMa »

Bsuds wrote:The first year in our house we had over 250 kids. We are down to less than 75 last year and I suspect just a few local kids this year.

The biggest year we had, was 13 kids.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”